Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Terrifying Zombie Apocalypse Dream!

This is my first post so do excuse me if I'm not doing this right! My nightmare is very in depth and I didn't feel as if I could leave anything out so I totally understand if you don't have the patience to read this one! I've had many zombie apoocalypse dreams before but more movie like and none quite so terrifying as this...

So Iím with my family and weíre in a restaurant that looks kind of like one from a film. I donít remember how we got there. I go to use the toilet and in the stall in front of mine I see/hear someone get bitten/turn in to a zombie. I somehow know that heís an tall, old man that was already very slow and I remember that he came in the car with us on the way to the restaurant.

I immediately leave the bathroom and tell Mum and Dad (only my sisterís belongings are at the table now and theyíre spread out everything) that we have to leave straight away. Mum said no and to wait. I told her that we had to leave right this second. I thought about putting my sisterís things together in her bag for her but I donít remember if I did.

We all get in the car. The car park resembles one in a restaurant we used to go with my Grandparents. My sister gets in another family memberís car and one of my cousins takes my sisterís place in ours. Nobody else in the restaurant was aware of what happened and we drive away quickly.

I donít quite know what happens in between but we end up in a shopping mall that we visit in Edinburgh when I see my family. Itís just me and my Dad and a few shop attendants and other shoppers. I steal some white chocolate buttons from W H Smiths just in case we end up trapped somewhere and starve.

Some zombies arrived and we run in to this small room with a few other people and close the door. The door doesnít quite shut properly and when zombies try to break in, I donít remember what happens. Nobody in the room gets bit and no zombies actually enter. My Dad is in bed with two other women and one of them makes an innuendo. I feel an unbelievable amount of anger and hurt. I start fighting with one of them. Smashing their head and pulling their hair. I am not a violent person and have never been in a fight in my life. She doesnít come away damaged although she should have done. I spent the rest of the time crying and moving furniture in front of the door. All of the furniture (TV, chest of drawers) are unusually light and donít act as any sort of barricade.

Then it skips to me sitting on a bench in a car park with Dad. I didnít know why we were there, especially as there were zombies. We turn around and Mum and my sister are in a car waiting for us. Theyíre surrounded by zombies but theyíre very slow and we can just walk straight past them and get in the car. Iím extremely scared. We drive away and end up in quite a posh hotel. The hotel isnít secure but there are no zombies in there and I feel pretty safe.

Somehow my sister ends up getting hurt and is on a stretcher. We get moved in to a hotel room (bathroom, kitchen, living room, bedrooms) and there are locks on every single door. I lock them all and also barricade the front door with furniture that is now heavy. Sian is ill and Iím horribly worried about her.

For some reason I leave the hotel room and I end up being chased by a female zombie that looks much more like the ones from the movies. Theyíre suddenly fast now and Iím running on the edge of a water feature/display pool. Iím scared of falling in the water and of being bit and I donít know what to do. Everything goes pitch black and I can just see some kind of light on the zombie.

I donít know what happened next. I woke up terrified and crying.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Terrifying Zombie Apocalypse Dream!

wow what an upsetting dream. and you say you have lots of these zombie dreams? not good.

emotions can act as a release from the pressures of life. that means as we build up stress sometimes we need to let a little out or we'll break down.

you are sensing some change in your home situation, either an impending breakdown or the family structure, someone moving out or the perhaps the whole family potentially moving. whatever the cause it's not something your looking forward to and the fear of the future family change is overwhelming you.

often when everything is going smooth and then things start to change, everyone can be opposed to the idea. no one likes change. whats making your nightmare worse is that slowly the people in your daily life who matter to you are beginning to accept this impending change; everyone so far but you.

The best advice comes from your own dream. gather your thoughts; have a conversation with your sister about this upcoming family change and see what she thinks.