Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Sleeping on my back = weird dreams/nightmares

Hi,

So, I've recently discovered this strange thing about me where whenever I fall asleep laying on my back, about 90% of the time I have the strangest dreams/nightmares. When it happened to me the first time, I just figured it was just the occasional nightmare, but it happened again and again. And I soon realized that it was caused by my sleeping position. To test it I did a little experiment where I intentionally laid on my back and fell asleep and sure enough I got the same strange nightmares. I tested it by sleeping on my stomach and side, but didn't have as intense of dreams/nightmares...not even close.

Usually the dreams consist of intense falling sensations which results in an adrenaline rush and a weird sub conscious state where I know I'm dreaming but I am completely physically functional. However, mentally I'm stuck in the dream world for which seems like a few minutes and I am struggling with myself to get out, but theres no way out. Along with falling, it's almost as if I am in a world of nothing. Eventually I am forced awake when I die or have a feeling of being forced out of my bed.

On a rare occasion, I have very, very intense out of body dreams where I am floating around as an orb (or something) with no body at all. I can't really tell if I'm in control or not, I just float around and seem to do nothing at all. It is quite disturbing though, because when I wake up or go into the same half awake state as before, It's a very eerie feeling.

Anyways, none of this happens when I sleep on my stomach or side, just my back. I thought it was pretty weird
    and was wondering if anyone else has experienced different types of dreaming with different positions of sleep.

-Mitch

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Sleeping on my back = weird dreams/nightmares

95% of all sleep paralysis occurs when people are sleeping on their backs. it places extra pressure and blood flow on key parts of the mind and spine. feeling of falling or dropping just before you wake up are often the first things people report.
    there are medical arguments for and against this sleeping in this position.
    Some people who are into meditation claim it is good for the soul and can lead to out of body experiences. this may be true and there are certainly many people who have claimed this is what happens to them.
    some people claim it can increase chances of heart attacks and i've not been able to find any medial web links to post that can substantiate that claim.

Either way this is your life and your experience, you would not be sleeping on your back and seeing and feeling what you see and feel if you were not meant to be. so perhaps use the experience to gain a deeper understanding of the self. MOST people are not fortunate enough to have enriched their knowledge of the self through this kind of experience.
    If your in a hurry to get some idea of your dreams meaning i've made a Dream Quiz that will help provide some insight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.