Thread: The River

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default The River

Hello! I am a newbie and found this site when I was trying to interpret a vivid, joyous dream I had the other night...

I was flying over the land, looking for a river that I referred to as "my river." I found it in beautiful country, mountainous and heavily treed. The river was a deep cobalt blue, extremely beautiful, with many sharp twists and turns and bends. Parts of the river were narrow, others almost wide enough to be considered small lakes, parts that ran shallow and others that were very deep. I knew one area in particular was moderately deep and that lush green grass grew in the riverbed, and I had swum thought that part before -- it had been a joyous, peaceful and wondrous experience, and I was eager to do so again. But I couldn't at that time because my right foot had been surgically repaired recently -- it looked as if my foot had been severed just below my ankle and reattached. It was an ugly affair, but I was not concerned because I knew it would heal and relatively soon, then I would be able to swim in the river once again. I encouraged my husband to swim in the river even though I could not do so yet, but he was reluctant. I didn't let it faze me, though, but was happy knowing that I would be swimming in my river again and not too far in the future.

This might not be the right forum to post this dream in, but I believe this was a spiritual dream.

Any input would be appreciated, especially regarding the reattached foot.

Default Re: The River

Well it appears you lost your foot-ing at some point along the way.
    and for a season you could not set foot in your familiar place of fellowship as things got ugly.

If I were to guess, it sounds like you may have gone through a split of sorts
    and husband is not quite so ready to jump back in and go with the flow.
    Hmmm... you were cut off but your husband still feels the pain.

The river is the Spirit, that kind of Hydro therapy is inner healing and the best thing you both can do
    even if you just put your toes in or soak your feet.
    Naba = to Prophesy
    Daba = Kind Words
    Doo! = w/Enthusiasm!!!

Hello, Jade.

Looking for your river, could very well be a dream symbol for things you can do, but the place in the river could be what you prefere to do, or what your good at. Flying over the forest looking for your river may be symbolic of what your good at, and refering to the place in the river. Something you want to do, but are unable. If your foot has been healing, the dream symbol of loosing a foot may be symbolic of loosing a ability to do the things you like to do. The river can also be symbolic of hope of salvation, as in hope to salvage, and a foot also symbolic of support. Which brings us to your husband you tried to convince but wont. To sum up the dream im not so sure its about your foot so much as it is about your friendship. So your dream symbols are refering to marrige, and family and probabley the part you play within that, having lost your purpose, and getting that back.

Hope that helped.
    Peace and Love in Jesus.
    Last edited by holydiver; 04-21-2011 at 02:44 AM.

Thank you both, Naba Daba Doo and Holy Diver!

Yes, my husband and I split just after Christmas last year, and I've had lots of dreams since them with him in them since then, though for the most part, they are dark dreams. I recently saw him and it tore me apart again.

I am also trying to revive a career I gave up for family 13 years ago so I can support myself once again. Your comments about support, being cut off, reattached and healing...

I so much want to be able to achieve both, resurrect my career AND my marriage. I'm hoping my dream means I will be able to do both at some point in the near future.

Again, thank you, you've given me another perspective that I will consider carefully.

Jade

The river can represent life and the ups and downs of a marriage too. You will be smooth sailing for a time, then hit the rapids. Take your time and don't be overwhelmed by adversity. You will survive whatever conflicts come your way. Be happy and don't give up hope.

hmm sounds like found the right form, I hope you can get back into the river at some stage very soon as some rivers can be a little rocky in places.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

That's a great dream, with a river that seems like your spiritual journey in life...full of twists and turns as you may have explored or want to explore many different turns in the river. The deep blue color is also a sign of the deep spirituality you have been seeking. The broken foot (our base in life, our footing) that has been reattached after a very painful, not to mention disfiguring surgery, represents the future you had wanted to enter, maybe prematurely, as it was 'cut off' in a very unnatural manner which is so opposed to the rest of the lovely river scene. The right side often means the future and the left the past...so that in the field of your dream as well as if something appears on the left it is about your past (or if you see yourself looking to the left, you are looking to the past) and the right again is the future. You had explored the grassy place before...and want to go back to it. I am thinking this was a 'place' in your life of great spiritual fulfillment previously which you have never forgotten. If this has to do with career also, I would guess that you want to pursue a humanitarian or service type of field. Hubby does not feel ready (maybe he is the one who cut off your foot) but you have a feeling all will be well. And generally, in a spiritual sense, all will be well if we choose the highest path. Hope this helps.