Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Did someone change the title of this thread on purpose? Well I was initially a bit startled but I guess they do this for new-ish members? :)

For me... I have many odd dreams, but the one that lasted in my mind the most (I'm not sure if it's necessarily life-changing) was I was out in the forest at night - in the middle of the forest, along with few other people I didn't know, and we were all on top of a truck and the midnight sky was filled with pink stars EVERYWHERE, it was just gorgeous. It was bright, sparkling, and all these star signs were visible, and I just remember feeling very optimistic upon seeing it.

I have a lot of water dreams - sea dreams too. But I would have to say this pink stars dream just left me with hope and happiness for the future, which I lack a lot of at the moment.

wait a minute, this is that format [ YOU ] thing isn't it?? Hahhahaha nice!
    Last edited by aphrodite27; 01-09-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Katagirl, had your grandmother recently died and you dreampt this?
    Did you not want to live before?

FeeDeLyon dreams are a little like posting on the internet, it's hard to get the feeling and context of what's said. Maybe "SomeOne" felt sorry for you and saw you were in a fog, left in the dark, going nowhere, and thought He could help.

That's a pretty cool dream... kind of easy to imagine an angle doing a little backwards writing on the glass hoping to get you turned around.

aphrodite27 Welcome, ya, we've had a little fun, The [ you ] thang's been around for a while and I started this thread with it to stir things up, It's been catching newbie's as well as some oldie's off gaurd. but it's been a fun way to get to know how different dreamers here are motivated or have changed their lives because of dreams.
    Naba = to Prophesy
    Daba = Kind Words
    Doo! = w/Enthusiasm!!!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

I will be honest, Naba-Daba-Doo!, it was a seriously rough time in my life, I had my son and had severe post partum depression, so severe that I developed psychosis. It is rare but does happen, I'm livin proof of it. I went for a month without eating, I nearly starved myself to death, I had to be hospitalized. I looked like a walking skeleton. While in the hospital, they lost my bp, and pulse, called a code blue to my room, I just drifted off, now granted at the time, I had no idea any of this stuff was going on around me, or even too me. I only know that I'm raising towards my grandmother, and she's waving her hands up and down really slowly back and forth, and shaking her head side to side, as if to say, no....no, you can't come yet, it's not your time. In fact it looked like she was mouthing the words, yet nothing was coming out. I remember she was so beautiful and I felt so at peace and eager to go, and it hurt me that she wouldn't let me come with her. I was 25 yrs old, and my grandmother died when I was 17 yrs old. Well they brought me back and I thought I dreamed it, I told my roommate when I woke up, I said, wow! I just had the strangest dream! I went on to explain and she went on to explain what just happened, so maybe it was one of those after life things, maybe it was just a dream, but I know I felt better, I felt ready to take care of myself again, I was content and peaceful, I felt like a brand new person. That's why I said I could not tell the difference between what is a dream and what is a near death experience. It could have been either.

:shrug:
    Quote Originally Posted by Katagirl View Post
    maybe it was one of those after life things, maybe it was just a dream, but I know I felt better, I felt ready to take care of myself again, I was content and peaceful, I felt like a brand new person. That's why I said I could not tell the difference between what is a dream and what is a near death experience. It could have been either.
    Very cool however :shrug: it's defined! The strength or purpose in that one dream can never be taken away :rockwoot::woohoo:

Thanks for filling us in on the details, awsome!

Default Steve Irwin Tribute

This is a continuation of my "Life Changing Dream" about Steve Irwin near the beginning of this thread. If you've been following, we've heard from a lot of fellow dreamers who have had their lives changed to some degree or another through the effect of dreams.

This dream was a big deal for me and it set me to ponder quite deeply. One of the things that came out of it was a bit of a tribute to Steve Irwin.

WARNING:Sorry if this becomes too much religious content for some, you can stop reading now. For those who are curious to read on about a dreams changing effect, you are welcome to read on. It's a bit long but no body's forcing you have some:podpcorn: while you read.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So we all hear the news, Steve’s accident is shocking enough! The media is posing the question… What are the odds of Steve Irwin or anyone being done in by a sting ray? And I’m thinking, what are the odds of me dreaming about Steve dying this way four months before? So the dream was about him! I’m also wondering how if I was told this in a dream, how does this fall into the “accident” category?

This info to me is like the dream all over again, an explosion of new information all coming at once! Yes! God can and still does speak to us through dreams! and He still speaks personally today. He even tells people ahead of time what and how it will happen. This information goes straight to my heart. Now I don’t have to just believe it, I know that I know God uses prophecy today. There is a God that speaks! I was told personally. I didn’t have to believe someone else’s word and I didn’t just dream this stuff up.

Well I’m still wondering what the dream was all about. Was God just telling me a secret and letting me in on it?

The dream and fulfillment and timing were all very encouraging to me personally and I tried to consider what God might be saying through it all. This dream will probably keep me wondering for a long time. One of the things I saw in it was this…

A Tribute to Steve Irwin... he dedicated his life to loving animals and encouraged us to do the same, even to love the not so nice ones, ones with scales and big teeth!

In a way, Steve Irwin coming into the animal world was a little like Jesus coming into ours. “While we were yet sinners Christ died for us.”

Jesus came into our world to be one with us and save us, while doing so He allowed Himself to suffer a fate from our hands.

It’s easy for us to get comfortable with our surroundings, our own culture, our world, the way we see it. Usually we pick everything we want to surround ourselves with what is acceptable to us. We pick our friends or type of church group. We draw ourselves to a certain style. We can hold on to these views so strongly that we will not see things any other way. To do so would be too threatening, it might unravel everything we’ve done to hold our world view into place.

I think it’s this human nature that directs us to do what comes natural to humans. If we are willing to admit we are working will a fallen nature. Then it may not be as hard a stretch to realize we may be prone to getting our own world view wrong once in a while or at least not get the full picture.

Part of Steve Irwin’s fame was that he had grown so accustom to the nature of crocodiles that to him they were very predictable. When presented with certain actions, they would respond generally in certain ways. The more he dealt with them the more he was able to read the hints of response they would make. Steve’s ability to read this nature or speak their language allowed him to get away with much more than most of us ever could.

Part of our attraction then to watching him interact with generally dangerous creatures was that from our unfamiliar viewpoint he was crazy to be involved with them. We could sit back watching the TV waiting for our minds “See I told you so” moment he occasionally got his due.

Growing up with a Christian heritage, or at least choosing to insulate ourselves with everything comfortable and Christian is a little like Steve Irwin’s same dynamics.

Sometimes we don’t bother to be involved with those who don’t see things our way. We think we are being so tolerant in letting some species of “animals” just continue in their own nature. Is it really loving them, to just allow them to happily do what they do, even if it will eventually kill them?

I picture God trying to encourage us to see His arms open to include more “animals”. With God’s spirit and love in our hearts we should have the ability to love more than just the cuddly ones. If we learn to see God as wanting to love more than just the brethren but those still outside the family. If we have His Spirit in us we have the ability to love more than we can imagine could ever be included in His family.
    If we follow our own nature only, and don’t follow His spirit of love within us, we will never put ourselves in danger of loving those who we have already written off as too far gone, not likely or not worth it.

So in tribute… Thanks to Steve Irwin for encouraging us to see beauty and help us see value in all God’s creatures great and small.

And special thanks to Christ Jesus who loved us first and redeemed us all from our own peculiar “animal” nature.

With this in mind, let’s not get in the way of this great love, but get with it!

Christ in us is our only hope of Glory. Without His Spirit in us there is no survival of the species (any of us “animals”) He gave his life, saving us from extinction. The greatest "animal" rescue ever told!

God, foreknowing that survival in this present habitat would not be possible without Him. Jesus made the only way for His Spirit to live in each of us. Our Spirit has no lasting or eternal life without becoming one with His. This world or eco system is passing away. Our only escape is His Spirit within us to carry us to the next.

Without This Spirit within us it is impossible for us in our human or “animal” nature to comprehend the deep motivation of His love toward us. It is not in our nature to do so.

Steve’s father, Bob Irwin, said: "Please don't grieve for Steve. He's at peace now, but I'd like you to grieve for the animals, for the animals have lost the best friend they ever had, and so have I."

Steve Irwin inspired us to see the animals as our friends, even the reptiles. I’m sure many will step up and continue that cause. How about us, I’m sure if we get near to the heart of God we will find it beats with love to the unloved, the untouchables, the unclean, un-civilized, un-domesticated, un-EVERYTHING

It would be a shame to find out our heavenly family could have been much larger if we would only have gone big, over the top, out of our comfort zone in loving and sharing the Holy Spirit within us with more “animals” in our lives. But our only excuse was that we were un-willing.

Let’s go big (love more “animals” into the family) then we can all go home (heaven)

Maybe some day we will run through heavens gates shouting…

Daddy! Daddy! Look what I found!
    Can we keep him?
    .............................................:flyp ig::spider:

Thanks for reading... How have your dreams changed you???
    Naba = to Prophesy
    Daba = Kind Words
    Doo! = w/Enthusiasm!!!

Default Re: So tell us [you], What was your most life changing dream?

My most life changing dream occured when I was 6-7 yrs old. It was a reoccuring dream where I wasin my home but found secert rooms, filled with beautiful thing, secret doorways and wonderful views... I kept having that dream over several months and often woke up and went to the area in the house searching for the secret door, nroom but of course never found it. I remember being bitterly disapointed in never finding them, the dream was so real. I didn't have that dream again until in my 30's, but just passed it off as a childhood memory and was always left with a vauge sense of loss, as tho I was missing something. a few months ago reflecting on that dream, an understanding of it flashed like a bolt of lightening, and I realized that those many rooms were parts of me, filled with as yet undiscovered joy, abundance and beauty, yet locked away. Slowy over the last few months I've been learning to allow those parts of me to "open" ( unlocking doors) if you will and let myself be filled with those feelings. Thats my most powerful dream experiance.

The second most powerful one is one I can create and do when I want and thats the dream of flying. I love that one lol. It's been fun experimating with flying in my dreams.

Default Re: So tell us Guest, What was your most life changing dream?

Sounds like some looking in... fuzzy naval kind of talk.
    What a great life changing discovery!

Just Peachy, anything else would be the pits!:hippie:
    Naba = to Prophesy
    Daba = Kind Words
    Doo! = w/Enthusiasm!!!

When I thought I wanted to practice magic, I dreamed of the fire pit. I gave it up and use my gift for good now.
    The only thing you cannot get back, regain, buy or own is... TIME ...

Default Re: So tell us Guest, What was your most life changing dream?

No more practice... it's all skill now
    Tina, your so sweet... you work your magic on everyone!:a45::a02::a44:
    Naba = to Prophesy
    Daba = Kind Words
    Doo! = w/Enthusiasm!!!

Hello friends.

When I think of my most poignant dream, I think of a night inside a dark garage where I was sitting inside a car where the windscreen was fogged over. At once, in the darkness, I saw the following message be written across the screen:

"TURN TO GOD"

This was alarming to me because, though I fear God, and turn to him in times of trouble, I would not exactly call myself 'religious'. This dream was the one that called me to Him, though my understanding of his word is still confused much of the time. From this dream I have learnt to trust others more and to try and be as good a person as I can, though I would welcome other's interpretations. :)

Tinacroy - I wonder sometimes if these dreams we have are our own subconscious (childhood) mind reminding us of what was our authentic self once :)

FDL2