Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Unhappy What can I do?....I'm slowly dying inside..

I had broke up with my ex back in 2005. The biggest mistake of my life for stupid reasons. Well May 28th this year, he shows up at my house for my graduation party. I was not expecting that. I have not talk to him in so long. We exchange numbers and I find out he is single. So he texts me and ask me to come and see his place. We did and talked for a long time. Then he told me no matter what he would always love me. But he was in a violent relationship before and he said he wasn't sure if he was ready for a relationship or not. He lost everything. I feel so bad showing up like that but he did ask me over. I told him I loved him and I was sorry and I would wait forever for him. There is noone else in my life I want. I am done. After that, he kissed me and we made love. I was not expecting that. We talk from time to time but I have to text him, he won't text me. I have not seen him since that day which was on the 30th of May. I know it sounds like he was using me but he is not. I know him too well. We have dated before. I just wish there was something I could do. It kills me each day he doesn't respond. I love him. I miss him. I understand why he is avoiding me. I deserve it. I'm slowly dying inside and might as well be dead.

Default Re: What can I do?....I'm slowly dying inside..

Wow! That sounds pretty wonderful/horrible at the same time! It does sound like you were both meant to be together doesn't it? But sounds like a very very difficult situation, even not knowing all the details about why you both split and all that he has been through. What happens if you just invite him round or invite him out for coffee or something? Does he say no? Or does he just avoid all of your texts? I don't understand men at all!!!!

Since he showed up at your graduation thing, can you somehow mysteriously show up at one of his dos? I mean if it's ok for him, it's ok for you right? I don't think you'll ever forget this guy huh?

Default Re: What can I do?....I'm slowly dying inside..

Hi,

No need to beat yourself up over your decision to end that relationship. EVERYTHING happens for a reason. He had to go through a violent relationship in the mean time so he can learn some life lessons. Unfortunately, we as individuals do not possess everything needed to fulfill another persons destiny or karma.

When men are single, they will totally try to revisit what is familiar to them.. i.e. the past girlfriends.. they tend to forget what ended things in the first place and think of the good ol sex that once was, and they will think that is the door to the relationship again.... . every time! bad or good ones! It is the creature of habit mentality.

The reason he wont text or really get too involved is because he had a taste of the water again and at first it was a good idea because he wasnt the one who broke things off, but, when the intimacy happens again, they start to remember how everything used to be. They revisit that chapter to find out they are different and think differently, especially having had a lesson to learn in between.
    It is no problem to still love someone after they and you have moved on. This is a chapter you will have to end so you can open up a new one and grow more in your life. Dont hold yourself back with regrets. Its not at all that you deserve to be avoided. This is a lesson for you that you cannot hold onto the past.
    Someone new wont be able to come into your life if you cant let go. That new person will show you the love and attention you deserve, so there is no room for this other guy to be lingering around in your thoughts all the time. We love you and I know you will be just fine for the next phases of your life. Hang in there, love takes patience.
    Row, Row, Row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily life is but a dream....