Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    coxo88 Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Recurring dream of being shot

Hi everyone! This is my first time on these boards and I love reading about dream interpretation. For probably almost a year now (maybe a little bit less) Ive been having dreams of being shot. Sometimes its just one person after me, sometimes theres alot of people around being shot as well. Its been in my back, head, leg, and i cant think of every place else. Its always the same..I feel myself being shot in my dream (sometimes just once sometimes over and over -- and it kinda just feels hot and like a burning feeling), then ill start to feel faint like im going to die. Sometimes blood, sometimes just a fading away feeling. I never acutally died in these dreams and Im almost used to having them at least a few times a month..but I would just like to know anyones take on why I might be having these dreams so often. Thanks so much :)

Hi,
    In dream language symbols shooting means sending a message and being shot means receiving a bitter message is on the way.
    Being faint means wandering to solve a problem.If you had died would means you would have the problem solved.

Dream language interpretation is an ancient science of allusions . Pointing of the surrounded environment. As Mr. Einstein has said the events are like train stations which exist and we are moving towards them. These are prewritten destiny with some authority ( in decision making seconds) in a very full details. This dream language should be translated, and interesting to know it is international and common for all human beings. But ignorance causes some misunderstanings.People were not aware of this language and always thought in a bad way , for example Mr. Freud said about sexual dreams it is because you have suppressed your sexual desires so misled everybody and some women dreamt about having sex with co-workers or another and thought they should do that, while it only meant he will do something for her, or some others dreamt had sex with the same sex and invented homosexual, while it meant the same ,Also some men dreamt his wife had sex with a man and didn't understand or a woman dreamt her partner had sex with a woman and didn't' understand ...etc.Do you see what catastrophes are caused by misunderstanding a language. About the approximate interpretation time table: Dreams at noon or exactly at midnight( In the summer time 13 at noon and 1 midnight else at 12)in the same day if past a few minutes, a few days later. Dreams at 10-11 in the morning in 15-30 days later. Also dreams at 3-4 in the evening in 1-2 months .Dreams in the sunset mostly are not truthful and are messed, they have no interpretations, Dreams at 4-5 in the morning in a few days to 2 months some dreams in the holy books( Josef dream of kneeling the sun and the moon and 11 stars)was interpreted after 20 years and other dreams of the Pharaoh's prisoners interpreted in the same day and after 7 years. Dream of Pharaoh about the 7 thin cows and 7 fat cows interpreted from the next year to 14 years. Also dreams in 6th of the month will interpret after 1-2 days, in 9th at the same day, in 10th after 20 days, in 13th after 9 days in 14th after 26 days and in 15th after 3 days, in 16th after 2 days and in 28th ,29th ,30th in the same day, but these are solar (Persian months and you should refer to a calendar or convert them) . Of course there are different kinds of dreams , like messy dreams which have no interpretations or deja vu dreams, or psychological dreams or dreams which are caused by bad food or drinks
    Dreams are scenes of daily day happenings in real life when interpreted will come and pass.This may happen in the near future in a few days to a month or two.
    People are asleep, when die they will wake up.
    42. God takes the souls at the time of their death, and those that die not during their sleep; then He withholds those on whom He has passed the decree of death and sends the others back till an appointed term; most surely there are signs in this for a people who reflect.

licia25 Guest

Believe it or not, being shot in a dream can mean that you are feeling guilt or blame for something. you are punishing yourself in waking life and your dreams take this form. This blame or guilt you are feeling could be for a number or things. Perhaps you aren't doing what you want with you life and blame yourself, maybe you've lost contact with someone and aren't sound with it, it could be something you did to someone, or something that happened to someone or something that you think is your fault. Let me know if i'm going in the right direction and let's see where we can get with this dream. I hate recurring dreams, they are almost always upsetting and hard to interpret and understand. I've had many all my life so I hope you can find answers on here.
    Hope this helped
    keep me posted
    -licia;)

unclesirbobbyrobson Guest

GUNS : Guns in dreams have an obvious connection to anger and bad feelings. So if your dream follows some argument or situation in which you have been targeted for criticism or blamed then the gun could have an obvious link. Yet dreams with guns in can be quite complex and have meanings that you would not expect. They can link to moments when you feel inhibited. They may symbolise some argument that you are trying to precisely put across. They may link to moments when you feel singled out(targeted). [KEY WORDS : Inhibited, focusing, confrontation, blamed]

KEY PHRASES(Pick a quote which captures your feelings right now. Think especially of the day before the dream) :
    - "My inhibitions were obvious"
    - "focusing precisely on... "
    - "I told him precisely"
    - "she picks up on every my fault "
    - "The focus was concentrated on her"
    - "I got totally blamed"
    - "there was a confrontation"

Dreams can be premonitions. But many dreams that seem like premonitions may simply be about situations and feelings from yesterday (as we think over the previous days events). So itís best to assume that a dream is about the day before and is personal and psychological in its origin. Itís easy to jump to conclusions about premonitions. Generally itís best to wait and see.

In truth itís not easy to interpret a dream especially if its not your own. A dream symbol may often link to various meanings that we can obtain from an ordinary dictionary. Dream symbols then are used as words.

A famous person may symbolize a situation where you are made to feel special. So see how you felt special or wished to feel special. But the trouble is that the words (symbols) that dreams use are difficult to understand both on their own and together (as a set of dream symbols).

Think of the word famous. Does a dream with a famous person make it easy to understand the meaning of the dream? The answer has to be no. Firstly, a famous person may link too many meaning commonly used in ordinary dictionaries. Think of the many different contexts that the word appears: "Those were his famous last words"; "He made me feel special and important - I felt like a film star"; "I really wish to become famous". So making sweeping judgments about dream symbols is pointless. A dream symbol is used in so many contexts and in such a sophisticated way that you really have to interpret it with caution.

But the study of dreams is not so pointless. We can by experience understand that dreams are very much of the moment. Dreams are linked to the way the mind studies situations. They are linked to our intuitions. The dream mind is also conceptual in its thinking so expect whatever comes out of it to be an idea or well thought out feeling. Actually the best way to interpret a dream is to write down several sentences which sum up your current feelings about yesterdays events. Add some more sentences which capture your feelings about the day to come and the future in general. You will probably end up with three or four sentences such as "I really hate the way that my sister gets me to take the blame" or "I feel really worried about my exam tomorrow" or "I wonder if my friend is unhappy as she is very quiet and acting oddly right now". Itís likely that one of these conceptual thoughts is the dreams actual meaning. Try to spot links with the dream symbols various meanings and real life. If two or three symbols match up then you have a possible interpretation.

Itís still not easy. A dream may not contain any direct connection to the situation it is about.

These pages are especially helpful in showing you how to interpret dreams

Dream symbolism and dream dictionary interpretation - How to interpret dreams Interpreting dreams
    Dream symbolism - How to use dream symbols Triggers for dreams
    A dream dictionary that explores the variety of meanings in a dream symbol Dream dictionary

coxo88 Guest

Thanks everyone for responding. I decided next time I had a shooting dream i would think about how my day went to see if i could connect anything. Yesterday I had been fighting with my parents, and brother. I was irritated all day and was crying over everything. I had been honest with my mom about things I knew were hurtful but I felt i needed to say. I went to bad sad, because i hate hurting people i love even if it wasnt meant to be that way. and last night i had a dream of being shot..along with seeing other violence. Thankfully ive come up with a way i can wake myself up out of my dreams if i want to. I just close my eyes in the dream and start skaking my head and twitching my body and usually ill jolt awake. Uugh, i still hate having shooting dreams though ..

amerino14 Guest

Oh my god!!! I have a very similar dream. I always dream of getting shot in the head but I never die! I do feel myself dying and becoming hot!!!!! I too feel faint, one time my dream was so real I thought I was dying (I was experiencing sleep paralysis in my dream) so I said a prayer as I was getting this faint feeling and I slowly woke up almost as god was bringing me back to life!! Imma have to post my dream and more details later wen I'm not on my blkberry. But I just wanted to let you kno ur not the only one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amerino14 View Post
    Oh my god!!! I have a very similar dream. I always dream of getting shot in the head but I never die! I do feel myself dying and becoming hot!!!!! I too feel faint, one time my dream was so real I thought I was dying (I was experiencing sleep paralysis in my dream) so I said a prayer as I was getting this faint feeling and I slowly woke up almost as god was bringing me back to life!! Imma have to post my dream and more details later wen I'm not on my blkberry. But I just wanted to let you kno ur not the only one!!!
    Hi,
    Do you suffer from a lot of headaches or migraine in waking life? What you describe is a headache or migraine come on while you are asleep. The dream is simply telling you what is happening in your sleep. Your subconscious uses your perception of whit it might feel like to be shot to wake you.

In the case of coxxo:
    and it kinda just feels hot and like a burning feeling), then ill start to feel faint like im going to die. Sometimes blood, sometimes just a fading away feeling.
    Perhaps there is a real sensation of pain, itching or burning that come on during the sleep. I would have the condition checked out by your doctor. However the dream could be caused by an uncomfortable bed, bad sleeping position or a low pillow.
    When dreams indicate pain or discomfort there is often real pain felt by the sleeper.
    The idea that guns mean this or that does not hold water, as they could mean different thing to a hunter and the hunted.
    Cheers Wolfjk
    Dreaming is a vital function of life

ic3cold Guest

i also have the exact same dream, sometimes i get shot by someone driving up next to me in a car, needless to say i crap myself whenever a car drives slowly next to me when iam awake, or sometimes ther are lots of people after me and shooting me, i start to feel faint, get hot, and like you said as if iam fading away, like my eyes closing as i die but always just before i die in my dream i wake up, always at the exactly same point.

However i havnt had this dream for a while scince the last time i dreamed of it, this time i fought back and got hold of a knife and i stabbed the attacker, my dreams are usually very violent with lots of blood, am i weird? lol.

amerino14 Guest

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfjk View Post
    Hi,
    Do you suffer from a lot of headaches or migraine in waking life? What you describe is a headache or migraine come on while you are asleep. The dream is simply telling you what is happening in your sleep. Your subconscious uses your perception of whit it might feel like to be shot to wake you.
    k
    OMG! I do!!! I havent actually been diagnosed but i went in to ER the other day for a bad headache! Ever since i became pregnant they have become extremely unbearable! The ER doctor told me what i was describing was a migraine! I have woke up with headache when i felt the hot sensation many times, however i dreamt of being shot in the head again this morning, but no headache....hmmmmm. I wish there was a way to stop them! I am extremely terrified of guns and have panic attacks with just looking at one! I honestly think i may be traumatized! I am convinced that this is the way ill die in the future! Any advice? Thanks SO much!!

Default Dreams of guns

Hi Amerino14,
    Thanks for your post.
    I wish there was a way to stop them! I am extremely terrified of guns and have panic attacks with just looking at one! I honestly think i may be traumatized! I am convinced that this is the way ill die in the future! Any advice? Thanks SO much!!
    Migrain and headaches are often brought on by some foods especially cheese and chocholates. If you take notice what you ate the day before the dreams that might give a clue. It is like an allergy to some foods. However tension and stress can bring it on. Perhaps in your condition you experience some stress at present.
    I don't think dreams foretell anything so you should not worry about the guns. Your subconscious uses your fear of guns as an alarm clock to wake you up when the need arises! Your dreams are always trying to help you. I think the doctors also have some good medicines.
    I wish you best of luck. Cheers Wolfjk
    Dreaming is a vital function of life