Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Gathering of Apostles

A group of men in biblical attire gathered in a field underneath an evening sky. A backdrop of trees behind them, they sat in rows, eating and talking as if this was a routine kind of gathering. The original apostles were there, each the head of a row of men. The discussions got spirtied at times, even getting physical as arguments occasional broke out. This seemed rathre typical like disagreements were a regular occurance among them. Jesus sat among them acting down-to-earth and was part of the conversation, but not the fighting. Mostly, He just observed and looked kind of tired like He had gotten used to such behavior, but didn't really approve. He patiently dealt with it though because the love He had for these men.

Then one of the apostles stood out from all the others becaause he refused to defend himself despite the abuse of his brothers. He patted some dirt into a lump, then rolled in course flour until it started to look like dough. Next his large hands set it beneath a large bush where he set the dough close to the trunk at the roots, saying, "Offer yourselves up as victims for peace in the family." Or he might have said, "Offer yourselves up for peace in your families." . . . the precise words have faded, but that's the jest of it.

This apostle's actions drew the attention of all. The bickering stopped. Others began to form their own dough and place it among the roots of the bush. They returned to their rows and each apostle began to sing the praises of the name of Jesus. Peace and joy descended upon the group.

The apostles voices were far from angelic, but they were so sincere their songs were beautiful. I noticed one apostlel looked a lot like Michael Landin when he was young--like Little Joe--dark eyes, hair, no beard. His face was full of joy like the other men their. Most the men wore beards though and appeared older and toughened by a rough life outdoors. Jesus remained with them.
    That's all I remember.

Default Re: Gathering of Apostles

I was short on time and wanted to get it "out there" while still fresh. After the fact I see numerous mistakes and clunky wording. Wish I could still edit, but that's not an option. Sorry, my apologies for not proofreading before posting.

What stood out most was the humanity of these men. Even though they were of a different age, they seemed approachable, like regular people. Seriously flawed, yet the love Jesus showed for them was readily seen in His gentle demeanor. The love they returned to Him edified. The other part of the message, the place where the middle aged aged apostle said, "offer yourselves up for peace in your families" . . . I noted the men their dwelling on these very words as if very important. The meaning of the dirt turned into dough had me wondering a while, but a day later I think I might have it figured out.

I loved it! I have really been feeling like sacrificing yourself up for the sake of peace is the right path.
    I grew up abused and beaten so I tended to take the cowardly way out but God forced me to fight back to talk back and I grew in strength but now I think he wants me to consider a peaceful path instead. At any rate I loved that and it will live in my heart until we meet in that great gathering!

Hello, Morning Star.

When Moses grew up in Egypt, he grew up as a living God, but soon discovered his family were nothing more than tyrants, that he didnt want anything to do with. Must have been a big let down for him. When he learned that God was on a mountian he climed to the top to find out, it was what he learned growing up, learning to be like a God that made him do it, and upon finding him, resolved a long mystery about Moses. Why God used him. This example given, is the example all who find God have in common, and thats what to be like by example. It has the example of wanting to learn from God, but not worthy of standing before God, so God removes the evil so he can stand before God. No different than the born again experiance, but more accurate.

After Jesus had died, it was Peter who took his place for the head of the church, Not Paul. Peter was the rock the church would be built on. They having been so close to him, learning how to be close to God, had direct contact with Jesus after death, and is why its the church of Jesus. From what i know, the head and body walk as one, the mind says so and the body does it. This is how it is. No disagrements, but a understanding of a greater cause for salvation.

There are two forms of salvation, one being the direct cause of being found, as by example of Peter, because God lights up those who want salvation. Or the second form with the example Jesus showed by proxy of doing something for everyone. But because that only needed to be done ones, there is no need for that, but there is a need for salvation for family members. Its more of custodianship of those sent by God under our care and direction. Since we fail at this misserabley, It is extended beyond life as long as one family member through the generations is willing to do it. Thus is this despensation. It was God who spoke and said to me, you are free to marry whoever you choose, and the bible that was next to me i picked turned a few pages, and found that it also said, even him who is in heaven.

You and your dream are right, only through Jesus.

Peace and love in Jesus.
    Last edited by holydiver; 07-31-2011 at 12:37 PM.