Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Following/perv/rape dream?

I have been having very weird dreams recently and I have been having dreams where the same man is following me and trying to rape me.

Last night I had one of these dreams..
    I was walking to a leisure centre an this man came up to me (for some strange reason in my dream I thought he was my great uncle) and he grabbed hold of me and tried to kiss me, I managed to get away and went into the leisure centre to go swimming, after swimming I walked back into the changing rooms to see the man standing there and trying to grab me, so I run back out into the swimming pool area and am crying and there is no one else there and I am stuck as this man is getting gradually closer, that's when I woke up.

I woke up and felt physically sick with fear and This man has come up in dreams before

What does it mean?

Default Re: Following/perv/rape dream?

I would say that you feel like someone is around that might be looking at you as a sexual partner and somehow your picking up on this and since you don't know the person or the intentions, you fear is what is causing this kind of dream. Always think the worst. Though it would be hard to really know as little is known of you or your background. I hope this helps.

Dear chesnut12: Welcome to dreamcentral. It would appear to me that you are feeling victimized and that process is ongoing. However you should be aware that dreams are loaded with symbols and those symbols are somewhat intentionally exaggerated to get your attention. In my opinion the man stalking you represents a composite of a situation you are finding yourself in, wherein you are feeling victimized. In other words it would be wise not to focus or fear the man himself, but rather put some energy into the discovery of the situation the man is a symbol of. I hope this interpretation will allow you to relax a little more in your dreamwork. Best regards, Bob

Firstly, I would ask, has anyone close to you that you trust warned you about risky behaviour on your part? Maybe things you wouldn’t have considered worrying until they levelled their concern with you – like jogging with personal stereo headset in at night or something? Other people’s concerns might have gotten into your head on a subconscious level, and somewhere on a subconscious level, you might be contemplating the validity of them and they are scaring you.

Rape might also be a metaphor for intrusion of some kind – perhaps a line of questioning, or someone nosing in on your private life in a way that frightens you (because you don’t want them to know that much about you). Consider the characteristics of your great uncle – is there someone with similar characteristics taking too much of an interest in you, or your life right now?

Perhaps also you may have heard a story in the local news that has touched you on a deep level – perhaps you saw someone you didn’t like the look of, albeit briefly, and they made an impression on you, which your subconscious transformed into a ‘larger than life’ dream monster.

Above all though, I have to ask, what is this walk to the leisure centre like? If it is deserted and dark, perhaps taking transit or a car is best, at least, until you stop having these dreams? If they are recurring with greater frequency, they must be worrying you a little – maybe do something proactive so you can worry less during your waking hours.

All the best.
    FDL2