Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Exclamation Dream changing my whole view on things

so im new to being a bhuddist and i was reading up on all the things on how to be mindful but i found it hard to focus enough so i took a nap while i was in a completely mindful state (and had been for about an hour) this is the only dream i've been able to remember in years it started with me and all the people from my old school who i havent seen in at least a year (im joining most of them in school tomorrow its gonna be the first day of the year) and we were all getting on a plane, as we got on there was tons of turbulance and one girl was being really mean for no reason, cant quite remember how but she was basically being a bitch... other then that there was this 1 other girl that was quiet and realy stood out... i know who she is but never really talked to her, she was quiet through the entire dream but really stood out, (this girl has reminded me of the girl that i love for some reason (in real life)) i think that could have something to do with it? but anyway as we got on there was tons of turbulance and i was looking out the window at the plane taking off, it all seemed so bumpy but through it all i kept noticing this girl sitting across from me... i saw the ground moving around me and i could feel the plane shifting directions but then i suddenly woke up... can anyone tell me what this dream meant... i woke up feeling so different

Default Re: Dream changing my whole view on things

Dear Slasher; Welcome to Dreamcentral. I think the dream was trying to draw your attention to the fact througout our lives we can be attracted to several people and thats just fine. Its interesting that when you woke up you felt completely different almost as if you had entered other demensional space. I think in that regards you are somewhat correct there is indded a demensional shift on the approach and thats exactly what the Dec 21, 2012 date is all about. Best regards, Bob

well thx yea i think thats part of it... but im still not sure what the plane or turbulence means... or why i feel so different? its almost like my mind has gone quiet... everything looks sounds and feels different... walking feels lighter... and i have completely no stresses at all??

ooh and i thought the plane was flying too low when it was taking off but someone told me it was right where it was supposed to be if that means anything?

I think any type of vehicle in a dream, whether it is a bike or a plane or whatever, symbolizes your mode of being at the moment as you travel through your life. For instance a rusty car would mean that your life is pretty beat down, or a large ship might mean that you're traveling through some emotional situations (turbulent or calm; water is representative of emotion or depth/the unconscious). A plane, in this view, might suggest that you are moving at a high speed (in a mental or psychological sense) and that you are a little ungrounded (which is normal when someone is exploring a new territory, such as Buddhism). The turbulence is just the instability of where you are at with this spiritual development, or spiritual phase in your life. It will smooth out though. This is typical of what people go through at your age (I'm assuming you're in high school).

As for the girls, you might look up what Carl Jung thought about the "Anima" figure. Basically, it's the imprint that guys have of "female", or like your deep internal definition of the idea of "female," only translated into an image, never in words. It's the imprint of this that we carry in our soul (women have an animus, which is the same only the image is of a male) It comes as both a positive, helpful figure, like tinkerbell, and as a negative, dangerous figure, like medusa or a wicked witch. It seems like the two girls in the dream might be the different aspects of your anima. This anima figure represents all of the feminine aspects of your personality, which every male has whether they are hidden or expressed. If you want to know more about it either look it up online or check out the book "Man and His Symbols" by Jung.

In terms of the "you're exactly where you should be" idea, I think that is one of the deepest, most essential lessons of Buddhism and Taoism. If you haven't found him yet, find a copy of anything Alan Watts has written. He translated Oriental religions into a format that is by far the clearest for "Western" minded individuals to comprehend. You won't be disappointed in him. He's extremely entertaining. Maybe look for the book just called "The Book". Good luck.
    "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
    "Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears" -- Edgar Allan Poe (both)