Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Looking for the Lake

Hello, all, beginning to feel conspicuous! But I've been having several vivid dreams recently and as I'm new to dream interpretation, I'm turning to those more experienced for assistance. Thank you, as always, in advance for your thoughts and assistance.

In this dream, we've (the entire country) have been told that we are being taken over by aliens (of the extraterrestrial type.) The government is busy rounding us up and trying to put us all in "safe" zones, kind of like fenced-in compounds, much like exercise yards depicted in prison movies. I know I don't want to do this, so I'm trying to find alternatives. As I'm thinking about how to live without being confined to a safe zone, I am standing in a small lake with greenish-brown, silty water, about ankle. I notice air bubbles coming from small holes in the close to the shoreline and start to dig with my hands, at first finding very small shellfish (clams, oysters, scallops, etc.) I move into deeper water, about knee-deep, and the shellfish become much larger and luscious. My husband and another man are on the shore and I call to them to see what I've found. I tell them that we have a ready food source as long as we stay at the lake. My husband reaches in the water and pulls out a huge shell, but it is empty. I leave the small lake and the man shows me a rabbit. I then tell him that we need to get another rabbit to breed for food and ask him if the rabbit is a male or female. The man tells me that the rabbit is dead. So I say that we now need to find one male and one female rabbit and we are good for food.

The next thing I know, I'm in a line at the safe zone, waiting to get items for my breakfast. I'm issued a hard-boiled egg and a piece of toast. I sit at a picnic-style table in the compound and see a woman that I vaguely know approaching and invite her to share the table. She sits opposite me, to my right. I begin to offer her part of my breakfast, but see that she has the same things I do. While we are eating, I tell her of my dream of the small lake (yes, a dream in a dream) and ask her if she knows of such a lake, to which she replies she knows of several lakes. She agrees to show me where these lakes are.

We are next walking over hilly, beautiful county, very lush and green. My husband is with us and announces that he is known as the "advisor of the hills" or "in the hills" or something like that. I'm a bit confused by his announcement since we were looking for the lake to live at, not the hills. The lady leads us to a lake, but it is not the lake in my dream, which was solitary, private and secluded. This lake is large, grand, beautiful, with many rivers and streams branching off of it. We are standing in a very nice recreational area where several people are either living or camping. As I'm trying to decide whether to continue looking for the lake in my dream, the lady says "Look!" excitedly and points to a large, bright orange (my favorite color) tent-like shelter next to a travel trailer. I've never seen anything like it before and am quite intrigued.

The family who owns the structure welcome us and the husband shows us how he can take the structure down with one quick motion. When I ask if it is easy to erect, the wife shoos her husband away and puts it back up with one motion. When erected, there are two cots that are attached to the wall and two mesh hammocks above the cots. The husband and wife lie in the cots, beaming. I ask if the structure is indeed a fence, even though it is open on two opposite ends. They tell me that it is not a tent, but a sun and rain shade. I tell them that I need to somehow get one of these.

Then I wake up.

What was unusual about this dream was its length and detail, as well as the dream within the dream. Also, I was conscious of thinking in my dream, not merely observing or acting something out.

Again, I'd love to hear your take and thank you!

Default Re: Looking for the Lake

Hello, Jade.

Normally when we dream, our minds like to make things easy by condensing things down into little spaces, so if we go from room to room we change events, or from waking up from a dream. It may be like this is a way of changing a metaphor, or actually is a metaphor. I will more symbolize food as being knowlege, as you made the observation of food, but your husband held up a empty shell, while the other man held up a dead rabbit. I do know men transfere knowlege when they speak, its not about understand feeling though men can have their own way of understand feeling through Example.

This is how it is, but this may be how you want it. No one may ever be able to totally interpret this dream, not enough personal imput from you life to do that here. Everyone is attracted to their own ideals, when they see it, they know it. It may seem like a exceptable place, though what do we learn from others that we believe are like ourselves? If we like to be that way?

The dream does have some religous things in it, the river, the lake, the hills, and the tent. They all seem the outside attractions, the wow factor in location. In solving dreams, its the motivation of the person, and what they are doing, and what they are looking for.

peace and love in Jesus.

Wow I love dreams like this one. I agree a little bit with the holy diver post, but I don't understand it well enough to say how much I really agree. I do have something against giving any certain interpretation to someone elses dream, but they're fun to play with anyway.

So here's my idea. I was just wondering if you work in a place, or if a significant area of your life is sort of male dominated, or that can even be considered heavy with traditionally masculine values or traits. I just thought a work place because it popped in my head as a possible scenario, but either way, the dream definitely involves masculine/feminine, and maybe identity issues. It feels like maybe you feel confined (the prison) somehow by something to do with the masculine principle (like in yin/yang relationships, the active, pressing principle). It seems like that is why when you leave the water, where you've found a plentiful and renewable food source, and go follow the men in search of rabbits, you wake up back in the prison. But then the other woman (feminine principal) shows you to the lake. And maybe, the idea of your personal, private lake, versus the larger, social lake, is just a way of depicting your personal womanhood (or whatever women call it) and the bigger, more universal (social) essence or notion of femininity. And the husband, who is lord of the hills or whatever, which is irrelevant in the dream, I think reinforces all this.

I have no idea though, obviously, having only read it, but please let me know what you think of this... just out of curiosity as to whether I am any good at guessing about this sort of stuff. :)
    Last edited by Firefly; 07-30-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: I forgot a word.

This dream is more about relationship problems I would think. Eg: Jade goes to a lake and gets oysters, her husband reaches in but his shell is empty. (You know what oysters are supposed to represent.) Her husband's male companion finds a rabbit, but it turns out to be dead. (Rabbits are a symbol of fertility.) Jade is looking for a lake, but her husband likes the hills.

Don't really know what the aliens represent but anything from the sky seems to be about spiritual matters. Unnatural or unfamiliar spiritual matters maybe?

I agree with Chook, there is a lot of relationship symbols in this, dare I say sexual!?!
    I will only incriminate myself to explain, as a guy, what can I say...

I think it's about husband tending a little more on the "shallow Hal" side of the relationship.
    He's an expert on the hills... meaning he's not a leg man.
    What, I need to spell it out!?!
    I think the dream is about coaxing him into deeper waters (emotional, romantic, spiritual connection)

Looks like Jade is in the lead to bring husband out of his shell and eventually into deeper waters, (relationship)
    The dream says, "Hills" are part of his love language to get him there "in one motion"

Looking for a lake, are you looking for emotional support...
    something easy like a pop up tent that can take the heat and cold off you...
    as you feel trapped in by aliens /Government / bills...
    you are looking at a lake with small shellfish (clams, oysters, scallops, etc.) FISH FOOD
    Your husband WANTS the hill view (but no BIG clams $)
    You want a kid, but no! Right now is the answer. Says the rabbit...
    as you are in a campground community, as you look at the future ... orange

This is your view or out look on life at the moment
    Last edited by G-idk; 08-12-2011 at 01:49 PM.