Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Can someone please help me understand my dream?

I write about dark stuff too. I see nothing wrong with it. I didn't mention it because I didn't want biased opinions when figuring this out. I really like Seung and I wish I had met him. I wish I could have try to date him. I'm not crazy though. He was a great guy.
    I'll look at the site. Also, I already have a therapist.

MARY!!!

You should see EVERYTHING wrong with writing about dark things! Withholding information is the SAME EXACT THING as LYING!!! You say you are not crazy, although 100% of the readers of this think you are beyond a doubt! You will not convince anyone otherwise unless your words match your actions. Being bullied is NOT an excuse to side with a criminal, in fact it makes you one as well. I agree wholly with Chook, you are in need of intense psychotherapy with a different therapist (the one you have is not sufficient), and I am only saying that so you may see the light and rise up out of this black hole of darkness you have gotten yourself into. I agree that everyone should be loved in life and death even our enemies, HOWEVER YOU CANNOT SIDE WITH THEIR ACTIONS AND BELIEF SYSTEMS!! If you do, you are committing the EXACT same sin as they did!! You are a murderer too and you dont even realize it! Your wish to have dated him makes no sense to the intelligent and logical mind. He was NOT a great guy. Great people DO NOT KILL others OR themselves! That is something you need to understand. You will continue to live in darkness with no light or support from your peers with the kind of thinking and mentality you carry until you change your perspective. Personally, I see this "crush" you have as vomitrocious and I am sure I do not speak for myself. I pray that you see the light and get the help you really need to overcome this setback.
    Row, Row, Row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily life is but a dream....

What's wrong about writing about vampires. Should we get angry and persecute every horror and sci-fi writer. I did not lie to anyone. I figured most people knew who he is. Being bullied has nothing to do with finding someone physically attractive. I am comfortable with my therapist. I never said I sided about killing people. Also, one cannot be a murderer unless they actually kill someone. If you don't believe me, look up the law. He was a great person. You're too closed minded to see it. My dad was a great person who happened to be mentally ill and he killed himself. I've stopped caring what society thinks. I know I will be a wonderful lawyer. You won't change my mind about liking him and having a crush on him. Thank you.

I am sorry to say that you still fail to convince me/us after your previous posts. I see right through your b.s. and your attempt to paint the best picture of yourself possible. Your claim for bullying being the reason as well as others for your interest in this pyschopath falls through since I, along with many, many others were bullied relentlessly and it NEVER inspired me/them to even read a murderer's manifesto nor fall in love with one.

Everyone has good and bad sides to them. It is nice of you to choose to recognize the good, but it points to direct dysfunction with your mental health when you dismiss what that bad person has done. Don't get me wrong, I believe in forgiveness, and I have forgiven what this man has done, but will never forget. Forgiveness and love have NOTHING to do with liking what someone does or what they stand for.

What you have posted here about your personal beliefs and how you feel for this particular DEAD person shows us that you cannot be trusted in society at all! What about all the little girls recently that have hung themselves to escape the bullying? They didnt feel it necessary to take other people out with them. This sicko took the lives of many innocent people. He had a hatred. He was NOT loving, NOT gentle, NOT caring, NOT kind! YOU are very diluted if you even think for a second he was any of those things.

You would have mentioned you write about vampires, instead of claiming it as "dark stuff" if that WAS the case. Of course we wont villify FICTION writers. This man's story is anything but fiction! We will villify people like you who put murderers up on a pedestal. Birds of a feather flock together. BTW, you do NOT have to be a LAWYER to defend people who cannot. That is the job of a victims advocate or prosecuter NOT lawyer, which you are far, far from. I cant imagine how the family of the deceased would feel about such a person like you who would love such a monster.
    This type of behavior falls under an obsessive compulsive disorder. I believe you wanted to drag dream interpreters into your twisted world so you could live your obsession through any avenue possible. The real interpretation, which you haven't gotten until now, simply means your obsession regarding this person has taken over your reality and carried into your dreams. It means you must end this nonsensical obsession. I feel for your boyfriend too, since he has to deal with the fact his girlfriend is in love more with a dead murderer than with him. Hope you wake up soon.
    Row, Row, Row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily life is but a dream....

I've studied him more than you. You don't know anything about him. I did my college Psychology paper about him and got a good grade. He is NOT a bad person. He just did ONE bad thing and no one sees the good about him. It's unfair to judge him like that. I can be trusted. I just don't HAVE to agree with everything that society says. He wrote poetry, a novel, and plays. I've read what was released of his novel, plays, and poetry. I like it. He was a good writer. He is not a monster. He was a very nice person and he snapped. One bad event does not erase all the good about him. He will always be in my thoughts. I love my boyfriend deeply. It's because of Seung I met my boyfriend.

I know I'm a little late getting here, but I'd like to say something on the matter, if anyone cares to listen. I understand completely the admiration and identification with individuals that appear to us as "bigger than life." Many cultures, their greatest heros were those who extravagantly broke all bounds to pursue their own ideal. I think you just need to discriminate between what you truly admire about the person, what inspires you, and what is pathetic imitation. You admire that this guy struck down the imagined bullies, so go listen to eminem, who might take you deeper into that dynamic, minus the real life violence. You are saying he has all of these wonderful qualities that I don't believe he had... such as "kind, caring, loving, gentle, and an all around good person". I think you are thinking he has these good qualities only because you want him to, because YOU have them, and you want to mesh with him for some reason. Your mind is turning him into something totally UNREAL. I'm a poet, I like to think. He was no poet. His little rhymes and reasons were more disgusting than the bugs currently eating his remains. Poetry involves using a great sensability to open new doors for others and advance the well-being and understanding of the world. That's the greatest goal. He, unfortunately, did neither. I guess that the only true connection you have with him is based on race. I know this can feel pretty profound, but honestly it is shallow. Believe me. I know the majority of white, upper-class americans are full of ****, and I deal with them daily. It's the mainstream america that the entire world thinks is all we are. It's not true. It's only an idea. You can stand up for yourself, your identity, everything you truly believe in, in a nonviolent way. Maybe that's what these dreams mean. Maybe you're feeling, on a deep spiritual level, the need to liberate yourself and people in your boat from whatever you feel is holding you down. But rather than being a repeat, worthless tragedy, you need to use your gifts to whip your feelings out there in a way that's comprehensible. Maybe these dreams are asking you to do that, so everyone can see the beauty of what's on your mind.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne? View Post
    I am sorry to say that you still fail to convince me/us after your previous posts. I see right through your b.s. and your attempt to paint the best picture of yourself possible. Your claim for bullying being the reason as well as others for your interest in this pyschopath falls through since I, along with many, many others were bullied relentlessly and it NEVER inspired me/them to even read a murderer's manifesto nor fall in love with one.

Everyone has good and bad sides to them. It is nice of you to choose to recognize the good, but it points to direct dysfunction with your mental health when you dismiss what that bad person has done. Don't get me wrong, I believe in forgiveness, and I have forgiven what this man has done, but will never forget. Forgiveness and love have NOTHING to do with liking what someone does or what they stand for.

What you have posted here about your personal beliefs and how you feel for this particular DEAD person shows us that you cannot be trusted in society at all! What about all the little girls recently that have hung themselves to escape the bullying? They didnt feel it necessary to take other people out with them. This sicko took the lives of many innocent people. He had a hatred. He was NOT loving, NOT gentle, NOT caring, NOT kind! YOU are very diluted if you even think for a second he was any of those things.

You would have mentioned you write about vampires, instead of claiming it as "dark stuff" if that WAS the case. Of course we wont villify FICTION writers. This man's story is anything but fiction! We will villify people like you who put murderers up on a pedestal. Birds of a feather flock together. BTW, you do NOT have to be a LAWYER to defend people who cannot. That is the job of a victims advocate or prosecuter NOT lawyer, which you are far, far from. I cant imagine how the family of the deceased would feel about such a person like you who would love such a monster.
    This type of behavior falls under an obsessive compulsive disorder. I believe you wanted to drag dream interpreters into your twisted world so you could live your obsession through any avenue possible. The real interpretation, which you haven't gotten until now, simply means your obsession regarding this person has taken over your reality and carried into your dreams. It means you must end this nonsensical obsession. I feel for your boyfriend too, since he has to deal with the fact his girlfriend is in love more with a dead murderer than with him. Hope you wake up soon.
    Hola, ChosenOne,
    This is no doubt overdue, but take this one instance that appears here, of all places, and place it next to the incredible, massive injustices, families and communities hellishly tortured before being killed, that occur daily throughout our world. And you have nothing but scorn? Have you tried to see from her eyes even a little bit, to try to get why she might say or dream such things? I am guessing the girl is Hmong, which unfortunately an enormous proportion of americans hate. But do you realize they are here against their will? They are of a completely different culture, displaced from their lands for deals they made with our government during vietnam. How do you figure they feel being put here, where they are spit on as immigrants and constantly kicked around?

I'm not saying it's right to sympathize with her intentions or ideas, but an understanding of her angst is, I think, necessary. And only through an understanding of what she's dealing with can we in any way help her to see outside of it. A lot of times that is all it takes for someone to heal.
    "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
    "Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears" -- Edgar Allan Poe (both)

Dear Mary, Welcome to Dreamcentral. I think Chook Is correct in assuming you might to see a mental health therapist. However I must admit I don't know anything about Seungs background. Best regards, Bob