Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Walking in prison full of monsters

I had just recently been prescribed a sleep aide by my doctor (which I believe brought the dream forth, because I usually don't EVER remember any of my dreams.) Anyway, I was walking through a prison in first person view, and inside the prison cells was monster like characters. I was not scared though, maybe I should have been, but I was not. I actually felt like I was one with these creatures, as though I belonged with them. Any ideas?

Default Re: Walking in prison full of monsters

Hello brff, A prison in a dream usually means that you feel trapped somehow in some way in your real life. However, this does not seem to be the case with you at all. So you were walking through the prison, but were you one of the prisoners or were you free to come out? (I am assuming that you were free to come out of the prison anytime.)

I think that this has something to do with some aspect of society that you feel differently about compared to most people. It could be about prejudices that you don't agree with. The monsters probably represent who others would see as "outcasts" in society. However, whoever these so called "outcasts" are in real life, you share understanding and empathy with them.

Hello Chook, I actually have no idea if I was a prisoner or not. I honestly don't think that I was a prisoner because there was no empty cells for me (that I saw), and there was no one to force me to go into the cells. I may have just been visiting these monsters momentarily. I do feel different from the vast majority of society, granted everyone says that (usually because no two people are a like.) However, I guess, I have always been a part of a crowd (of different people/groups) that were accepted by fewer people... generally speaking.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Well that might be it then. Eg you are part of a crowd accepted by fewer people. Also, since you were on the sleeping medication, it probably over exaggerated the whole issue so the dream ended up being far more dramatic than the issue is in real life perhaps. If you have been having sleeping problems, and then you end up sleeping, your dreams seem to get really vivid - kind of like your brain is trying to catch up on something that you have been missing out on. Dreams seem to exaggerate things at the best of times!

Thank you very much for the reply, I really like to get feedback on my interpretations.