Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Dreams of ex boyfriend

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum. I'm new to the site but fairly certain you have read these kind of dreams before.

I have been having dreams of my ex-boyfriend. I have dreamed of him about three times this past week, each time displaying something of his nature that really bothered me; he used to love to chat to random people, was quick to activate a dating profile (we had split for a while last year and immediately started up a dating profile) and recently in one of my dreams, he degraded me in comparison to a new love he had found.

I can distinctly remember two. The first one was of him showing me a photo of his new lover sitting in a chair with nothing on. She was on an English style chair with red curtains behind her. She was light skinned and blonde. He said that her father owns a really nice house. He had started to tell me that she was better than me, smarter, prettier, etc. I woke up feeling horrible.

In this second dream, my daughter and I were on a trip with his family and him. He was on his dating site off and on. We didn't really speak on this vacation; camping in a lodge resort of sorts is what it looked like. However, an ex-friend/lover showed up as well, she began hanging on him, in which I could not contain my feelings and began to cry. I had already felt it was too soon to move on so fast after being together about two and a half years. His mother started rolling her eyes at me and complaining that I was there, the rest of the family seemed a bit more sympathetic and was sad to see us split.

His mother tried to turn my hurt feelings into me having mental issues, which hurt me even more. I explained to her that he was on the dating site and that this girl that was here was not a good girl but had actually placed personal ads on craigslist and was into drugs. At this time she said that hurt her heart and she could see why I was emotional over it. I then dreamed they were waking me up and he was saying how gross I was for drooling, which is the end of my dream.

I am not sure what these constant dreams of him mean. I would like to move on and let him go. It has been hard, he moved out four months ago but we had been trying to patch things up. He is back on his dating sites and this hurts me still. I was married 15 years and never managed to feel this much pain.

Thank you so much for your time.

Default Re: Dreams of ex boyfriend

So last night I had a dream of my ex-husband! I don't remember much about it now but I am perplexed about why I am dreaming about exes. I have started back at the gym and that is usually where I release a huge amount of tension...I just don't know what my mind is telling me. These dreams make me feel grouchy in the morning. :help2:

Reason why you are getting these dreams is that, they are feeding of your negative energies. You really shouldn't let them get to you, there playing with you. I'm dead serious here! The more you feel this way, it only increases it's power.

You seem to be trying to prove something to yourself. You don't need to prove anything too no one or too yourself. Be yourself, and live life to it's fullest. Listen to your heart, your a free woman now! It's time to take advantage of this gorgeous opportunity for you and your daughter. Think positive and look at your daughter and how its so easy to make her happy, feed off each other and God will look after you both.

Sending lots of love your way. Love thyself Wash away those fears, and you'll find yourself being back to yourself.
    Last edited by WmBuzz71; 06-19-2011 at 05:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Hi there,

The pain and anger and hurt has to come out somewhere. The safest place to live these harsh experiences of feelings is through your dreams. It was never purged, so it has to be. This is telling you that the transition is near, and that you are getting the emotional healing you need. I'll bet you had no idea your subconscious was this clever! When we live things through our dreams, it works as if we did so in reality. Things are going to get better for you soon, and you will find yourself letting go of that negativity easier so you can move forward. There are alot of choices for love out there, but we must love ourselves first. Forgiveness is the big key. Forgive what others have done no matter what they do to us. Just pray that they get the guidance they need to change and everything else will fall perfectly into place.
    Row, Row, Row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily life is but a dream....