Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Felt like I was being pulled out of my body??

Hello, wasn't sure exactly which section to post this one in, but I am curious to find out what you think because this has never happened before. A few times in the past I have experienced sleep paralysis for a few moments, but this was different.

I was lying in bed, just fell asleep and the first thing I remember is feeling my arms straight up above me, together like they were handcuffed and I couldn't pull them apart, and it felt like someone grabbed hold of them and was pulling me forward. Then I must have started to wake up but not fully, because I realized I was laying in bed, knew my hubby was laying next to me asleep, but I couldn't move and I still felt my arms straight out above me and it kept feeling like I was being pulled, literally like something was trying to pull me out of my body, I felt my arms down on the bed and up in the air at the same time! I started to panic, I kept trying to move one of my arms to smack my hubby and wake him up because I didn't know what was happening but I couldn't. Then I started breathing really hard due to the panic and all of a sudden I snapped awake and sat straight up. My body felt calm but it terrified me!

I am fascinated by dreams and would love to figure this one out, any thoughts!?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Felt like I was being pulled out of my body??

Hello, laughlady99.

That is very common, alot of people have that happen to them. It may stem from a fear of being alone, though it may just mean that the cemical your brain makes to stop you from moving when your dreaming, didnt remove itself because you became aware within your dream. The dream itself may be symbolic of a type of release from the physical struggles of life and pain.

Peace and love in Jesus.