Thread: dream question

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Question dream question

is it possible to continue a dream you had before?

Default Re: dream question

Yep, it is definitely possible. I don't think most people can do this though. I think this phenomenon is related to lucid dreaming, where you are aware of the fact that you are dreaming and you are able to control the dream. You might want to do some personal research on this topic.

I'm not sure what it is all about, but it's definitely possible. I'm not familiar enough with "lucid" dreaming to remark on whether that's always the case. My understanding is it's just when you're aware of yourself in the dream, and you're able to guide it along. I'm really not sure though.

But I'm not sure what sort of continuance of the dream you mean. Was it like you went back to sleep and continued in the same dream you were having? Or how long had it been between dreams? And did they occur in a series like fashion, where if they were movies you could label them "1", "2", etc? I'm asking because I often have dreams that occur in the same dream landscapes or settings as other dreams, and I associate these dream-places with actual places, though they have little in common actually. I might have had a dozen dreams in my life or more that all happened in the same make-believe setting, and I think these all must be a sort of continuation of some kind. But I've also had a couple of dreams, many years apart, of actually returning to a dream place as a very distinct, older age. Like I was a child in the place the first time, and it meant one thing, and then I was 25 and had come back to the place the second time and it was like I was exploring it from that point of view, remembering having been there. I think the two types of continuance mean somewhat different things.

The first type is all about landscape, I think, and what that landscape represents, while the second type is more about perspective and how a certain landscape evolves in your imagination. I hope this helps. More details would definitely make your experience easier to clarify its meaning. Good luck.
    "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
    "Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears" -- Edgar Allan Poe (both)

This is possible. I have done this and it actually wasn't that hard to do. As I laid in bed I just kept repeating everything I remembered over and over in the dream until I fell asleep. I ended up continuing the dream where I left off and managed to do this again the next night.