Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default First Lucid dream?

It didn't start out lucid...

I was on a river with a young boy I just met, his name is Jordan. It was some kind of tourist activity, we were on a paddle boat. The current was not noticeable, couldn't tell if we were going up or down stream. The water was muddy, could have been a long narrow lake. we were following the shoreline and coming around overhanging trees and a corner.

We were making small talk and casually paddling, I think He asked, "are we there yet?"
    I could see the rest of our tour group had pulled their paddle boats up on a bank. They had already exited the boats. I assumed this was where we were to stop for a break and have lunch further up the bank. I assured the boy "There they are." we had been lagging behind.

(OK, all that part was my normal style dreaming) then...

as I continue to focus on the bank or sandy shore... it was either the momentum of the paddle boat or the very gentle current had carried me right in front of this landing point. I realize I am not in the paddle boat any longer but somehow just in spirit form above the water. I'm sort of like walking on water. The boy I was with on the paddle boat still hadn't arrived yet. I had gone ahead.

The detailed focus on the sand and shore seems to be very important. At this point I realize I am "awake" and this is the Jordan river. the paddle boats are no longer there but some other type boats. I believed this to be the time when Jesus was there.

I still was focused on the sand or the shore and thought of a question to ask...
    "Jesus, show me your footprints"

I tried to focus in on the sand a little more, I think I was too excited to have a lucid dream and actually ask a question in it. I didn't see clear foot prints but more like dry sand divets, knowing this was where Jesus walked. and then I woke up.

Any thoughts??? How real was that !?! and walking on water!!!
    as Erkle would say...............Did I do that? :shrug:
    Naba = to Prophesy
    Daba = Kind Words
    Doo! = w/Enthusiasm!!!

Default Re: First Lucid dream?

Ya, playing it safe so far.
    Jesus said He did only what the Father was doing
    so I thought it would be safe to follow in Jesus footsteps.:creep:

Quote Originally Posted by Naba-Daba-Doo! View Post
    It didn't start out lucid...

I was on a river with a young boy I just met, his name is Jordan. It was some kind of tourist activity, we were on a paddle boat. The current was not noticeable, couldn't tell if we were going up or down stream. The water was muddy, could have been a long narrow lake. we were following the shoreline and coming around overhanging trees and a corner.

We were making small talk and casually paddling, I think He asked, "are we there yet?"
    I could see the rest of our tour group had pulled their paddle boats up on a bank. They had already exited the boats. I assumed this was where we were to stop for a break and have lunch further up the bank. I assured the boy "There they are." we had been lagging behind.

(OK, all that part was my normal style dreaming) then...

as I continue to focus on the bank or sandy shore... it was either the momentum of the paddle boat or the very gentle current had carried me right in front of this landing point. I realize I am not in the paddle boat any longer but somehow just in spirit form above the water. I'm sort of like walking on water. The boy I was with on the paddle boat still hadn't arrived yet. I had gone ahead.

The detailed focus on the sand and shore seems to be very important. At this point I realize I am "awake" and this is the Jordan river. the paddle boats are no longer there but some other type boats. I believed this to be the time when Jesus was there.

I still was focused on the sand or the shore and thought of a question to ask...
    "Jesus, show me your footprints"

I tried to focus in on the sand a little more, I think I was too excited to have a lucid dream and actually ask a question in it. I didn't see clear foot prints but more like dry sand divets, knowing this was where Jesus walked. and then I woke up.

Any thoughts??? How real was that !?! and walking on water!!!
    as Erkle would say...............Did I do that? :shrug:
    That sounds so cool !

Had some more thoughts about this dream...
    In real life, a dear old friend passed away last week. I met his grand son Jordan, as extended family flew in to say goodby. The boy was pretty close to his grampa.

I think I was viewing the lucid part of the dream from the grampa's eyes, "in Spirit" as I went on ahead. (died)
    It goes along with symbolism of crossing over, river Jordan, other side, other shore, golden shore. As well as he was going on to be with Jesus and follow where he went.
    Naba = to Prophesy
    Daba = Kind Words
    Doo! = w/Enthusiasm!!!

Hey, I have some more to add to this dream story... last night I "Happened" to discover a very cool verse from the Big Book...
    the book of Daniel and it's talking about end times...

Then I, Daniel, looked, and there before me stood two others, one on this bank of the river and one on the opposite bank. One of them said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, "How long will it be before the astonishing things are fulfilled?"
    The man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, lifted his right hand and his left hand toward heaven, and I heard him swear by him who lives forever, saying, "It will be for a time, times and half a time. When the power of the holy people has been finally broken, all these things well be completed."
    I heard but I did not understand. So I asked, "My Lord, what will the outcome of all this be?"
    He replied, "Go your way, Daniel, because the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end... You will rest, and then at the end of days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance. (so is Daniel having a lucid dream here?)

I was excited to have these verses confirm my dream setting (Jordan River) and being (above the water) and talking about end times (the funeral I went to) my old friend crossing over to the other side.

So is Daniel having a lucid dream here?

At the funeral I mentioned I had a hard time picturing my friend "Resting" knowing him, I think he just got his second wind and was now poking angels in the side and telling jokes... "Did you hear the one about"... he was quite a fun loving jokester.

To confirm all this even more my friends name was Daniel.

All these things lining up may not mean much to others... I'm sure they can be rationalized and explained away... I just thought I'd let you know how I see things and what really winds my clock. :rockwoot:
    Naba = to Prophesy
    Daba = Kind Words
    Doo! = w/Enthusiasm!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Who View Post
    "GO DANIEL!". Just like him to send you your first Lucid dream.

Maybe that is the footprint :shrug:
    Thanks for stopping by...

Sometime you have to "Dare to be a Daniel" or at least go along for the ride.

I see you found all the new toys in the toybox... apparently not too big a deal to approve special requests. Maybe you should put in your 2 cents.:cell:

good stuff, My granny and my dad both visited me after they passed. So I know it can happen. Maybe you're friend Daniel was trying to comfort you and assure you that he has followed the footprints, and he is happy in the new realm.
    The only thing you cannot get back, regain, buy or own is... TIME ...

Jordan is the name of a river.... the name meaning is “one who descends” or “down flowing”. You might not go by name meanings, but if this name means something to you then go with your meaning. The muddy water, the narrow lake... I’m thinking you might feel a little bit confused as to which direction to go.... i.e. it’s not all clear to you yet. The upcoming corner... again perhaps a sign of not knowing what is ahead. Trees I think of knowledge... old knowledge... that they are overhanging this water is perhaps a sense of feeling something wiser is watching over you.
    That you were lagging behind the rest of the boats makes me think that you are perhaps concerned with being left behind/missing something in your waking life. The boy – Jordan – might be a sort of ‘inner child’ essence who speaks the truth you might not be comfortable admitting in waking hours.
    The gentle current makes me think of the belief in a good God or divinity watching over you. Despite your best intentions, this benevolent force is giving you ‘tailwind’ to achieve this idea or project you have been hoping to come to fruition, quicker. That you are walking on water, suggests to me that you will master the inconceivable (currently) emotions that you are experiencing, with the help of belief.
    I just recalled! The river Jordan is the site where John the Baptist did much of his work. Maybe you are looking for blessing in a new stage of your life. You are seeking out Jesus (the one who saves) to give you confirmation that this is the right path?
    I think maybe you might try lucid dreaming again and pursue that line of thought. How exciting! Also, think what is positive or negative in the endeavour you are trying to embark on right now? You might answer your questions a little yourself...
    FDL2