Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default I saw a heroin addict in my dream

so i was somewhere and there was this person, i couldn't tell if it was a male or female, it was drugged up and supposedly the dream told me it was a heroin addict, and it was a terrible sight

WTH? why would i dream such thing, it's disturbing

Default Re: I saw a heroin addict in my dream

Why do you refer to the person as "it"? Would he/she not be more appropriate usage if you don't know this dream character's gender?

I agree with Chook but in dreams people can appear more as "its," like when there is something terribly nonhuman about them or when they seem like more of a sexually ambiguous presence rather than an individual. That's how I took it anyway.

But we would need way more details about the dream to make any sense of it. Like where was this person/it? Why couldn't you tell the person's gender? What was the interaction with the person? Was it terrible like you pitied the person/it or like you were terrified of it or like it nauseated you or what? And do you have any experience or recent observation (like in the news) of heroine addicts? Or did you eat a poppyseed muffin before you went to bed? (Poppies are what opiates derive from, and heroine is an opiate). Like what is your experience of heroine or opiates?
    "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
    "Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears" -- Edgar Allan Poe (both)

sorry for using the word it, i typed it because i did not want to take extra time to write he/she

It surely didn't seem human to me in the dream, i have no idea where i was, only that the person was so messed up and standing near me. I was not scared, i did not pity them, the sight was just so un-nerving....The existence spoke of extreme dread that words can never even describe.

now that i think back, they weren't necessarliy on the drug, but they showed signs of it.

what is my opinion on opiates? i have no opinion on it, people say it's addicting, users say it's very difficult to quit using, they derive euphoria from it.
    I have taken prescription pain meds before and i got a warm flushing feeling of wellness and euphoria, and i obviously told myself "This can easily turn into a bad habit" so i just stopped taking them.

then again isn't everything in life addicting

sigh my dreams are just always weird
    Last edited by nite24; 10-12-2011 at 01:09 AM.

Hey Nite, no worries and sorry about getting funny about it! Lol. It is interesting this dream really, because the whole heroin scene is really like that. There is so much stigma around the use of this drug that people who use it can get very isolated from the real world and their family and friends. Due to the fact that there is no government control on the sale, quality or strength of this drug whatsoever and because it is such an addictive drug, people who get hooked on it basically become controlled by the criminals that sell it to them. Their health and wellbeing is at the mercy of the black market and the only objective of the black market is to exploit and make money. (So too the objective of the completely free market). So it is no wonder that many become unrecognisable, a shell of their former selves, as your dream pointed out.

I have a bit of a different perspective when it comes to the whole heroin scene so might be off the mark here, but I'd say the dream is telling you not to become isolated from your family and your old friends. (Or don't let anyone, or anything, overly control your life.)
    Last edited by Chook; 10-12-2011 at 07:44 AM.

still don't understand this dream