Thread: Apartment dream

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Apartment dream

Two nights ago, I dreamt that I was in a very dark apartment(maybe one or two lamps were on). It felt like I was in a big city-maybe New York? In waking life, I have never been in this place. It had a small galley kitchen, lots of books on the shelves, furniture, a staircase(which I didn't go up), but it was just dark. I remember looking outside to snow falling, lots of trees(maybe looking out to Central Park), and a massive car pile up like the Jenga game(one on top of each other). Yet, everything was calm. There was a massive skyscraper that was a mix of the Sears Tower in Chicago and the Chrysler Building in NYC. I felt safe and calm inside this apartment.

Any thoughts?

Default Re: Apartment dream

Any thoughts? Would like to know any interpretations...

Dear frenchADG082: Welcome back to Dreamcentral. I have been looking at your dream for a couple of days now and I think its expressing the demensional shift expected to happen around Dec 2l, 2012. That is although things seem out of the ordinary, such as the vechile pile up, you had a great sense of peace about yourself. That would come from the higher vibrational rate our earth is suppossed to enter on or about that time. Best regards, Bob

Do you have any info on this dimensional shift-what does that mean? You mean the whole end of time thing expected in 2012?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Shut up. No one thinks you are anyone, particularly based on your picture, which only suggests, and it hurts me to admit we could be related, that you might have carnivorous instincts, and that you might be making fun of people who dream, because if you are, as bad as I feel for your red cheeked profile, you sleep as a destitute organism. So while you focus on your process of wasting away, those June buggies of bone-pickers will jump your eyelids, crawl over your skull and spew out all that disgusts them, which, with your brain, is probably most.
    "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
    "Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears" -- Edgar Allan Poe (both)

I'm just asking for help with a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Shut up. No one thinks you are anyone, particularly based on your picture, which only suggests, and it hurts me to admit we could be related, that you might have carnivorous instincts, and that you might be making fun of people who dream, because if you are, as bad as I feel for your red cheeked profile, you sleep as a destitute organism. So while you focus on your process of wasting away, those June buggies of bone-pickers will jump your eyelids, crawl over your skull and spew out all that disgusts them, which, with your brain, is probably most.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Wow. I did not write that response above. I swear to God. I don't know anyone that could have my password or who would have done that, but I swear it was not me and I'm sorry that it was written. It doesn't even make sense to me really what it means, and I don't have internet at home and at 2am I would have definitely been sleeping. Again, I'm sorry that it was written and I don't know who would have been able to do it, but it wasn't me. :butvcftkick:

----------

After whatever caused that idiot response to your dream under my name, unfortunate for you and me and anyone who might have read it, I feel obligated to try to offer a thoughtful interpretation of your dream, just so you see that I'm actually a decent, considerate person, and I would never write such foolishness.

So I'm trying to picture it... Whenever a place (like a house, a yard, some landscape, a vehicle, any sort of environment) seems like a central aspect of a dream I take it as a representation of our psyche. For instance, I twice dreamt of a house that was completely unknown to me, but it was identical in both dreams, and the dreams consisted of moving through the house sort of exploring, but nervously. I dreamt of the place once when I was a young child (probably between 6 and 10) and then not again until I was in my early 20's. But the house was absolutely identical, and in the second dream I remembered being there in the first. So I take it as, when the place is somewhere that pops up in dreams more than once, it is some consistent aspect of your soul or personality, and if it's just a one time dream of the place (like dreaming of driving a junk car, and then a few years later you're in a monster truck or something like that), it represents more a phase of your life that is just temporary.

So if I were to have dreamt this dream, I would take it to mean that right now my life is a bit dark (either unexamined, like you are not real familiar with your real self, or maybe more literally dark, as in confusion and such). The stairway that you don't take is like suggesting that there are higher levels to your mind but you're not looking at them, prefering to stay in the calm. Did you feel one way or another about the stairs? Like did they scare you or seem unsafe or anything specific? That is probably an important point. The shelves of books also seem to indicate a lot of unexplored material laying there waiting for you to find it and study it and know it about yourself. Looking out on an unfamiliar city, with all of the trees (which I would take to symbolize something out of place, like something foreign or something that doesn't seem right, because they're in this large city), and the car pile up (which is usually an anxious, tragic sight)... But that you remain calm in seeing all of this might mean that something going on in your deeper life, like the area of life that feels heavier than most to you, is a bit broken from reality. I don't know, but I am guessing it has something to do with you not going up the stairs. The stairway up is like an invitation to raise your level of thinking, like meditate sincerely and be prepared to have to analyze some potentially difficult issues. A stairway downward usually would mean something like an invitation to head down into the core emotional world of our animal, or primitive nature, like the thick and dangerous and highly active moods and feelings, like a violent swinging wind or storm inside our soul, maybe when something is going on that you feel torn or crazy about. But you are staying on the even level, like rather than exploring yourself you would rather stick to a conventional you that gets along fine with people and doesn't like confrontation or turmoil. But because you are witnessing these things that aren't quite right, it might be time to take some time for yourself and do some serious wondering or searching for what the you that is under your skin is really all about. That's just my guess though. I would suggest finding a good batch of mushrooms and go explore some forest or desert or wilderness area. That is usually the best medicine, honestly. I'm sorry again, very much, for the foolish crap that was written. I wish I knew how that happened or who could've done that. Take care and good luck with your dreaming. Let me know if I'm anywhere near close with my guesses, and if you would, could you change your negative feedback on that one above? It honest to God was not me. Thanks :)
    "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
    "Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears" -- Edgar Allan Poe (both)

Wow, thanks for the interpretation and I appreciate the apology--it was quite weird for me to read that and didn't seem right:)
    Yeah, I recently moved to a new city for graduate school, and it's the first time to live somewhere else than where I was raised. I'm changing on the outside(new hair style, better clothes, exercising), but I am trying to figure out who I am as a 28 almost 29 year old single female. Where to go for a job, what to do with the degree that I am studying, how to handle my family back home(my parental relationship is rather bizarre), and how to find friends here in the new city. It's a lot and I don't think I've totally processed everything. It's all about moving forward for me, reaching deadlines, finishing homework, and trying to be happy. I need to re read your reply a few times and think it over.

Thanks again and see you around...

----------

Also, the stair case aspect of the dream didn't feel scary--it was just "oh, there is a pretty hardwood staircase in my dream that just appeared out of nowhere." But, the symbolism makes sense though.