Thread: Clothes Pins

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Clothes Pins

What does it mean if you see a bunch of clothes pins clipped to a line in your dream? And that was the dream. There was nothing else to go with it.

Starz :-)

Default Re: Clothes Pins

Hmmm, that's pretty tricky. Was there anything hanging from the pegs? Could be a play on words like, " someone's been hung out to dry'. if nothing was hanging on the line, maybe its about unfinnished work or procrastination or something. Did any emotions or thoughts come to you when you had the dream?

Well, now that you mention it, I remember I picked one end of the line up, as the line wasn't attached to anything. As I held it up in front of me, I remember the clothes pins were attached to wire, not clothes line, and my thought was the wire was much stronger than clothes line. There were maybe 10 clothes pins attached to wire, although I didn't count them, and there was nothing hanging from the pegs.

Ahh OK. One more question for you to ponder: in waking life, what would you associate with clothes lines? Eg. are you the person that normally does the washing in your house? How do you feel when you do the washing normally? How do you feel when you DON'T do the washing? This will give you a clue as to what the dream is about. (Oh and also, you posted this dream in the prophetic section, so is there something about the dream that makes you think it is about the future????)

If you are the person that does the washing, the fact that the line was on the ground in your dream makes me think that for some reason you might have been impaired in some way, or not your usual motivated self. However, as you picked the line up, this might represent that you are now ready to "pick yourself up off the ground" and get on with it. You are ready to be healed and strengthened after a time of feeling a bit flat and tired perhaps? The clothesline being wire is a really good sign too I think. It shows that perhaps you are stronger than you realised!

The number of pegs on in the line could be quite significant and they seem to represent markers along a timeline. The ten pegs could mean that something started or happened 10 years ago or that something occurred at the age of 10. Have a think about what was happening ten years ago that might have been the start of you feeling a bit like you weren't quite firing on all cylinders.

If you're not the person that does the washing, then maybe the dream is more about someone else than yourself. But overall, this dream is pointing to a much more positive phase of your life, things seem to be on the up for you so a good dream I think.
    Last edited by Chook; 07-24-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Oh, the fact that it was such a short clip lead me to believe it possibly represented prophetic. I was really unsure about that. I am the person who does the washing. I do feel the wire line represented strength. I have been divorced for nine years now. This dream did occur during a breakup of a long-term relationship. We are now back together and deciding to get engaged. Perhaps the 10 does have significant meaning. We do not "plan" to marry next year. The 10 could represent the divorce in the past or the future next year... I'm guessing.

I would say that the 10 years is about the break up with your ex 9 years ago. Not exactly about the divorce itself, but the problems you were having with your ex. Those problems would have started before the actual divorce occurred. Maybe about 1 year beforehand perhaps??

Dreams typically process thoughts you've had or things that have happened in the few days leading up to the dream. You may have associated your marriage problems with the recent breakup with your current partner. Have a think about what the similarities were between those two situations. Look at the similarities between the relationship you had with your ex, and the relationship you have now.

Now think about what the clothes line represents to you. Like without thinking too hard, what is the first word (or sentence) that comes into your head when you think of a clothesline? I think there could be something about the clothesline that you are associating with your marriage and with your current relationship.

I think if you had the feeling that it was prophetic, then it probably does have a lot to do with your future - your future happiness in particular. So if you can figure out what the clothesline represents to you, then this will be the key and it might help to provide some insight into what is going on with you at the moment.

I guess the clothesline is one of those symbols that could mean different things to different people. In my mind, there are two types of people. There are neat and tidy people, and then there are messy people. I reckon the clothesline will mean something different for these two types! Hahaha!
    Last edited by Chook; 07-24-2011 at 09:01 PM.