Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Throwing up after dreams/nightmares

Hi i'm new to this forum and thought I'd join up to get a few opinions on some dream issues. Iv'e had vivid dreams since I can remember even going back to 3-4 four years old and still remember those dreams. However most dreams are nightmares and almost never pleasant. Iv'e had about a dozen times in my life where I have had a dream that was so terrible I would thrown up after waking up. The dream didn't always seem terrible yet the feelings it gave me were sickening. For example one dream i was standing on a set of teeth with a pink mist all around me and I felt sick within the dream. When I woke up I threw up. I have no idea why it made me throw up since the dream didn't seem terrible and didn't even make any sense. BTW I did take cannabis for about 6 months and 1 mushroom which stopped me from ever taking drugs again as the trip was horrifying. These dreams however never took place when I was on substances. I no longer take them and it has been 2 years since because of that experience. Iv'e also had dreams and have woken up needing to affirm that I was back in reality. One dream i had was where i was in the room I was sleeping in. I can't remember what happened but I woke up and still wasn't convinced I was awake. I had to touch things around my room and confirm that I had put them there the night before to confirm I was back in reality. I had to walk around and convince myself I was back in reality which was scary. This took nearly 30 minutes before I was convinced I was back. I don't know why this happens. Has anyone ever had this experience? BTW I remember as a child having such vivid nightmares I was put on medication to get rid of these dreams. i don't remember what the medication was.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Throwing up after dreams/nightmares

My....that is scary. I just woke up from one of those :( myself it took about 30 min to stop crying thus why I am here :(. I dont know that drugs (prescription) are the best alternative (zombification and other side effects) Another dream I had was so vivid like yours i called someone at 3 am just to be sure the person in my dream wasn't really outside trying to kill me :( again about 30 min or so to calm down. My father had a nightmare once that an old lady was in our house trying to kill us and when he woke up he patrolled the house with his gun for about 30 min. Have you tried having a sleep study done through your doctor? I don't know how to stop these dreams myself but my father had sleep apnea. He would often wake up physically sick feeling, but it was because he wasn't getting enough oxygen in his sleep. So even if it could stop the physical effect it might be worth it. Do you look into the symbolism of your dreams much? I find the dictonarys help me EX-my dream earlier was of my death without my fiance but in a car with my parents in a snowstorm and lightning storm(and it is nearly 100 degrees where I live) I immediately woke up as we were falling to our death off a cliff. Very scary :( but found out that your own death means changes so not negative and lightning is realization and the snow was a feeling of lack of love? Well I am getting married in a few months hence the "death" of that part of my life and change in relationship with my parents. I have found that the dream moods .com dictionary is helpful and when I get stuck on a symbol I have gotten great help here :) I just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I have not been physically ill from a dream but many times woke up screaming or kicking or even not really awake :/ like the walk around and touch stuff. This morning alone I stood up immediately and opened all my curtains grabbed a cig and started crying and shaking. Since I have figured out the symbolism I have calmed down and feel much happier. In my own experience if I can figure out what my subconscious is trying to tell me it will make the dreams stop and change to better dreams :)