Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Can someone please help me understand my dream?

I had this dream about a week ago and it has had a big impact on me.

I had a dream where a voice told me to sit in a room and tell Seung how I felt about him. I walked into this room and there were only two chairs in the room. I sat down. Seung walked in and sat down in the other chair. I said "Hi" to him and he said "Hi" back. I was nervous to tell him because I didn't know how he would react. I told him that I like him, think he's cute, he has a good personality, that I care about him, I like his writing, that I know he is a kind and gentle person, that I like his voice, and that I love him. As I'm telling him this I can see him tear up and cry a little. He tells me that I have been the nicest person he has met. I tell him thank you. I tell him that I am so happy to finally have met him and that he is one of my role models. He thanks me again. I ask him if he could take his shirt off because I would really like that. He does. I smile at him and go over and hug him. As we part I tell him that I'll always have him in my heart and care about him. He tells me the same. We hug again.

Default Re: Can someone please help me understand my dream?

Hello Mary and welcome to Dream Central!

The true meaning of this dream will depend a lot on what you associate with the person Seung. A couple of questions, is Seung a real person? Do you know him/her personally? Is he/she a famous person? (If so, my apologies as I don't know who they are). Is there anything about the person that you see in yourself? Eg: similar experiences, or background, stuff like that. In the dream you said this person was your role model. If you could explain a bit more about why this is the case, that will go a long way to figuring out the meaning of the dream.

One more question which is essential to working out what the dream means, how did you feel when you woke up?

(PS, sorry for bombarding you with all the questions but it will really help in getting to the bottom of this.) Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Chook View Post
    Hello Mary and welcome to Dream Central!

The true meaning of this dream will depend a lot on what you associate with the person Seung. A couple of questions, is Seung a real person? Do you know him/her personally? Is he/she a famous person? (If so, my apologies as I don't know who they are). Is there anything about the person that you see in yourself? Eg: similar experiences, or background, stuff like that. In the dream you said this person was your role model. If you could explain a bit more about why this is the case, that will go a long way to figuring out the meaning of the dream.

One more question which is essential to working out what the dream means, how did you feel when you woke up?

(PS, sorry for bombarding you with all the questions but it will really help in getting to the bottom of this.) Take care.
    Yes, he is a real person. I never got to meet him. He is famous, but only so after he died. I do see similar situations like being bullied in school. He is my role model in the sense of not being afraid to stand up for myself and following my career choice. It's because of his manifesto video I met my current boyfriend. Also, I feel that Seung saved my life. I did and still do have a crush on him. I felt like I really did get the chance to meet him and tell him how I felt. I felt really happy and loved.
    Thank you.

Thanks for your reply Mary,

So sorry to hear that you have been bullied. I don't think people realise how badly it can affect people. The worst thing that can happen with bullying is that students get left to sort it out on there own. I am still unclear about what this person is famous for though. Are you following the same career path as this person?

Thank you. It's much better in college. He's famous for being the Virginia Tech shooter. We both write poetry. I really like his writing a lot. Seung went for being a writer and he inspired me to go through with being a lawyer even though some people doubt me.

Well that would be a very interesting choice of role model! Being a lawyer is a positive goal to have though. In Australia, many schools have what is called restorative practices. Which basically means that the kids who get bullied have an opportunity to face their bully in a safe environment (aided and guided by trained teachers) and tell them how they have been affected by the bullying. They are then able to choose a punishment for the bully. The kids are encouraged to report all problems, no matter how insignificant they seem. it really helps the "victim" feel empowered, and it really does prevent bullying from getting out of hand. The system is based on Traditional Aboriginal law. There is certainly a way to deal with bullying which is positive.

Do you think you are at risk of doing something like what Seung did???

I see past what he did. I see the real him. Thanks. I think I read about that in my Juvenile Justice class. That does sound like a very good practice.
    No, I don't think at risk for doing that. I really do have a crush on him. The stuff in my dream is how I really feel about him. Do you think my dream might of been a spiritual experience?

Hmmmm, I am probably the wromg person to ask about whether you ACTUALLY MET this person in your dream. I tend to believe that dreams are symbolic and highlight particular issues that we have not dealt with. In your case, you were bullied and perhaps there are aspects of that time in your life that you still feel very hurt by. I wonder if "role model" is actually the right term? Or did this person more "inspire" you to be a lawyer so you could stick up for people who could not stick up for themselves on their own? Perhaps you see the person he was BEFORE he was bullied?

I'm interested in any insight into this matter. Possibly about the bullying. He did inspire me to defend those that can't defend themselves. Also, he gave me the courage to do so. I do see who he truly is kind, caring, loving, gentle, and an all around good person. I do love him.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    I'm interested in any insight into this matter. Possibly about the bullying. He did inspire me to defend those that can't defend themselves. Also, he gave me the courage to do so. I do see who he truly is kind, caring, loving, gentle, and an all around good person. I do love him.
    If you truly do want some insight into this, then here is my insight and I really hope that you will listen and not just dismiss what I have to say. I think this dream shows you have some very deep seated emotional problems that you will not be able to deal with on your own. If you truly do want to be a good lawyer, you need to see a therapist and work through these issues. Otherwise you will find your self being easily manipulated by criminals. A good lawyer needs to be far more savvy and streetwise than that.

You have a major blindspot in your mind where you are totally unable to recognise the bad in people. There is good AND BAD in everyone, not just good. You've picked a completely inappropriate role modle for yourself. He did not stick up for himself at all, he got bullied, then gave in to total madness and murdered 32 people in cold blood, then rather than face responsibility for his actions, he turned the gun on himself. (A sickening and cowardly act in anyone's book, not the actions of someone sticking up for themselves.) This person's "poetry" was full of violence and hatred. You totally neglected to mention ANY of this in your above posts. WHY didn't you mention this? I think this is very telling of your current state of mind.

Why not pick someone who HASN'T massacred 32 random innocent people? There are plenty of heros out there that haven't committed attrocities. Anyway, enough said. Have a look at this website, hopefully you will find it interesting and educating around the issue of bullying.

http://www.lucifereffect.com/heroism-signup.htm

Your issues are way beyond the abilities of anyone on an online forum, you need to get referred to a top notch therapist as soon as you can. Will you do this?
    Last edited by Chook; 07-10-2011 at 06:33 PM.