Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Smile My dream about a demon

My dream started with me sitting at a table looking out of a window. I could see a road and on the other side of it were some tall trees and bushes. It was well kept though so I got the impression it was a park or a public area for people to go walking or that sort of thing.

As I was sitting there I saw a black misty figure start to form under one of the trees. It started to float in my direction. The entity crossed the street and was traveling directly towards me. My heart started to beat so hard and an extreme fear crept over my whole body.

The figure came straight to me and entered into my body. Nothing I could do would stop it. I screamed for God to help me. The immense energy from this entity was demonic and evil. It wanted to take my body and it wanted me to submit to it. I didn't though. I kept saying God please help me as loud as I could. After several moments the entity disappeared.

Unfortunately this was not the end of my dream. I witnessed myself having to face this entity on a daily basis in my dream. It was as if every day this "thing" would find me wherever I was. It always did the same thing as well. It started to form a short distance in front of me and then it would head straight towards me. When it reached me it I could feel a war going on inside my body. It physically hurt. I had to fight it and force it to leave me every time. It never seemed to get stronger but it was relentless.

Eventually I went to a Church for help even though I am not a Christian. I felt this entity was demonic and I did not know what else to do. The preacher at the first church I went to was unable to help. He told me that I simply needed to start going to church for the entity to leave me alone. This was not true though because it kept happening to me no matter who was around or where I was even in church.

Instead of giving up I went to another church. I told the preacher about my problem and his advice made more sense to me. He told me that instead of only asking for God's protection when I saw the entity to ask for it several times throughout the day and at night. He said that God could always help me but I had only been considering God when the entity was approaching me and the danger was immediate.

I explained to him that I was not a Christian but I used to be. Whenever I saw this demon coming towards me my first immediate thought was to ask God to defend me. I was defenseless unless I had a higher power to call upon. This was 100% true because there were no words or actions I could use myself that worked unless I said "God, Please help Me". When I said those words the demon would get angry and leave.

I decided to go back to church that night to give my soul to Jesus once and for all. I felt it was the only thing that would protect me for good. As I was walking down the street to the church all of the street lights went out. Directly in front of me appeared an actual demon and not just misty figure. It had a human shape, a disfigured face, fangs and darkened wings which allowed it to fly.

The demon flew on top of the power lines and was laughing at me. I had my Bible with me and I started to read it out loud. I was so terrified it was the only thing I could do. I could see the church ahead of me but I could not move my body. It was either the fear or the demon which was not allowing my feet to move.

I stood there in the darkness trying to read the words on the pages. The demon flew directly towards me landing in front of my face. It tried to get me to stop reading by laughing and taunting me. I didn't stop though. I just kept reading. The more I read the more it angered the demon. Eventually my feet could move again and I ran into the church.

I told the preacher what happened. All of the church members started to pray for me. Then the lights in the church suddenly went out. The demon had followed me inside the church. The entire roof of the church collapsed. We were all running as fast as we could. When we got outside I looked back at the destruction. The demon was standing in front of the church heading towards me.

Instead of being afraid this time I was angry. This thing had just tried to kill the people who wanted to help me. I walked directly towards the demon and in a stern voice said "you have no control over my soul and you cannot have me". The demon laughed at me again but something about it had changed. It seemed less scary to me now because I had faced this thing more than once now.

I turned around and the preacher and other church members were standing directly behind me. For the first time someone else could actually see the demon. Before that moment no one could see it but me. Together we all prayed for God to destroy this evil entity. The preacher took my hand and I closed my eyes. When I opened them the demon was gone. Then I woke up.

Needless to say I didn't go back to sleep that night. Instead I stayed up wondering if I should become a Christian again or of this was just a really bad dream with no meaning. I am a spiritual person and have always believed Jesus was a real person. I have doubts about Christianity because many stories in the Bible, even Jesus himself, have many similarities to pagan beliefs before Christianity was ever around. I'm very conflicted because of this fact and cannot seem to get myself to become a Christian again. This dream was the scariest one I have had in a while. It's been on my mind all day. I need someone to tell me what they think about it.

Default Re: My dream about a demon

I've got some ideas, but they're conflicted because of how long and detailed the dream seems to be. Like a real life process or something. I've never heard of dreams carrying on in a linear way like that, like how you go from church to church and remember the order of encounters you have.

Anyway, I agree with you regarding Christianity. I'm in the same boat. I'm firmly against certain aspects of it, mainly because it (and Islam) is the only religion that takes its myths to be historical fact. Even the Greeks, who were of a similar background, saw theirs as poetry and were able to enjoy them and play with them. Christians, in contrast, are a stern faced, inflexible, even scary bunch. Their beliefs alone could bring on an apocalypse. This is the opposite of what Jesus represented. He hung out with the lowest of the low and was probably among the most liberal people ever to live. So, looking at it realistically like this, I don't think the dream has as much to do with actual religion and going to church as it does with your idea of religion and your personal spiritual needs.

I think the demon is a threatening presence in your life. It's probably something that you can hardly stand to think about, like something that as soon as it comes to mind your pulse races and you try to shut it out. It's probably something that has become a bigger threat recently though, since you are just now dreaming of it. I don't even know what to give as an example because it could be anything. It could be anything you're afraid of, from something real life like an abusive relationship to a promotion at work that you are unsure of. It's definitely something that you feel threatens you spiritually though, so it should be something that you have a good idea what it is, in your own mind. It could even be something like an upcoming event that makes you nervous, or a new relationship.

Anyway, I think your dream-need to go to church represents your need for community. You need to find people who you can relate to, so that you can feel more spiritually grounded. (Sort of like what you did by discussing it here.) You obviously don't know where to turn with some of these spiritual worries and need to be able to speak honestly about them, and need to speak to people of like-mind so that you receive feedback that you are comfortable receiving. I think that'll make you feel much better about things. Good luck, and if you want to talk more about it or anything send me a "personal" or "private" message, or whatever they're called, at the top of the screen under "notifications". Good luck.
    "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
    "Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears" -- Edgar Allan Poe (both)

Hello, Firefly.

It looks like to me, that because of evil you had this dream. Cant have one without the other, truth and lies. Looks like your dream is sorting it out for you, maybe because you had enough life experiance for your mind to put this together. It is a very well known fact that in order to be a real saint, a real truth seeker after Gods own heart, that this is the very thing thats expected out of someone. To overcome the lies of the world by searching everywhere for the real salvation. In the dream your told that you should pray several times a day for help, but the real truth is its once in the morning, and once at night, and a lot of people do it that way. I also think that because it was incorect by the way he said it, that would be why the church fell in. We are supposed to go to each church and rule them out untill we can clearley see which one it is. With prayer and works together, answers come because your seeking the truth about scripture, and your seeking the truth in scripture because you dont trust your salvation to anyone.

Im going to tell you a secret not to many people ever knew, about pegan stuff thats like the gospel. The truth is, there are just plain bad people in the world, and they dont care for your salvation. They are just going to throw whatever they can out there to confuse everyone. This would be there way of getting back at people like me. So bear with me a little while i explain what really happens.

Back when God created Adam and Eave, he gave them both individual personalitys, not the same. He created Adam with his own emotional pattern, and its that basic personality thats passed down through the generations. What makes us different from one another is our choices, because of the body we get, to keep stress low, and our personal preferances, and some because of our specialty in life, but for the most part our perpose is to procreate life, thats what God had in mind with the differance in personality between Adam and Eave. So this was forgotten and lost, and the bible a mystery to most.

God said he knows the hearts of men, and with that said, its because of purpose. That is if a person chooses to procreat, a man believing a women should just know him and be like him, is greatley mistaken. Doomed to failure, and the same for a man who believes everyone has a unique personality, is doomed to failure. If you take a man from New York, and a man from Washington, that are both thirty five years old, married to a younger wife, has a son of ten years old, and a doughter of eight years old, they will have the same exact problems, the children will do the very same things, and so will the wife. If they should decide to go into a group for drunks and talk their problems out honestly, they will come to the same conclusion i did, because of the war between truth and lies do we find out our personalitys are the same. So anyone with the same purpose in life, will eventually find the same truth.

So God knowing a good heart, who seeks him out for the answers to salvation, will duplicate the words in the bible. I said will duplicat it within their own life and the answers to the meaning, because they are the ones being honest to themselves, and wanting to know if God is there, and if salvation is needed. Through their own lives they will live each story, by what they are doing, being placed in the story as a reward, and example to others to follow. This took place between Cain and Able, but Cain didnt know it was a example, intead he thought it was a competition, and became angry when he lost. We know Able was seeking his salvation because he Got it right. Not like John at the river when he thought Jesus should do the baptizing, Jesus God it right and became the example to follow. Its very doubtfull that others from all over lived the bible as i did, its more likley they just made up people who did that. I remember finding things in the bible and recognizing them as what took place with me, so no bible reqired for me. But it does take certain people to keep the rest inline, because without them it all runs in different directions. Plus i know the duplication by example doesnt require a sacrafice, it comes out about Jesus realizing how it is to live without God. Two different sides looking at eachother.

Hope that helped.
    Peace and love in Jesus.
    Last edited by holydiver; 08-25-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Hmm.. its not the chruch that makes a place holy, it is the spirit. The churches (leaders) can be wrong as you see them.
    So I take the dream is saying not all churches are in line with what your thinking, but you see people who are.
    The Church that blows up could mean that it is not a sound church (leaders) to the way your mind see it.
    It seems to me the Demon is the darkness that you have in you or around you, as the lights go out in your dreams when you walk towards the church.
    As God and faith have to go hand and hand, which you seem not to be able to grasp, but only run to when you get scared.
    If you know (believe) God is with you than you have nothing to fear, as truth and God is light. As we all as humans create shadows,
    and therefore some people have darkness in side them that they hide... (I take the dream as trying to grasp your religion)

Quote Originally Posted by holydiver View Post
    Hello, Firefly.

It looks like to me, that because of evil you had this dream. Cant have one without the other, truth and lies. Looks like your dream is sorting it out for you, maybe because you had enough life experiance for your mind to put this together. It is a very well known fact that in order to be a real saint, a real truth seeker after Gods own heart, that this is the very thing thats expected out of someone. To overcome the lies of the world by searching everywhere for the real salvation. In the dream your told that you should pray several times a day for help, but the real truth is its once in the morning, and once at night, and a lot of people do it that way. I also think that because it was incorect by the way he said it, that would be why the church fell in. We are supposed to go to each church and rule them out untill we can clearley see which one it is. With prayer and works together, answers come because your seeking the truth about scripture, and your seeking the truth in scripture because you dont trust your salvation to anyone.

Im going to tell you a secret not to many people ever knew, about pegan stuff thats like the gospel. The truth is, there are just plain bad people in the world, and they dont care for your salvation. They are just going to throw whatever they can out there to confuse everyone. This would be there way of getting back at people like me. So bear with me a little while i explain what really happens.

Back when God created Adam and Eave, he gave them both individual personalitys, not the same. He created Adam with his own emotional pattern, and its that basic personality thats passed down through the generations. What makes us different from one another is our choices, because of the body we get, to keep stress low, and our personal preferances, and some because of our specialty in life, but for the most part our perpose is to procreate life, thats what God had in mind with the differance in personality between Adam and Eave. So this was forgotten and lost, and the bible a mystery to most.

God said he knows the hearts of men, and with that said, its because of purpose. That is if a person chooses to procreat, a man believing a women should just know him and be like him, is greatley mistaken. Doomed to failure, and the same for a man who believes everyone has a unique personality, is doomed to failure. If you take a man from New York, and a man from Washington, that are both thirty five years old, married to a younger wife, has a son of ten years old, and a doughter of eight years old, they will have the same exact problems, the children will do the very same things, and so will the wife. If they should decide to go into a group for drunks and talk their problems out honestly, they will come to the same conclusion i did, because of the war between truth and lies do we find out our personalitys are the same. So anyone with the same purpose in life, will eventually find the same truth.

So God knowing a good heart, who seeks him out for the answers to salvation, will duplicate the words in the bible. I said will duplicat it within their own life and the answers to the meaning, because they are the ones being honest to themselves, and wanting to know if God is there, and if salvation is needed. Through their own lives they will live each story, by what they are doing, being placed in the story as a reward, and example to others to follow. This took place between Cain and Able, but Cain didnt know it was a example, intead he thought it was a competition, and became angry when he lost. We know Able was seeking his salvation because he Got it right. Not like John at the river when he thought Jesus should do the baptizing, Jesus God it right and became the example to follow. Its very doubtfull that others from all over lived the bible as i did, its more likley they just made up people who did that. I remember finding things in the bible and recognizing them as what took place with me, so no bible reqired for me. But it does take certain people to keep the rest inline, because without them it all runs in different directions. Plus i know the duplication by example doesnt require a sacrafice, it comes out about Jesus realizing how it is to live without God. Two different sides looking at eachother.

Hope that helped.
    Peace and love in Jesus.
    This wasn't my dream... Look above my post, there is one more up there. I was responding. And I prefer to stick with the logic of the Buddha, that there should be as many religions as there are people, because everyone approaches God, or whatever you call It, in their own, idiosyncratic way. Christianity and Islam have inspired far more violence than good, believing that everything "other" is evil or bad. And that is nonsense. I believe in and trust in Jesus. Not Paul. Not any other eventual Christian thinker, because their ideas became polluted. We are to judge something by its fruit, right? The fruit that I see Christianity producing, for the most part (and I know there is a lot of good as well, and certainly good intentions), is nothing close to being holy.
    "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
    "Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears" -- Edgar Allan Poe (both)