zengurl Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Two people having same dream, same night???

My boyfriend and I woke up this morning and told each other about the vivid dream we had each just had. As one of us started, the other picked up and filled in the blanks, until we realized we had had VERY SIMILAR dreams. In both of our dreams we were alone on a street where there was commotion and gunfire, like some sort of political unrest or war. We were darting through the street trying to avoid gunfire. In BOTH of our dreams there was a handgun lying in the street. In my dream, a guy ran past and picked it up. In his dream, HE picked it up. He was going to use it for self defense but then realized someone had seen him pick it up, so he fell to the ground and pretended to have been shot. In both dreams there were many airplanes flying above with at least one crashing. In both dreams most of the people in the streets were Asian, leading me to believe I was in an Asian country. His dream ended by the sound of the alarm clock, while he was still lying in the street in the dream. I was awoken by the alarm too, but in my dream I had made my way down to the waterfront and waded along the water's edge where I felt safer. I disovered a boat where there were a couple of families who turned out to be the families of my younger brother's friends. After they welcomed me on the boat I noticed a group photo on the mantle and in it was my botfriend. Seeing him in the photo made me feel peaceful. I woke up shortly thereafter.

This is a LONG detailed description of our two dreams but the main question I have is about how common it is to have the same or similar dream as someone close to you. We had not just watched a movie with this theme together or anything like that. The subject matter was very much unexplainable based on real occurrences. I plan to dig up the meaning of the individual elements of the dream too, but if anyone has any feedback about any of this, it would be great. This left both of us very mystified!

Hi,
    It is very common for two people to dream the same.It is like sending the same message to a few people.
    To have a gun means receiving some power and dignity.
    Being shot means receiving a bitter news.
    Being killed ( If it was ) means having a long life.
    Being at the beach or shore means achieving a wish.
    Good luck.

RobiNicolEstes Guest

Default this same thing totally happened to me!!!!

i have this really good friend and we act just alike and i feel like I've known him my whole life and its the weirdest friendship I've ever had but anyway we had the exact same dream! it really spooked me out because that morning I woke up crying after i had it and he said he had tears in his eyes. in zaks dream i introduced him to my dad and then started crying and we were at this blue swamp house. in my dream my dad came to a swamp house and said something to me and i started crying but i dont remember zak being in the dream but usually zak will be like standing right next to me and i wont even realize hes there it kind of had that feeling. it was a weird dream anyway and even weirder that zak would dream about my dad when hes never even heard me talk about him or seen him or anything. but i was trying to figure out why that happens its insane!!! its kinda weird commenting you but i could really relate and makes me feel good to kno we weren't the only ppl to do that im glad i got that off my chest lol Bye!

blueyedbecca4 Guest

Default omg me too!

similar thing happened to me

ZMe and this guy i have a crush on had the exact same dream. It was about us being at school and he had his arm wrapped around me.
    We are both very confused, can anyone help me please?

Quote Originally Posted by zengurl View Post
    My boyfriend and I woke up this morning and told each other about the vivid dream we had each just had. As one of us started, the other picked up and filled in the blanks, until we realized we had had VERY SIMILAR dreams. In both of our dreams we were alone on a street where there was commotion and gunfire, like some sort of political unrest or war. We were darting through the street trying to avoid gunfire. In BOTH of our dreams there was a handgun lying in the street. In my dream, a guy ran past and picked it up. In his dream, HE picked it up. He was going to use it for self defense but then realized someone had seen him pick it up, so he fell to the ground and pretended to have been shot. In both dreams there were many airplanes flying above with at least one crashing. In both dreams most of the people in the streets were Asian, leading me to believe I was in an Asian country. His dream ended by the sound of the alarm clock, while he was still lying in the street in the dream. I was awoken by the alarm too, but in my dream I had made my way down to the waterfront and waded along the water's edge where I felt safer. I disovered a boat where there were a couple of families who turned out to be the families of my younger brother's friends. After they welcomed me on the boat I noticed a group photo on the mantle and in it was my botfriend. Seeing him in the photo made me feel peaceful. I woke up shortly thereafter.

This is a LONG detailed description of our two dreams but the main question I have is about how common it is to have the same or similar dream as someone close to you. We had not just watched a movie with this theme together or anything like that. The subject matter was very much unexplainable based on real occurrences. I plan to dig up the meaning of the individual elements of the dream too, but if anyone has any feedback about any of this, it would be great. This left both of us very mystified!
    Hi,
    Many dreams are caused by the food you eat before going to bed. My guess is that you had some spicy or greasy fast food before you went to sleep.
    The dreams indicate heartburn. Indigestion causes a long involved dream with strong storylines to take your mind of the discomfort it causes.
    The gunfire and the planes crashing indicate that you were both restless in bed. The dream also gives a subtle hint of what sort of food you ate:
    In both dreams most of the people in the streets were Asian, leading me to believe I was in an Asian country.
    Curries or hot chillies!. However hearing the alarm clock alters your dream straightaway; into a more moderate waking dream.
    Cheers Wolfjk
    Dreaming is a vital function of life

Raidenv Guest

Default Dream sharing

today i just had a dream at my highschool it was very clear. i saw this i girl i no waiting in line and sed ' ithink i can dream the future ' she looked at me really weird and sed something which i 4get. i then say ' when you wake up rember this dream we may have had the same dream. she then starts becoming faint with out lines and her eyes closed then she becomes solid and real then i wake up. oh yaa and i wass try to keep my other friend from kissing a really ugly girl.
    when i lost him because there was many people at the school some who i know some who are new to me i sed 'dammit'.

sailrmc Guest

Hello zengurl,
    Having common dreams happens most often between two people (or more), who are quite close, between people who experience a common event or common emotions (usually causes by interaction between them).

The element that brings all of this commonality together in your dreams is referred to as Universal Symbolism. Let me explain...It is because we are of the same species, and our brains are wired much alike that we experience same dreams, if we experience the same event or emotions as others in our midst (especially those close to us).

Example...Lets say that a couple have decided to buy a house. They have looked and selected one and are in reality ready to close on the loan for the house. This can be a rather stressful time. Both are thinking about long term commitments of the mortgage. In reality, many similar waking life thoughts have crossed their minds. Thoughts like, will I be able to advance in my job so as to make my payment easier...Will I be able to keep a good job for the term of the loan...AND how about questions about the relationship. Sure things are good now but there will be times that perhaps things might be stressed between us.
    You see, both people in the relationship are thinking about similar things. The bottom line is that the subconscious mind scripts, casts, and produces presentations (called dreams) using the Universal Symbolism. If you Google Carl Jung, universal symbolism you will get specific information on this.

Back to the couple buying the house....
    The night before the mortgage closing they have similar dreams because they have experienced the same things. The subconscious mind uses basic symbolic role players, and scenery to represent events, fears and emotions that it feels that we must acknowledge or deal with. It scripts the dream and it comes out much the same as others who have experienced the same event or emotions.

As far as your specific dream is concerned. Due to the way it is written it is a bit difficult for and outsider like me to determine who did what to whom but I can tell both your dreams are about your relationship. In some way you both have experienced a situation in which feelings and emotions were in jeopardy of being hurt or damaged. Now this could have been a fight between the both of you or it could well be that someone else has ridiculed.
    You recognize that your bf was just faking his being shot (symbolizing the fact that someone had fired a shot to his ego and he led on to act as if he was crushed by the innuendo. The gun had been there and either of you could have grabbed it but it was him...and the way your dream is explained it was he that picked up the gun and is seemed to be a defensive tactic. In reality perhaps someone said something and he defended himself. He was hurt by the shot he suffered to his ego but his wound apparently was not bad.
    The fact that you returned to the rivers edge shows a return by you to your own path of life (if even for a moment in real life) you had time to yourself, time to be with yourself without your bf and that was comforting to you.

The dream shows that perhaps a conversation was entered into in waking life and the result was that you needed time to yourself and felt good about that. There was separation (even if just emotionally) and you felt at peace to be able to return to your inner sanctum and your own identity(again, even if just for a moment).

Now, if I am off in my interpretation will will know it instantly, but the good news is that some aspects of it are correct and you should be able to find your personal meaning that will allow you knowledge of the message that was being delivered to both of you through universal symbolism (and brought more precisely in focus through personal symbolism that you both identify with.
    One other factor to consider is the Asian aspect...
    If you are Asian then your dream shows that this is about you BUT if either of you are not Asian it shows that your dream is brought to you by an unconscious thought that to that point you had not been fully aware of. The dream was based on unconscious thoughts or acknowledgments, in which case would show that a return to self is needed...time alone is important to you...it is needed but such a request could hurt your partners feelings. Perhaps he fired back with a phrase or innuendo that showed you he was hurt by the request for separation.

Dreams are written for the dreamer and outsiders like me can only put the symbols together and consider the context in which they appeared in your dream as a method of interpreting this dream that was written by your subconscious. Again, the good news is that you should be able to overlay what I have said to recent events in your life and find meaning. You will likely have to revise things that I have written through my own perspective and see them as you see them (using your own meaning).
    Still you should get a meaning representation...
    I can say without a doubt that you dream is about something that you both experienced...be it a common thought, a realization, an awareness or even a confrontation by words. Both of your subconscious mind thought enough of it's importance to comment to you both...in the same night.

I have see this common dream aspect many times, both in my own situation as well as those of my dreamers. I can say with certainty that you experienced an emotional low in your relationship and now it looks as if your bf was symbolically shot down (in a manner of speaking). You do realize that he will be ok and that is a thought that brings you peace.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated...good or bad.
    Regards,
    sailrmc

love_music Guest

hi! i've got the same "problem"..we watch the same dreams with a friend of mine.. MANY TIMES!!!! it's true that it may be because we have the same interests,our characters are quite similar, but the dreams that are the same have nothing to do with our common interests.. they may be about school, about a tv programme, even about completely weird things!!!!!!! e.t.c..
    also, with this person, we know each other for 10 years and in these years , hundreds of "coincidences" happened to us.. so we can't say that they are simple coincidences.. it is something more, i'm sure about it... i'm just trying to find what excactly is.... is it telepathy??:confused:

if you know something please help !:confused:

sailrmc Guest

You only think that they do not have do do with common aspects of your persona. When a dream takes place in a school setting... the dream is most likely saying here is something, I , your subconscious mind, is about to teach you. TV programs are typically about watching a presentation scripted by the subconscious mind, that is meant to capture your attention, but most importantly it is meant to give you a better perspective of something that is going on in your life.
    You see... you will not know if your dreams are about something similar until they are independently evaluated for meaning.

I could write for a long while about this but this is not the proper forum to state the ways that each and every mind adapt to discussion about a same subject.

Sailrmc

fictionDream Guest

Default Read This !

I just signed up in this forum because i want to share with u what just happend to me 1 hour a go.I am from Austria and my english it's not so good but i will try to tell you guys the scariest moment of my life..I was layieng in bed with my girlfriend and she went to sleep before me cauze i was watching a movie on my laptop..after an hour or so..i feelt a sleep.I was watching a Dream,in that dream i was somewere very dark..some kinde of dark house,and i was there with a girl that i couldent see her face and there with me was my girlfriend..the girl that i dident know was pulling me by the hand and was telling me " LET'S MAKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND JELOUSE " and so she took me to another room with big windows.From the inside the room i could see my girlfriend looking for me..What happend next freaked me the fcuk out..My girlfriend woke me up from sleep by rolling me of the bad and sead " DO U THINK I'M JOKING " She woke me up for real not in the dream !!!! I was trying to pull my self together and trying to make sense what was real and a dream...i'm still shaking cauze my girlfriend was so pissed off..like that dream was real life..And how in the fcuk can this happend??When i asked her sweety what's wrong she couldent reply...she sead " I DONT KNOW..I JUST HAD TO WAKE U UP AND TELL U THIS.. " What scared me the most is the way she pulled my body from one side to the bed and rolled me to the other side and she was furious mad and frustrated..and as soon as she told me that...she was calm like nothing happend !! dude..someone tell me what the **** is going on pls !!