Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Cool Thought I'd give this a try.

I just joined the other day here, so thought I'd write a little something.
    I've been reading alot of the posts, was wondering when this site was created, and why can't we see the member list?? (I guess that is a Q for Palehorse?)

I haven't dreamt much lately I think because when I do fall asleep I'm exhausted and am out for the count. I've always thought our dreaming happens just before deep sleep.
    Alot of time when i am trying to fall asleep I'll try to think of something pleasant, be it a nice day I had, or something fun I'd like to do. As a kid I remember when I was scared, you know just afraid like all little kids get (I think) especially when I thought of bad things(boogeyman in the closet type things), I'd envision my favorite stuffed animal, which was a dog, "Fluffy" walking down the street. I had some horrible nightmares as a child really. Before drifting off, or maybe just as I were, I'd envision something horrible and wake myself up, hug my lil animal and think of something sweet(such as him and I walking down the street.)
    Anyone else have/had something similar they may have used as a child to ward off bad dreams?
    Now I think of people I love, and even though I'm not religious. I do pray, pray something hears me and protects the ones I love, etc.

Sometimes I don't sleep much at all though, nights like tonight.
    Usually I get a couple hours here wake, couple more then wake.
    Strange I can't remember a recent dream but I cannot.
    Hope others are happy dreaming,
    belva

Default Re: Thought I'd give this a try.

So anyone else have or have had something that they relied on to ward off nightmares?

Quote Originally Posted by belva View Post
    So anyone else have or have had something that they relied on to ward off nightmares?
    Yoga and meditation before bedtime. Yoga relaxes the body and meditation clears the mind--seems to work for me:)
    "Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart; live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours." Dale Carnegie

Dear Belva, Welcome to dreamcentral. Both my younger brother and I had stuffed panda bears on our beds to keep us company. I don't think they were there to ward off evil so much as a prop for sleeping on ones side like a body pillow. Now that you mention it I may just put a panda stuffed bear on my shopping list for company at night again. Best regards, Bob

I try to clear my mind of all thought, not an easy thing to do trust me. As a child I probably spent alot of time with my head hidden under the covers. I was pretty sure something lived under my bed and I think this fueled many fearful dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by karmicresponse View Post
    Dear Belva, Welcome to dreamcentral. Both my younger brother and I had stuffed panda bears on our beds to keep us company. I don't think they were there to ward off evil so much as a prop for sleeping on ones side like a body pillow. Now that you mention it I may just put a panda stuffed bear on my shopping list for company at night again. Best regards, Bob
    I might try this out