Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default 'I told him that I had pictured... red. Fire. People being tortured.'

I just got up from this dream an hour ago.

I was in a office-type room with a very handsome, tan man in a business suit. I don't know why but he was asking me about my image of Hell. I told him that I had pictured... red. Fire. People being tortured. He had smirked at me and gone on to tell me that Hell wasn't like that and he was going to take me there.

In the dream, I hesitated but went on and followed him to an elevator. In the elevator, he did not press any buttons or do anything. The elevator disappeared and I was in a room that was all white and people were standing around. He told me that he decided that I wasn't ready to see and he told me that he needed me to be ready. As he was explaining this to me, I watched people getting sucked in to holes that would just appear under them.

He held my hands and stared into my eyes and told me that I didn't need to be afraid. Then we were in that same office, ....having sex.

Default Re: 'I told him that I had pictured... red. Fire. People being tortured.'

A few ideas...

The image I’m getting of the guy in the dream is almost like a seducer – perhaps not even sexually, but more with words and concepts. Are you feeling something is ‘too good to be true’ right now? Perhaps you haven’t fully committed to it yet (you don’t feel ready), but you feel slightly uneasy about it even though you also feel you probably have nothing to worry about?

A question that springs to mind: are you religious? If so, perhaps this dream has a spiritual meaning – i.e. you feel guilt at wanting to ask questions about the faith... perhaps you are thinking everything cannot be as absolute as set out in religious texts etc. Perhaps God is in the details... etc. Sometimes religious themes pop up for me in times of crisis, though I am not devout, I think the religion of my birth appears in dreams sometimes when I am ruminating on questions of morality/the meaning of life constantly in waking hours.

This might also be a dream where the tan man in a business suit is a part of yourself (animus – ‘masculine inner personality’ *see Jung psychology*) that only really gets to speak and be listened to in sleeping hours. His asking you what your perception of hell was – perhaps that was more of a metaphor for, “What exactly are you scared of? Picture the worst that can happen, and let me show you the reality instead...” His character might be the daring part of you that comes out once in a blue moon, though is mostly hidden away by societal norms and politeness. Red is a colour of danger, commonly, but also of passion, and yes – of fire. Where’s your passion/spark/fire lately? Are you generally overly cautious? If it feels like life might be at a standstill right now, perhaps the man in the tan suit is needed to help you face your fear and conquer it? Or, at least, put it into perspective.

Remember, here in dreams, we are able to experience so much without real risk to ourselves. It’s a good playground for practising things, if we are able to dream lucidly, otherwise, we can possibly experience a nightmare, or many nightmares – but having woken up from them, after getting over the shock, we can say, “I survived that... maybe I can survive something else too...”

The elevator – did it go up or down? Perhaps it doesn’t matter, but generally escalators/elevators/staircases in dreams feel to me like rises and falls in awareness or situations in life. So perhaps this is neither signifying a rise or a fall, but just a lesson you need to focus on for a while. An office is an interesting environment in dreams – normally they are where important meetings take place. This could be your important meeting with your unspoken self. Your making out at the end could be a metaphor for a successful conclusion to you incorporating all of your parts (conscious and shadow) and growing as a person.

You were also told you needed to be ready – from this, I think of the phrase, “When the student is ready, the teacher will come”. Ask yourself, what are you waiting for exactly? If anything?

People being sucked into holes – what a striking image. A white room makes me think of almost a heavenly space, something bright, something fresh and new. The holes might be representative of the life lessons you get pulled into now and then... seemingly they come out of nowhere and then ‘bam!’ – before you know it, you’ve ‘grown’ again. If you can approach the dream lucidly next time, you might want to ask the man where they go exactly... or jump down one yourself?

Good luck!
    FDL2

Default Re: 'I told him that I had pictured... red. Fire. People being tortured.'

Office=symbolizes your mind, as in general non-physical work is performed in an office. An office can actually symbolize your work / career.

Man dressed in suit=your masculine side

Hell= Self condemnation, guilt, frustration, One interpretation of such dream is that you're having endless problems that seem unending at this point. Another is that you no longer have control over your life, it's "someone else's" issue right now.

Red, Fire, People tortured= vengence, jealousy, temper, suggests that you are castigating yourself for your own failures and wrong doings. Red is to keep you on solid ground.

Elevator= indicative of you being able to travel between the spirit world, the elevator disappearing, means you are not going anywhere spiritually, and you must get your elevator to move upward or ascend.

White room, w/people standing around= Your spiritual activities. This suggests that your spiritual psyche needs to reach a point of merger, you will be getting there soon.

People getting sucked down holes= You are lacking inner spirituality.

Holding hands= reflecting the conscious mind. You are holding onto too much during waking reality, You are being asked to look deeper into your subconscious to help you heal from the emotions you hold and project while you are awake..

Having sex= get in touch with your male side.. meaning.. Confidence, belief in yourself, feeling worthy of the space you occupy, career and spiritual healing work through your male side..

...remember that there is no real such place as Hell, God would never ever destroy the soul.. which is the very reason for all of existence and creation itself.... hell is within our own self. when we go to "hell", we are wallowing in our own guilts and frustrations and self condemnation.

I think this dream is warning you to focus on those male traits, and not to let your female aspects bog you down, meaning the female persona in us, can hold us back from our spiritual side, and the masculine side wants to manifest and come out and show in your personality. You must let go of any guilt or frustration, also we can be very self critical, this is trying to help you work on being a more solid and stable person spiritually within yourself.
    Row, Row, Row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily life is but a dream....

Hi I'm a newbie here! Just thought i'd add my thoughts...

I dont believe all dreams are spiritual, but this one may be. If you are or have been in the past a spiritual person, could it be that you feel you are being seduced to compromise your faith/beliefs?

Also I felt the holes could represent others who have been led into a trap and whomever this person is or represents shouldnt be trusted.

Layla

Dea MissxMustang, Welcome to dreamcentral. Dreams are not supposed to be interpreted literally but are most often exaggerations of issues we are working on in our daylight conscious waking hours. Dreams also see into fourth demensional energies (that is of the future) on personal, local, state, regional, nation, and/or celestial matters. In my opinion your dream is a reflection of your desire to be enthralled by a debonare person in a business suit. Most generally our thoughts do project energies into our homes, places of work, and social settings. The energies our thoughts project attact and/or repel the energies of other people. I wanted to stop and do a dissertation of hell. The concept of Hell and or Satan is purely an invention of the Christian church for their own personal self motivations. In legends, real or fabricated, there usually is an element of truth to the legend, that truth is manipulated, exaggerated, and blown way out of proportion in any effort to gain a wider public audience. Many thousands of years ago when the extraterristials known as announaki or angels visited earth they used genetically modified human inhabintants to mine gold for them in the hot stramy gold mines of Africa, as they used genetically modified humans to work in the garden of eden. Needless-to-say the experience of working in the garden of eden was a much better experience than the mines of Africa. At any rate the concept of hell stems from the involuntary servitude earthlings had in working in the hot steamy gold mines of Africa. The genetic modifications were necessary to give earthlings the mental capacities to hear and interpret verbal commands. Now that we have the concept of hell defined lets move on to the concept of the kingdom of heaven. The kingdom of heaven is the experince of living in a highly charged area of light-radio energy area of space known as the photon belt. As our solar system is currently entering this area of space we are entering into the kingom of heaven. Neither the christian church, nor christian hierachy, nor any other religion, or other religous hierachy has any control of where our solar system is in space-time, it should pretty much go without saying. In my opinion folks who allow religious institutions set standards for them is basically allowing the champions of information manipulation to tell them whats up. In other words its tacit permission to enter into socially condoned insanity. Best regards, Bob