Thread: Dream of water

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Dream of water

It has been some time since i had this dream but i remember it vividly. The dream started out, i was driving, following someone to a new job. I was in my friends big red truck. It was storming. The person who i was following got off on an exit but i kept going straight, like it was shorter to go to the next exit, then i came to a part where the road was out, like a bridge had fallen in and cars had fallen into the water. People were trying to get out of thier cars and try to swim, i could see them in the water. Although the gap was really wide i decided to try to drive fast and pick up enough speed to make it to the other side. So i drive into the open space and get about half way through and lost momentum. At that time i started to think that i would have to try to get out of the truck. (you know that point when you throw something into the air and it reaches its peak, stops, then begins to fall) i came to the stop and just as the truck was getting ready to fall a huge wave came and lifted me to the other side. I got back on the road and kept driving again only to get lost and never made it to the job. I ended up running into dead ends inside of a mall driving a power wheel like truck. I was stumped my this dream. I searched dream dictionaries only to find things about clear or muddy water. I don't know if the water was clear of muddy. In addition to that i hadn't seen or talked to my friend with the truck in around a year at that time.

Default Re: Dream of water

Dear Terica Austin: Welcome back to dream central. Thats a very adventurous and vivid dream you had. The imputeous or crux of the dream content appears to be a continuing stream of segments of which disorientation is the focal point. You might take a look further down the posts to a dream entitled "late to school" and the reply I made to that one. The circumstances of both dreams appear to be similar. Dreams are not suppossed to be interpreted literally but are most often exagggerations of issues we are working on in our daylight, conscious, waking hours. Dreams also see into fourth demensional energies (that is of the future) on personal, local, state, regional, nation, and/or celestial levels. In my opinion due to the vividness of the dream I would say it was due to your perception of oncoming fourth demensional energies. I would therefore give it a 50-50 chance that the region you reside in is about to experience some major flooding on the near event horizon. Or that the waters you observed people being caught up in was really the cosmic sea of electro-magnetic energies. If its the cosmic sea those other people will become just as disoriented as you were. This dream to my way of thinking packs a terrific whallup. It will be interesting, in the future, to see if you get further qualification of this dream, or if other dreams tend to dove tail with it. Best regards, Bob

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

How did you end things with that particular friend? Was it that you just drifted apart due to lack of time, rather than a big bust up about something significant? If so, perhaps this maybe is from their point of view, or a dream about empathizing with their journey. Otherwise, as your friend is part of your past, so too could this dream represent your own past.

Trucks, like cars, to me signify independence. However, unlike cars, trucks also have the capacity to carry far more than just passengers. Sometimes they carry supplies (useful skills, traits for our daily life) for ourselves or others, other times they are used to carry junk (bad habits, outgrown ways of thinking). If they are carrying junk, it’s best they take it to the dump quickly, or they’re carrying around a lot of unnecessary baggage to the expense of carrying useful stuff. Likewise with people, it’s best we deal with our problems so that we can help ourselves and others more efficiently.

But this is a truck (seemingly) without cargo. So perhaps this represents an ability to help others that somehow has not been realised yet. Initially, the truck is following someone else (some kind of directions, societal expectations, instructions of family or friends), but then you take a short cut because you think you can get where you’re going quicker. What a good metaphor for going one’s own way!

Of course, the road less travelled has its own set of challenges. Maybe what worked for others (bridge) wont work for you (bridge collapsed). Maybe you can see the pitfalls of going a certain way (people in the water) but you really want to see for yourself, regardless of what your gut is telling you. Before you’ve even really tried to take this ‘leap of faith’ however, it seems you’ve already lost faith in it/don’t believe you can do it (truck stops in mid-air) and you start to bail.

Whether its the hand of God, providence, or your own willpower, something picks you up and carries you to the other side, regardless. So you survive this period of adversity, but now you’re late... you miss your job... perhaps this is a sense of ‘missing your purpose’ somehow... but as long as you have breath to live, you can seek it. I think a lot of us are still pondering life’s meaning years on... I often was quite jealous of those who knew exactly “what they wanted to be when they grew up” in high school. Sometimes you need to get lost to get found (to renew your focus on what is important to you and what is not).

You’re going through a maze in a very overpowered vehicle – from this I feel an air of impatience. Perhaps it might be better to get out and walk? Or at least stop the car and check the GPS... maybe if you’re forcing something it’s not the right way, for now?

Good luck!
    FDL2

It sounds like you were following someone in a new direction and thought you knew a short cut, but found out that the road you took was block and a higher force pushed you swiftly past that point as you were about to lose control and you made it to the other side, only to not really know where you at or which way to go, as you never been someplace and there is no signs G-idk.

Hi,
    You were chasing a friend means he/she will overcome you for a while.
    You flew with your car means you will have a travel soon.
    A river means a great man for whom a few people work.
    Dreams are scenes of daily day happenings in real life when interpreted will come and pass.This may happen in the near future in a few days to a month or two.
    People are asleep, when die they will wake up.
    42. God takes the souls at the time of their death, and those that die not during their sleep; then He withholds those on whom He has passed the decree of death and sends the others back till an appointed term; most surely there are signs in this for a people who reflect.

I think all dreams and visions come into our lives when we really need them maybe you are going through some troubles that you are struggling to overcome in your life and this dream was a way for your subconscience to reveal to you that you are ready to over come this task and you can do it. That you may have a few bumps in the road but eventually after getting lost a few times you can find your way?