Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Worldwide Storm & Jesus

I had this dream around 1990, give or take a year, and have shared it many times over. I still remember it in vivid detail. Although raised a Catholic, at the time of the dream I considered myself agnostic. The dream didnít convert me, in fact I became more atheistic in my beliefs, but it sometimes surfaced to nag at me. I converted a few years later, not because the dream, other events led me to Christ, but it may have played a role.

Anyway, here's what I dreamed:

Driving alone in the countryside as dusk fell I had the sudden urge to attend church services. This NEED felt foreign, but strongly compelled, I searched for a church and went into the first one that appeared along the way. The church building is simple on the outsideóa white clapboard facade, tall arched windows line the sides, a steeple and a cross at the top. I pull into its gravel parking lot. I go in and am surprised by the grand interior, which looks like a beautiful ornate great cathedral of oldólots of frilly dark word work, gold, marble and stained glass throughout. I kneel and say a few prayers without putting much thought into them, mechanical from rote the way I prayed as a child. Then I slide my rear butt into the pew to watch other men and women straggle in.

Organ music starts. In comes the procession, the only one I remember from the dream is the old priest with a wispy gray beard. He wears purplish/maroon robes with gold trim and a mitre on his head. He proceeds down the aisle carrying a golden staff. Iím slightly taken aback, not expecting so much pomp in a little country church. Mass begins, but my mind wanders.

There are two ledges in the church each with a life-sized bronze/copper statue on it. Mary is on one side, on the end, near the altar. Joseph or maybe Jesus(not sure) stands on the opposite ledge. The priest drones on and on and Iím kind of bored. Then outside a storm begins. The wind begins to whip and moan. I can see the outline of trees through the stain-glass windows. The wind becomes so fierce that tree trunks bow over and their top branches touch the ground.

Concerned about the outside storm, the worshippers inside tense, but scarier stuff begins to happen INSIDE the church. To my horror the statues of Mary and Jesus raise their hands up to the heavens and start to walk along the ledge. The congregation wails and screams. Although thereís widespread panic, people stay in the pews, kinda looking at each other, wondering what to do.
    The storm rages stronger. The earth itself starts to rumble. Violent shaking cracks the ceiling. Mass stops. The priest stands behind the pulpit. The people in the pews, including myself, are looking to him for guidance, but he looks as afraid as the rest of us. Suddenly, he bolts toward the doors at the back of the church and runs out into the storm. I remember feeling upset with him for doing this. Although there was nothing he could do, I thought he should stay. After he left, I felt completely abandoned.

The cracks in the ceiling of the church widen and the building starts to split apart. It's raining bricks. Weíre all gonna die!

I get down on my knees to pray. For some reason I know by instinct that if I can say, "Jesus, Mary, I love you," this will somehow help me. I try to say it but the words won't come out. Instead a dry, authoritative voice penetrates me saying, "You cannot say what you do not mean for God knows the truth in every man's heart." (BTW, Iím female, but I knew the voice was talking to me).

People are being crushed by falling debris as everything caves in. I know I'm going to be killed at any second. I don't recall actually dying, nonetheless, I find myself before God.

I don't see Him, yet I'm experiencing Him with senses beyond my eyes and ears. Standing before God as an impure creature isnít as wonderful as one might think. I am being judged. My life doesnít flash before my eyes. Specific sins don't spring to mind, but I sense my own darkness. I realize who I am, what I'm about, and Iím not so pleasant to behold. I try to plead my case before God, making excuses for the way I am, to explain why I did this or didn't do that, proving that my wretchedness and shortcoming arenít my fault. I am sure I can make Him understand, to see that Iím not all that bad. But things donít work like that here. God cannot be manipulated by words or clever arguments. There are no excuses, only truth. What I am in my heart speaks for me.

The setting is hard to describe. Everything is shades of gray. The floor is smooth and flat. Walls of fog rise up all around me. God is so very close. His attention is on me in an extreme way and I don't like it. Not one bit. Iím trembling, but I can't utter a single word in my defence. And I know the truth in my heart is . . . I don't love God. I've spent my whole life pursuing worldly things. But, surely, there is some love left within me. I love my family and friends, doesnít that count for something? But, as hard as I try to muster up love, as I stand before God, none will come. My own depravity astounds me. I hadn't realized the extent of it until now . . . when it's too late.

It's a black revelation to know with certainly that I don't belong to Him. I feel His rejection. I am not angry. I accept this, because it's the only way it can be. But, I'm afraid about what comes next.

To know time has run out, the jig is up, the test is over, the last card has been played, life is done, eternity is locked in place and my lot is hell, not heaven, is a devastating finality beyond compare. Itís the death of all hope.

I slip away into a darkness. Falling into an empty void of dark despair where God will be lost to me forever. I didnít love him, true, yet the loss of Him has emptied me of every joy and everything good . . . the sorrow is more than I can take . . . and the terror overwhelms me.

This is it, I'm going to hell. There's nothing more that I can do. It's too late. I can't believe it. Why did I let this happen? My lips form a silent scream. I canít believe it . . . I'm going to hell right now!

Everything turns black. Time passes, but I don't know how much. Fully expecting to wake up in hell, somehow Iím still on earth covered in dust and debris from the fallen church. The relief hasn't quite sunk in. I'm really confused. What happened?

I climb out of the rubble from the broken church and dust myself off. The only thing left standing is a few twisted girders. Hands and feet of corpses stick out of the bricks and mortar. Most people are dead, but a few like myself, mill around in a daze. It's a beautiful spring morning. The sky is shades of pink and gold. Twigs, leaves and wreckage from the storm litter the ground. No one speaks, but through an unusual form of communication we understand what's on each other's minds.

We know the storm was worldwideódestroying not just this little church, but every building across the world regardless of their purpose. Civilization itself has crumbled. The entire world should've ended, we few survivors realize, so why didn't it?

I wander around the outside of the church, aimless and confused, with other dazed survivors. Why didn't were some of us spared, I wonder. Why didn't God destroy the world once and for all?

As we survivors ponder recent events, Jesus comes out of the sky in all His Glory. For the first time ever, I see Jesus as the Living God. He is huge, luminous, full of power. Much different than how I pictured him prior--as a nice effeminate wimpy kind of fellow whoíd never hurt a fly.

The Jesus hovering over the world now is frightening and terrifying in His immense beauty, power and glory. Light streams from His heart, hands and feet. There is no longer any doubt in my mind. Jesus Christ is the Mighty, Everlasting God . . . Words fail me at how awesome a sight He is. Filling up the sky with His Majesty, overwhelmed I want to fall to my knees. But, my knees are frozen stiff as I gaze upward.

I still wonder, why some of us spared? As if in answer to my question a gigantic rosary materializes around Jesus. He is framed by the circle of beads. The cross hangs under His feet. Mercy excudes from Him and I know in an instant that God saved me because of the rosary--saved the world. Pressed into my mind is the knowledge that we survivors must begin to rebuild the church, and civilization itself, grounded in the truths we experienced this day.

End of Dream

I woke up in a sweat, heart pounding, wondering how I got back into bed. The dream was that real to me. To this day, even though it was a dream, I can say that the judgment therein was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me.

You'd think that I would have changed my evil ways--but for a long time, all I could think about is the terrible judgment and how God judged me fit for hell. I had never looked at God as being scary, but seeing Jesus in like this made me look at Him in a new way. It didn't match with the wouldnít-hurt-a-fly CCD version of God I learned about as a child. If He was Real, I thought, then He was scary and mean, and I didn't like what He was about. It took me a long while to focus on the fact He didn't destroy me or the entire world. He gave us a second chance and the rosary somehow played a part in the extension of His Mercy.

Thank you for reading. BTW, I shared this dream here several years ago, Iím thinking 2007 or 2008, but itís dropped off the site so this is a repost. Thanks for reading

Default Re: Worldwide Storm & Jesus

Someone being atheistic has a lot of words that pour out, it sounds like you have a good picture.

Dear morningstar; Welcome to dreamcentral. There is a man who does excellent research into extraterristial, extraterristial technologies, and in the Christian faith named William Henry. In his book entitled Mary Magdalene, the illuminator. On page 153 he states that Jesus Christ was a gluttonous man (fat) and a winebibber (or prone to alcoholism). In another book, altho I cannot locate it a present it was stated he had not only an uncontrollable temper but he also outright killed another boy when he was an adolescent. All these factors would point up to the fact he was most likely a candidate for the most unremarkable man in existance. What made Jesus so special was the access he had to advanced extraterristial technologies which indeed could make things occur out of midair. Even with the most diligent research we still cannot get detailed explanations of these technologies. What we do know is that not only the Egyptians but also a few select south american natives were able to lift mountanous stone and stone blocks using devices that produced sounds whether audible or inaudible. I recently got a shock when I read the Announaki or Angels were basically reptillian in nature. However they were very adept at shapeshifting so historically speaking there isn't much mention of that. When discussing this reptillian nature at a bookstore with a very knowledgeable clerk, she pointed out there was a series on the internet and T.V. called simply V the abc series which I,ve got to get into. Best regards, Bob

Thank you for taking the time to respond, G-idk.

I watched the mini-series "V" back in the 1980s when I was a kid, karmicresponse, I really liked it back then, but like William Henry's research, I treat it as mostly fiction.

Morning Star,
    Great Dream! and thanks for bringing it back up.
    Do you continue to have spiritual dreams?
    Naba = to Prophesy
    Daba = Kind Words
    Doo! = w/Enthusiasm!!!

Hi Naba-Daba-Doo!,

I've only had a handful over the course of my lifetime. It's been a long while since my last one and I have no way of knowing if another will come. I consider that particular dream the grandpappy of them all. The others were shorter, less detailed and didn't shake me quite like this one. Thanks for asking, BTW. :)

Ya, I think that was a pretty core belief dream that would stick with you. I started to write my dreams down and value them a little more in the process. Dreams have become more frequent and meaningful, and sort of a second language. I was wondering if you've noticed a progression in your dreams to see the loving relationship with Jesus after having the hell scared out of you... sometimes that's what it takes.
    You might like reading the thread... "So tell us [ you ], What was your most life changing dream?"
    I think there are more people than we would think have been directed or changed through dreams. It's really interresting to hear or should I say see how from their dreams.

Hell, Morning Star.

From my personal experiaces with God the father, and being placed in a situation like the one you speak of in your dream in RL, that would be a vieled condition and/or a hopless condition. That is the condition of being influenced by the devil to be decieved, and that condition has to be placed before you before anything else can happen. That would make you litterally have to pray your way out of that situation. But also God the father fully knowing that by giving you this dream, would seek out others who might know the meaning of it. That part gives you, what is called the truth seekers spirit. You will search high and low everyplace you can untill you are fully satisfied of the answers you get. I had also heard from some people that upon Jesus death, there were sever storms across the world that destroyed entire citys.

My experiance was that i had to overcome the beast, and i thought i was going to die being left in a hopless situation. That symbolizes the human condition of actually not knowing the truth. Praying to God and/or using Gods athority is the human condition of hope which is that also of salvation. Once the beast was defeated God broke the viel of coulds to speak to me, but not while i was sleeping, and there are awalys trees, because trees are the true people of God, and are not held within any building. The reason that is, is because of the truth seeker, searching out the evidance and each church falls for the lack of evidance. That atitude is what eventually leads the truth seeker to salvation. Its not untill you go from church to church, that you discover that you have to be rebaptized under there faith each time to change. The funny thing about that is it would seem that it only should take once, but they all claim to be the true church. The same for the bible, they each change the wording to conform to there belief.

What God the father did for me, was give me a very, very rare gift, as most people know it as the gift of knowlege, and even most who claim to have it dont have it. That doesnt mean im perfect, it means i might not be able to see what it is exacly im looking at, but can get close enought to describe it what it looks like. The gift of knowlge isnt exactly what its called, though its more like living the bible by the things i do in life, and the Holy Spirit happens to be attatched with it all. Its all in the purpose of why we do things, and mine happens to be seeking out God. Most everyone doesnt do that, there hole purpose not wanting to be like God but something else. So pretty much people are given the keys to heaven, though they dont know it, and so dont know what to use those things for.

My personal experiances with God the father, and Jesus are that of two seperate people. God is not Jesus, and Jesus is not God. The reason we are all brothers and sisters is because we all come from God our creator, but think of it more in a family sence. Jesus was chosen among all the brothers and sister because God knew he would be able to resist temptation out of all of us. This is also why we are goint heirs in christ. Half of heaven fell because lucifer wanted to enslave the world so none could return to God, and they were the ones who can not be born. Once we are born and know right from wrong it is our sole duty to discover how to return to heaven, because this is what God asked from all of us. Adam was the one who fell for temptation, he was a man, and Jesus was a man, who did not fall for temptation. Adam was the reason for the laws of Moses, and Jesus was the completion of that law. Instead of everyone seeing how to treat others, they threw blame, so crusified Jesus to free a sinner. To this day Jesus name remains a curse for blame because the views remain the same. Jesus living by example did in his power to show everyone how to be saved, by his deeds of action, and help from God, the same as everyone has to do. Faith without works is dead. In the end there will be people that you would think that shouldnt been saved, and people who are not saved you would think should have been, and that because of the devils work on earth to hide the truth from everyone.

When God finally showed me the truth, a story much like that of enoch, i was very angry and upset because God had promised me. In his wisdom he waited for certain event in my life to unfold so that i would be able to recognize it when he showed it to me. Because my thinking was so alien to his about how to think of him, he had to do those things in order to change me. This is the case with almost everyone. Its actually better for God to change someone who hasnt ever heard about him, than it is to change someone who has. Thats how alien we are to God. I had thought that everyone like myself was dead, all i could do is read about them. I was totally amazed at what God showed me, and for that reason i cant tell anyone what he showed me. Those who dont know will tell you, but those who know wont, they instead show you by example of what they have done and what they do. God likes to give examples with people, this is why they are remembered in the bible to show they did what God wanted.

Peace and love in Jesus.

I was wondering if you've noticed a progression in your dreams to see the loving relationship with Jesus after having the hell scared out of you... sometimes that's what it takes.
    Naba-Daba-Doo!,

I've never really thought about that before. The answer would be yes. You've given me something more to ponder, :).

My personal experiances with God the father, and Jesus are that of two seperate people. God is not Jesus, and Jesus is not God.
    holydiver,

Seems like our experiences are opposite, then again, maybe not. From early on the church has taught that Jesus and the Father ARE two seperate people, yet at the same time they're one God. Sounds like you reject the notion of the Trinity though--which is explained something like this: the Son is begotten of the Father by an eternal generation, and the Holy Spirit proceeding by eternal procession from the Father and the Son. Although of different origin, the three Persons are co-eternal and co-equal and omnipotent. In my dream I saw Jesus as a Person, yet I had no doubt He was also God. When I had the dream in waking life I leaned heavily toward the idea that reincarnation, gods, and/or the Trinty sprung from the imagination of people scared to face the fact that once they died, that was it. All awareness ceased. The afterlife was simply fanciful thinking. I'd given up on the existance of anything divine at all.

Your journey is an interesting one, holydiver. That's the trouble with private revelation like ours. One person swears by one truth, the other swears by another. Relativism is the popular position today, that anything and everything is true, just so long as somebody says it is. I don't buy into that belief. Many do, but as a Christian I find it important to place public revelation over any private one. If a someone's acclaimed private revelation conflicts with the deposit of faith, such as what God has revealed through Scripture, then I must reject it. I agree with much of what you wrote though.

My personal experiances with God the father, and Jesus are that of two seperate people. God is not Jesus, and Jesus is not God.

I believe God works in mysterious ways and no one in this earth will totally know the truth, as every religion is saying that the true church is theirs and what they believe is the only way to heaven, no one fully knows where we actually go when we die. I have a private revelations and I believe they are divine messages. We are not expecting everybody to believe in our own belief/religion. I have seen many disasters in my dreams; 2 tsunamis already happened, wars is happening and I got a feeling that a Third World War is about. I saw the Crucifix shedding tears and I asked the Holy Spirit why, the answer "A big catastrophe is coming". The Virgin Mary told me to get ready "Heat wave, heavy rain and strong flood are coming" I told the people in my dream, they mocked and laughed at me, disasters did come in my dream, many died, some followed me in a safe place, dream ended while we were thanking the Virgin Mary and praying to God. Sometimes I woke up in dreams of earthquakes. My message is not only to Catholics and Christians but to all people of the world to unite to have LOVE & PEACE. Honesty, Forgiveness and Repentance and Living with the Almighty God our Lord everyday is our Salvation. Our relation with Him, If we Trust & Love Him we have no fear for whatever disasters will come.