Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default message from the grave

My sister recently died and had asked me to take care of her three teenagers, and to move into thier house to look after them, I have three children of my own so it wasnt feasable, not only that they are 2 eighteen year olds and a 23 yr old, they didnt need a nanny so after I had arranged the funeral and everything else that needed to be sorted, I took one girl home with me, the other went off to uni, and is very happy there, the boy went to prison, for something he had done previously, the house was left empty, so recently, i took the girls and we cleared it out, to sell, none of them wanted to live there, and all need the money for thier new lives, anyway, last night i had a dream, that i was at my sisters house putting a picture on the wall and it kept falling off and hitting me, then the nail fell out and that hit me too, Is she mad at me, and if so what can I do?

Default Re: message from the grave

IMO YES. she wanted you to give them a "home" to be able to go too, and you turn it into "cash" in which they will just spend... why don't you rent it out if they do not want to live there, that way they can have a little money at a time until they are wise enough... or they can borrow against a share of it..

Quote Originally Posted by shelleylewis View Post
    My sister recently died and had asked me to take care of her three teenagers, and to move into thier house to look after them, I have three children of my own so it wasnt feasable, not only that they are 2 eighteen year olds and a 23 yr old, they didnt need a nanny so after I had arranged the funeral and everything else that needed to be sorted, I took one girl home with me, the other went off to uni, and is very happy there, the boy went to prison, for something he had done previously, the house was left empty, so recently, i took the girls and we cleared it out, to sell, none of them wanted to live there, and all need the money for thier new lives, anyway, last night i had a dream, that i was at my sisters house putting a picture on the wall and it kept falling off and hitting me, then the nail fell out and that hit me too, Is she mad at me, and if so what can I do?
    Did you feel your sister's touch, did you hear her voice, or did you see her in your dream? If the answers are no, then this dream is not a message of any kind from your sister. This dream is a message from you to yourself. Pictures are about memories frozen in time. When something falls in a dream it regards a failing to maintain some noticeable or prominent position. Put these two together, your dream suggests the idea of not failing to maintain the memories associated with your sister's life. It describes how successful you believe you may not have been at maintaining the prominence of certain memories associated with your sister. This dream is about being more determined to maintain the prominence of your sister's memory in the life of her children and not bury them with her passing. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by DrmDoc; 05-04-2011 at 12:44 PM.
    "Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart; live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours." Dale Carnegie

If the dream is a message from your sister I'd say this means she's the opposite of mad.

Most of the time in waking life hanging a picture on a wall is something one does only if planning to stay there a while. If anything, the dream is telling you that your sister no longer sees her house as home to her children, and neither should you.

The picture represents the past. The nail represents the the part within that holds onto the memory of your sister. To me this dream says your sister's legacy is not the house itself. What's important are the memories you've made with her, the lessons she taught her children, and the love given--things her family can take with them in their hearts, souls and minds wherever they go . . . like a picture on wall that moves with a family from house to house.