Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Very Disturbing Nightmare that i need help with

I had this very disturbing dream last night I was in this room playing some kind of board game with some other people when i saw this paper with several people and places and i heard my favorite song in the background when the other people left for somthing i looked at the paper and it had changed and not for the better. the people in it looked very angry to see me and the places started looking really run down and scary. I crumpled up the paper and threw it into a small wastebasket and then i saw a small fire in the room and i stuck my arm in it burning it severely. then i saw another paper on the table i was at and it was some sort of match game where i touched the pictures and they matched up and it seemed normal then i noticed several guns on a shelf above and took one of them and noticed it was loaded and remembering how hostile the people in the first papaer looked at me i pointed the gun to my head and fired. then everything went black then i found myself somewhere else it was disturbing because i suicide is the furthest thing from my mind cause we got a new house i just stopped soda and am proud of that and have several good tings lined up. why would i dream of such a stupid and empty thing to do to myself?

Default Re: Very Disturbing Nightmare that i need help with

Hey, I wouldn't worry about it. In the beggining of the dreams you seem happy with your life and like being with your friends and good things are happening. When they leave and you burn your arm, it could be that you are afrid something will come and ruin it, or you will mess it up somehow. You might be afraid that the things you have and what you have lined up will not go through and youll loose it. The angry people in the picture might be because your afraid people will blame you for messing up. And just because you kill yourself in a dream doesn't mean you actually want to kill yourself. It could just be that your curious about what happens after death. Sometimes it can be that you are partly awake and don't want to have that dream anymore, and death in a dream is one way to wake up. I know I've had really bad nighterrors that I have to die to wake up from them, even though I'm really happy with my life and death is the furthest thing from my mind. It can just be a way for your mind to wake you up. So don't stress out, and enjoy what you have:) I hope I helped out some.

Yes, I agree with darkeningshade, don't worry about it too much. Actually, deaths in dreams quite often represent an ending of some aspect of your life (and hence, a new begininning or a change, is implied) and that does seem to work in your case because it sounds like you have taken many steps recently to leave the old you behind. You killing yourself then would represent you ending that part of your life. The unhappy people on the paper might have represented you being unhappy with the old you??? You said you had several good things "lined up" so this could be represented in the dream by the matching game.

So yeah, don't worry, its just your dream self's way of saying goodbye to the old you! (Very funny way of saying something good is happening but the death dream does seem to work that way for a lot of people.)

I think you're right. I mentioned that I have stopped Drinking soda and have not had any soda of any kind for 8 days. The suicide death is most likely me killing off the old soda guzzler side of myself! so Chook I agree with you and darkeningshade. I do have another theory . the people and places were okay at first but they all turned on me. That could represent me and soda. Its all good at first but then it will turn on you. Decayed teeth diabetes blood pressure and maybe even death then me crumpling up and throwing away the paper could symbolise the very act of giving up the soda! who knows for sure.
    Last edited by tbolt76; 07-18-2011 at 12:41 AM.

I think you got it right there with your theory. Esp the throwing the paper away bit. Good on you for giving it up - not easy I'd imagine. I get these headaches whenever I stop drinking coffee, and I only have one a day! LOL