Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Pei Wei Fortune Cookies

Hello,

I know this site focuses on dreams but I need to find someone that can point me in the right direction about something I'm experiencing.

Since approximately 2 years ago almost every Pei Wei fortune cookie I open contains something that happens after wards. The fortune cookie is giving me a heads up of something that will happen soon and it really finish happening.

I mention Pei Wei because is the place I go the most that has fortune cookies.

Any inputs?

Default Re: Pei Wei Fortune Cookies

I believe God sometimes warns us ahead of time of events to come, but . . . you say the message in EVERY Pei Wei fortune cookie comes true? If you hadn't said "EVERY" I'd not be as skeptical. Nowadays it's the rare fortune cookie that predicts a future event, so to say that each and every one of them comes to pass makes me question the validity of such a claim. The messages in these fortune cookies are rarely predictions and usually more like positive affirmations. A random sample of sayings taken straight from Pei Wei Fortune Cookie:

*Be assertive when decisive action is needed.
    *You are a lover of words, someday you should write a book.
    *One learns most from teaching others.
    *Your co-workers take pleasure in your great sense of creativity.
    *Face any problem with dignity.
    *To climb the ladder of success, work hard and you’ll reach it.
    *The courage to be great lies deep within each of us.
    *The love of your life will appear in front of you unexpectedly!
    *The problems of today will soon be buried by the sand of time.
    *Honesty and friendship bring you fortune.
    *Learning is a treasure which accompanies us everywhere.
    *Take the advice of a faithful friend.
    *Luck will visit you on the next new moon.
    *You will soon emerge victorious from the maze you’ve been traveling in.
    *Do not let great ambitions overshadow small success.
    *Happier days are definitely ahead of you.
    *A quiet evening with friends is the best tonic for a long day.
    *The respect and help of influential people will soon be yours.
    *Many successes will accompany you this year.
    *You are never selfish with your advice or your help.
    *Set the right example. It will inspire others.
    *Endurance and persistence will be rewarded.

Anyone that examines his or her life hard enough is sure ton find a few items that seem to fill most of these fortunes. The idea of the god, the universe, or some supernatural power prepping you for future events has a certain appeal, giving live a little oompf and extra meaning to this thing called life. You're searching for the meaning of existence, which is a good thing, but don't let wishful thinking and the desire for the fantastical cloud your judgment. Now I'm sounding like a modern-day fortune cookie, heh.

Default Re: Pei Wei Fortune Cookies

Thanks for the reply. In my message I used the word "almost" and said "almost every Pei Wei fortune cookie". The cookies
    are providing me with messages related to important decisions and things that I'm doing with my life.
    For example, one cookie was referring to an up coming job opportunity that involved a lot of money. Approximately 1 week
    after I opened that cookie I got a job offer that offered me much more money of what I'm making now.
    Days before I was going to start this new job I opened another cookie that said that I was going to a strange place and my
    perception was going to be renewed. The strange place the cookie was reffering to was this new job.
    I started this new job and by the 5th they I had to quit because I realized I made a mistake accepting the job. I will not
    go into details of what happened inside this new job. Luckily, I never resign from my previous job because I felt that I
    needed to test this new place before resigning the other job. The job offer was too good to be true. After resigning that
    new job my perspective was renewed.
    These are just 2 examples of many others.

The list of cookie sayings you posted are more like general things that can happen at any time. The cookies that I'm opening are more targeted to actions and things that are happening later and are related to important decisions I'm making.

Sometimes I feel I'm part of a spell.

Thanks again for the info.