Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Can't Wake Up

rebeccalacie Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

ohh yupppp, sleep paralysis maybee? i get it too.

KattJane Guest

This just happened to me lastnight. I stayed at my sisters. and decided to go sleep in her bed, because she wasnt home, so i lefted the tv on and everything in the living room. and as soon as i apparent fall asleep which i didnt think i did, i was trying to get away but i couldnt move, i could a little bit. but it was like i was paralised or something. it was so hard, like something was pulling me back. like i could see and hear everything, i really thought i was still awake. i was trying to crawl in the hallway trying to get to the living room. i felt every move ment and heard everything. and then all the shudden it was like a shock and i was back in my bed. like i woke up fast and i was like what was that. i really didnt think i was sleeping. its happens to me all the time.. and im always trying to wake myself up. and then once i do. im scared to go back to sleep. ahh wish it would stop.

Quote Originally Posted by KattJane View Post
    This just happened to me lastnight. I stayed at my sisters. and decided to go sleep in her bed, because she wasnt home, so i lefted the tv on and everything in the living room. and as soon as i apparent fall asleep which i didnt think i did, i was trying to get away but i couldnt move, i could a little bit. but it was like i was paralised or something. it was so hard, like something was pulling me back. like i could see and hear everything, i really thought i was still awake. i was trying to crawl in the hallway trying to get to the living room. i felt every move ment and heard everything. and then all the shudden it was like a shock and i was back in my bed. like i woke up fast and i was like what was that. i really didnt think i was sleeping. its happens to me all the time.. and im always trying to wake myself up. and then once i do. im scared to go back to sleep. ahh wish it would stop.
    Hi,
    Relax! Make sure you get comfortable when you go to bed. If you leave the TV or light on it effects your dreams. If you fall asleep sitting up, you get bad dreams. Go to sleep on your side. Next time you have this type of dream it will not be as bad as you will know you're dreaming.
    In any case you will know that it is your own subconscius trying to frighten you awake because you are sleeping in a bad position.
    Dreaming is a vital function of life

choose_to Guest

Exclamation I cant wake up and i cant move

OMG i have basically the same dream on average 3-5 times a week...this has been goin on for about 2 months now but i have experienced similar episodes in the past.When im gettin ready to fall asleep i hear a popping crackling noise in my ears and then my body starts feeling all tingly and im thinking oh no not again..Like some of the others Ive read on here i am dreaming about where im at..ie the couch the bed and im coherent in my dream. Im trying to wake up and i cant. Im trying to scream for help but my mouth wont move and only a whisper comes out. I know something is there. Dont know what but im terrified and then it grabs me. The unknown force pulls me and I can feel the covers falling off my body and my hair as its sliding off the pillow. I try to put a bright protective light around me to ward off the negativity but mostlt it makes it worse. So im telling myself its a dream wake up wake up but i cant..sometimes I think im awake and then the tingling will start again or the pulling or feeling like Im falling and I know then im not awake and sometimes i get my eyes open but it feels like im being literally sucked back in Please someone tell me how to make it stop i will try anything!!!
    Last edited by choose_to; 03-04-2010 at 07:40 PM.

Anonymous11 Guest

Exclamation Me Too!

Wolfe suggested that I check out this thread. The only problem is my sleep paralysis is nothing like what you guys are mentioning. I get frightened in my dream so that I wake up out of a sound sleep- a sleep in which I have been asleep for hours. While relieved to be physically awake, I soon find out that I can not move. This freaks me out. What freaks me out more is that while I lay there "freaking out", I can feel my mouth form a smile and then I can hear a sinister laugh come out of my mouth. I can then feel tears pouring out of my closed eyes and finally I scream and thrash about petrified of what just happened. This happens all of the time...not always with the sinister laughor screaming, but always frightened awake and then I have no control over a certain body part as it feels someone else is playing puppeteer with my limbs. If I am already frightened into waking, then why can't I move when I awake and why is a part of my body moving, seemingly on it's own???

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous11 View Post
    Wolfe suggested that I check out this thread. The only problem is my sleep paralysis is nothing like what you guys are mentioning. I get frightened in my dream so that I wake up out of a sound sleep- a sleep in which I have been asleep for hours. While relieved to be physically awake, I soon find out that I can not move. This freaks me out. What freaks me out more is that while I lay there "freaking out", I can feel my mouth form a smile and then I can hear a sinister laugh come out of my mouth. I can then feel tears pouring out of my closed eyes and finally I scream and thrash about petrified of what just happened. This happens all of the time...not always with the sinister laughor screaming, but always frightened awake and then I have no control over a certain body part as it feels someone else is playing puppeteer with my limbs. If I am already frightened into waking, then why can't I move when I awake and why is a part of my body moving, seemingly on it's own???
    Hi,
    Relax! Now you brought it out into the open it will happen less often and if it happens again you will know that it is your way - or rather your subconscious minds way - of dreaming and waking you up.
    What happens in your case is that you "dream" that you wake up, come near the waking level and finally wake up. It is like a butterfly emerging from its cocoon.

SarahSwenson Guest

Default Sleep paralysis

Physiologically, sleep paralysis is closely related to the paralysis that occurs as a natural part of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, which is known as REM atonia. Sleep paralysis occurs when the brain awakes from a REM state, but the body paralysis persists. This leaves the person fully conscious, but unable to move. The paralysis can last from several seconds to several minutes after which the individual may experience panic symptoms such as a racing heart and shortness of breath, and the realization that the distorted perceptions were false.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahSwenson View Post
    Physiologically, sleep paralysis is closely related to the paralysis that occurs as a natural part of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, which is known as REM atonia. Sleep paralysis occurs when the brain awakes from a REM state, but the body paralysis persists. This leaves the person fully conscious, but unable to move. The paralysis can last from several seconds to several minutes after which the individual may experience panic symptoms such as a racing heart and shortness of breath, and the realization that the distorted perceptions were false.
    Hi,
    At no time in sleep there is atonia. It is a false perception. REM is nothing more than the sleeper watching an unfolding dream that gradually raises the sleepers level of consciousness.
    the individual may experience panic symptoms such as a racing heart and shortness of breath
    In fact it is the breathing difficulties that cause the sleep paralysis dreams. The subconscious uses the fear of paralysis and defencelessness to wake the sleeper.
    If you watch people or animals sleep and dream, you will get a better idea what goes on.

twin87 Guest

Ok I just had a dream that i couldnt wake up in my dream... and i literally decided to give up and die? I couldnt move a muscle but when i did wake up i woke up out of breath... but I didnt actually really wake up i had just woken up in my dream?

twin87 Guest

And then to add everything in my dream was like real life. i finally woke up in my dream and walked to the bathroom in the dark then got scared by something dark then jolted up. I was shocked to find that i wasnt actually already awake?