Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Horrible recurring dream.

This dream, has woken me up many times in the past.. month? It generally go's as follows: Im in the middle east, in the military. A few guys and myself begin to aggressively search a large apartment building with the same layout as the one I just moved away from. door to door, room to room the place is empty. We come to my old room and hear people moving inside. Im told to throw a grenade through the door.. upon entering there is my family, my ex, and my dog lying atop one another, dead, mutalated and covered in dust/rubble. after a few seconds of staring at this in shock (everytime it is shocking) I wake up in a cold sweat. How the hell do I stop having this dream? it really puts a damper on the rest of my day and its becoming an every night thing.

I only play an FPS game once in a blue moon (had a few people think this is whats causing the dream)
    Have ambitions to join the military but have never been in any combat scenario involving a firearm (its been asked)

Default Re: Horrible recurring dream.

Are you doing anything in your life that conflicts with what your heart tells you is right? In other words, are you making decisions only with your head and ignoring your heart?

Not really, no. Sorry:P

Hello, justice82nd.

The key to the dream is most likley you being told what to do, which in the dream brings out a feeling of loss, and maybe because your wanting to spend more time with them. Along that line, though more unfinished things like broken bridges that you might not be able to cross back over. This all goes for resolving the problems we face in life, and the trauma it causes us. Thats the problem with unresolved issues is we are not supposed to have them because we hold a hidden anger within us that need to be resolved which can not be by any normal method. Our mind will keep putting us back, even in real life, not just in dreams to resolve it. Each time it gets worse because we havent come to terms with what caused the problem in the first place. Most of the time it can be simple lies that our parents tell us, that it doesnt matter as long as two people love each other. Im only trying to help, and though i dont know you i do share the male personality traits, we all have in common. Your choices may be different, and what your feeling for those choices you have made in your life, but all men share them in common if they have gone through the same things.There are good people and bad people and one way of telling them appart is by the end justifying the means. Its just a excuse to get what they need when they want it, and if we dont give it to them they simply seek it from someone who will, either that or use that to take it from you. Once you get to the real reason within yourself, and blame yourself that your choices caused the problems, then the dreams will go away. People will come and go out of your life, and how that effects you depends on you, and how you let them in. You can learn self defence, but using it in life depends on who your around. We as men dont have to be mean about anything, but we are not going to let people take what we have either, and if everything is in order they wont be able to take as much as they think they can. We as men often feel our hole world is lost if we loose our family, and life for some men may even come to a end because of that. For those men i always tell them not to do anything stupid, there life isnt there own, someone always needs them. Im sure you will be fine, and the dream will go away.

Peace and love in Jesus.

Sometimes we know instinctively what's right or wrong and you're best off trusting in your hunches to get you through a dark period. Perhaps you fear conformity and you are better off just avoiding someone who is a bad influence on you in real life. Try to think for yourself.