Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Terrifying Double Nightmare: Sorry, Long :(

Before I start I have a point to make. This is not my first account - my first account's email's password was lost too as the accounts name, so I had to start a new one, I'm really sorry if that has affected anything, also my sister has an account on here too, so if you haven't already noticed there have been three acounts on here, sorry.

Anyway lets start with the Nightmare. As a Christian, I have been brought up not to use "occult and magic", I don't use it but yesterday I went online, a little curious to see what tarot was like and I did a bit online. Tottaly regret that. So I asked my family if it was wrong, they said it was like inviting the devil, God would forgive me, If I asked for it. The same night my Nightmare came up:

I was home alone in bed, I suddenly wake up (in the dream) and there is this slight watermark of what I believe is called "The Eye of Horus" I think, everywhere I look. I walk towards my bathroom, and on the door there
    is another "watermark" of a pyramid , and the eye goes on top. Now, I know for a fact this is a satanic symbol! Now, I'm no believer of "pixies and monsters" and stuff like that, but I always had a feeling there are negative ghosts in my house.
    Anyway, I shout at them thinking its their fault. Suddenly I feel like I am all made out of air and I feel dizzy, and unable to walk well. It's like I'm on the moon, only I am not bouncing on the surface. So anyway I try to walk to to my room, when this witch appears. She has a box, a bit like my jewelry box's I keep, she opens it and shows me inside, its full of beautiful - cute little stuff, like ribbions and small cats. One is a tiny baby doll with blue eyes. She told me to send the eye of the baby to Walker Street (I have no idea where the hell that is).
    "Is this to do with the Satan" I say. But the witch tells me, which I am almost certain is a lie: "No its Christian". So then I go into my bed, but I can't walk normally , and I realise I can float and I started..flying I guess you could call it. Bouncing off walls, scared but excited. Then I got even more scared and wanted to come down but It was hard so I had to climb down, somehow, hooking onto things. Oh, and everything was upside down at that time. The bed was on the ceiling, and the tables. So then I litteraly woke up. Then I went back to sleep:
    I'm in my bed again, and I woke up (in my dream) again. I try to get up, but this force is pushing me backdown, I could sense there was some evil thing near me. So I pretend I am asleep to trick him. Then after a moment I twist my body somehow and run off, still struggling to walk.

Now, I know that was confusing but I have a feeling this is a message. Usually my dreams are boring, and stuff but this has really stick to me. I know it does not sound scary but I woke up in cold sweat. What could it mean? Is this to do with the tarot cards? And the whole "inviting the devil?"
    Thanks.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Terrifying Double Nightmare: Sorry, Long :(

I don't know where to start... do you have any experience with Egyptian mythology? Are you aware that all Christian ideas contradict themselves, which is why people who latch on to the label "christians" are so confused? Dreaming of "the eye of horus" has nothing to do with satan. Horus, if anything, is the Egyptian version of Jesus. He is the aspect of light, like a sun god who sees all. He's the potent, male aspect of the tao, the yin of the yin/yang relationship. The Buddha (Buddha and Jesus have a ton in common, only in different geographical regions, fyi) is supposed to have said that there should actually be as many religions as there are individuals. As in, each of should have our own unique "religion", or relation to our spiritual source, or what you call God. I dreamt of Horus coming after me when I was 7, trying to cut me to pieces, and I have a hard time believing "the devil" would be allowed to attack a child that age in their sleep... And I knew nothing of Egyptian mythology. If you haven't heard of it, do a google search for "collective unconscious". You may not be able to really grasp it. I don't know how old you are. But it's pretty legit. If you're really curious about this stuff dive into it. All the prudish, so called "christian" attitudes are the same closed-minded attitude that put Jesus to death. Maybe that's why, in your dream, the witch tells you that what it is doing is christian. True Christianity has nothing to do with churches and dogmatic thinking patterns. It's about openness and free-love. Think about what kind of people Jesus preferred to be around... criminals, bums, prostitutes... interesting people. Not the lame sterile church crowd. Maybe think of your dream in those more realistic terms and you'll get more from it. Good luck. And if you do look up the business about the collective unconscious and want to go further into it, I'd be glad to offer you some useful "fruit of knowledge." lol
    Last edited by Firefly; 08-09-2011 at 06:53 AM.
    "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
    "Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears" -- Edgar Allan Poe (both)

Just so you know I'm 15 - okay I am not perfect, you made your point and I respect that. But I would like more info on my dream.

Yeah, sorry for coming off so harsh. I was in a real poor mood. Anyway though, I think the "collective unconscious" concept might help you to get a better idea of it. You can probably find a fairly easy description of it I would think. That is all I can think of that would be helpful really. I never knew who that figure had been in my dream when I was little, but when I was 18 or 19 or so I saw a picture of Horus and was like, my God, that is scary. The eye of Horus isn't a sign of the devil though, honestly. I wonder where you might have learned that? But anyway, the collective unconscious is a deep area of our mind where collective memories are stored from the history of our species. Like different figures and different themes are deep in the minds of every person just the same, and that is the collective unconscious. So we have memories and thought patterns that are so deep in our mind, and these ideas have been around forever. They're the same ideas that people had when they created different mythologies and religions all over the world. They are things like the "tree of life", the "hero", the "villain", some basic, common feelings about the sea, the sky, the sun, moon, stars, etc. All these images or symbols have a basic meaning. I don't think you playing around with tarot cards invited the devil. I think your curiosity lead you to it, and they opened up some doors for you where you glimpsed, in your dream, the actual world of alive religion, or religious experience. I think the witch saying she was doing Christian things emphasized that part of the dream, where definitions and dividing lines blur, and everything is seen as being very deeply related. The eye of horus, I think, would be somewhat like the sun, or the eye of God, that sees everything and scortches everything. I think the baby's eye thing is tied into that somehow, but I don't know. Do you have any clues as to what Walker St is all about?

I think in general it does have to do with the Tarot cards, but not in any spooky, devilish way. Sometimes when you experience something that feels dangerous but excites your curiosity, it can shake things up inside and it takes time for them to settle down. I would guess that is mainly what your dream was about... things just sort of rearranging and falling back into place. I wouldn't worry too much, and don't think badly of the experience. I think that stuff is good for people some times. Sorry again for coming off as jerkish before. I hope this makes more sense. Good luck.
    "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
    "Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears" -- Edgar Allan Poe (both)

Hello, OrangeFoxEars.

I find that dreams like that come about when a person doesnt understand the truth, and investigates. The symbols in the dream are given a evil outlook because your investigating what you were told was something wrong. Actually the tarrot cards stem from the Jewish tree of life, and kabalh teaching. The tree of life was a attempt to map miracles to see if they were true miracles or not. Later somone had the bright idea to make them into fortune telling cards for predicting events, but its only random chance that the cards will ever fall into a predicted order. Not worth the effort, and most people that use them use other means of fakery to convince you.

They eye over the pyramid is a very old symbol for one vision, one way of life, or otherwise said to be as one. That stems from the tower of bable and God seeing that everyone was working together. There being always someone wanting to rule everyone, causing them to do wrong before God, but the one eye one vision was a very old Jewish term for living by example intead of the do as i say not as i do.

The witch would symbolize the destroyer, the destroyer is the spirit that took the pharos first born sons, because he passed judgment to destroy. The destroyer is the protecter of secrets, and is evil to the ordinary people because they dont know God and it keeps them away. Not that God is evil, but only seems as though those things are to those who dont know him. Anyone who gets close to God will find out, that wisdom and change are one in the same.

I have had basket dreams, where the opposite is given of whats in the basket. Not so sure of a box, might be the same interpretation, though boxes we normally keep things in. I have heard that boxes contain something spiritual, a gift of wisdom to salvation. The holy spirit. With that concept, its growing up to put childish things away, as a form of responsability of some kind or putting yourself in someones elses shoes. Maybe a unwanted change, but a change for the better.

we will see.

Peace and love in Jesus.

I believe that your nightmare was simply the way that your mind reacted to your earlier experience involving the Tarot cards. You have been brought up believing that it is a sin to use them, and the night after you first used them, you probably felt guilty of rebelling against your parents' teachings. The negative feelings that arose from these thoughts were simply amplified in your dream, thus giving you a nightmare.

You probably associate Tarot cards with other mystical-related things such as mythology and magic, which explains the re-occurring eye of Horus. The appearance of the eye also may be a manifestation of your fear that someone was "watching you" use the cards, so to speak. When people feel guilty, they often get a subconscious sense of paranoia.