View Poll Results: Have you ever had a dream where a loved one became critically hurt

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

1 50.00%
  • no

1 50.00%

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Thumbs down Watched my daughter get hit by car while totally helpless

HAD THIS DREAM LIKE LAST MONTH triiiipY AND MADE ME WE WAKE IN TEARS !!!

i WAS AT MY COUSINS HOUSE WITH MY CHILDREN THEY WERENT THERE CURRENT AGES OF 14 AND 12 THEY WERE YOUNG LIKE 4 AND 2, (DONT KNOW WHY ).
    WHEN I WAS READY TO GO HOME AND ASKED MY COUSIN FOR A RIDE HE TOLD ME TO TAKE HIS TRUCK *2ND VEHICLE* CAUSE HE DIDNT WANT TO TAKE ME , I TOLD HIM THAT I DIDNT WANT TO DRIVE CAUSE I HAD BEEN DRINKING ( I WASNT EVEN TIPSY I JUST DIDNT WANT TO HAVE TO BRING IT BACK AND I WASNT IN THE MOOD FOR TRAFFIC JAMS)
    JUST AS I WAS TRYING TO TALK HIM INTO THE RIDE HIS EVILLL FIANCE WHO LOVES TO NAG ABOUT EVERYTHING CHIMED IN SAYING " DONT LET HER TAKE THE TRUCK WATS WRONG WITH YOU !!
    SO I IMMEDIATELY JUMPED ON DEFENSE TELLING HER THAT IF HE WANTED TO LET ME USE THE CAR HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO .. mY CHILDREN RUN TO THE DRIVEWAY AS I STAGGER TOWARDS THE DOOR TRYING TO PROVE MY SOBRIETY i BEGAN STUMBLING LIKE A LUSH AS I AM ALMOST AT THE DOOR I HEAR A WILD SCREECHING NOISE OUTSIDE. mY KIDS ARE IN THE DRIVEWAY STANDING IN FRONT OF THEIR TWO PARKED CARS. THIS WILD WOMAN DRIVES UP AND MY COUSINS FIANCE YELLS HEY TO HER .
    i HAVE GOTTEN OUT OF THE FRONT DOOR BUT THERE IS AN ENCLOSED STEEL GATE AND BARS AROUND THE PORCH
    MY COUSINS FIANCE YELLS FOR THE BAD DRIVER TO PULL OVER AND PARK . IT SEEMS THAT INSTEAD OF PRESSING THE BRAKE SHE STOMPS ON THE GAS!! SHE RAMS STRAIGHT INTO MY DAUGHTER!! MY SON RUNS OUT OF THE WAY !! MY DAUGHTER IS WEDGED BETWEEN BOTH CARS AND THE GIRL IS STILL ON THE GAS REVVING AND CRUSHING MY BABY . MY HEART BREAKS I CANT SAVE HER IN TIME. I CANT EVEN GET OUT OF THE PORCH GATE I WAKE UP IN TEARS ... any one got any ideas ? :drama:

Default Re: Watched my daughter get hit by car while totally helpless

CandiDreamz,

Since thisdream depicts your chilren at a much yonger age, I doubt it is showing you a literal image of any pending danger.

If this were my dream would then then consider that the people in this dream depict different aspects of yourself. Clearly, you are
    having an issue with your future sister-in-law, and it seems this dream is shedding some light on that relationship.

You describe a situation where you are not able to drive (take control), in fact you are impaired, so you need to rely on your brother for help.
    You have two children int he dream who are endangered, but the boy (representing your logical side?) manages to stay free, but the girl
    (your emotional side?) is being crushed.

The steel bars really set an important image depicted how trapped you feel about this situation . She is crushing you and you feeltrapped into simply watching it happen.

So how is this like your waking life? I suspect if you search your feelings about your future sister-in-law (or someone else close who reminds you of your future
    sister-in-law)you may find waking life situation that matches the dream images pretty closely.

The first step is in recognizing a problem, and that seems ot be what this dream is about. If you find the root of the anger and frustration that caused these images
    you'll probably be ready for a dream that will indicate how you can solve or at least cope with it. Be on t he lookout for it.

Good luck sorting through these images. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Yogi

Default Re: Watched my daughter get hit by car while totally helpless

Hey, I sort of like Yogi's response, or parts of it for sure. This dream definitely has that sickening chaotic feel that I hate to sort through when I have ones like it. I think the most significant aspects of it are 1) that you want to go home, 2)that you feel drunk and dependent on someone else for help to get there, and 3) whatever the tension is in the air (between yourself and the evil fiance), and made concrete by the iron bars confining you and the wild woman with her foot on the gas instead of the brake. I don't think it's too significant that one child dies and one doesn't, except that in a Freudian sense, maybe you on some level love or adore your son more deeply than your daughter, and therefore wouldn't be able to bear watching your son die in the dream. But watching them die doesn't mean a death wish or that they are literally in danger of dying or anything.

I think the wanting to get home is like wanting to stabilize your life, particularly where your children are concerned. Maybe at their ages there is a lot of chaos and you're not sure how to handle it, and that is why they appear younger, at an age where they are more controllable. Or maybe you feel you are losing them, or have lost them to some degree, and you're feeling that loss. You don't like not being able to take charge of it and you therefore resent when the fiance says you can't go.

I think the feeling drunk and dependent part is crucial. Is there any sort of substance abuse issue in your family that threatens your children, or hinders your relationship with them? If there is, I'd suggest addressing it somehow. If there isn't, it may just represent a thick type of confusion in which you feel completely stuck or lost. Whichever of the two (actual substance abuse, or the feeling of confusion) is obviously the biggest obstacle in your relationship with your children and your ability stabilize your relationship with them, I would guess.

The tension I sort of already explained I think. It's there to sort of add a panic to the situation. It's only a panic and an obstacle in your mind, I think, is the main point. The iron bars are confining you from doing anything to help your children, but you created them (the bars) and if you want to, you can take them down. It's just about refinding your independence as a person from your children, and beginning to see them as independent people rather than children. They're going to be people, and not children, one day regardless. And you said they're 12 and 14, which is the age where they start to grow away naturally. So just by realizing that, I think, releases the tension and the iron bars. Otherwise the wild woman in you will just keep punching the gas and crushing them, in a sense, while the deeper wiser you has to watch.
    "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
    "Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears" -- Edgar Allan Poe (both)