Thread: Power of music

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Power of music

First)
    Do you believe in the power of music? That music can be something more than music. More than an arrangement of notes that sounds good? You might have heard the phrase, "Music soothes the savage beast" But can it do more than that?

Second)
    I make music. Up until I made my latest song. I was simply making things that sounded good to me. Techno mainly. But my latest song is different. I put more than just what sounded good. I put my feelings and hopes and love into it. Everyone that has listened to my song, has reported the same thing. My song can make people happier. I honestly believe that this song is more than just that. I think music can have this effect on someone.

and last)
    Angelic Lullaby
    This is my song. If you do choose to listen to it. Don't just listen to it. It auto loops...you might not notice the song restart either. Not everyone did.
    If you do listen, thank you. If not.. your still welcome to post your views on this subject.

Thats a very nice song, great title, it really suits the nature of the song. Yes i do believe that music speaks to people, makes them feel a certain way. The bassline of a song can relate to ones heartbeat. If a song has a fast bassline it can make your heart race, a slower one relaxes you, slows your heartbeat down and such. People relate to words of music but moreso to the rhythms behind the words. Pop music has all of the same general elements. It is generated a specific way, almost scientifically, to be popular. Hence its name. If someone is angry in a song it makes you feel angry, if its a love song it makes you swoon....so on and so forth.. Its no coincidence. Music is life, there is music in everything, everyday. There is music even in silence. It is a form of expression and spiritualism. Every religion incorporates song into it, people in comas wake up from hearing certain songs, people commit crimes or kill themselves after hearing certain music. It is not the musics fault, but the point is that it relates to a person a certain way. Everyone's tastes are different but everyone relates to at least some form of music. The wavelengths, the vibrations, the basslines, the tone, etc. Human beings are rhythmic in nature. We relate to repetition and rhythm in our every day lives. It makes us feel secure. It is no coincidence music has been around for so long, it is in our makeup.

Sorry for this being so long, this started out just saying i liked your song then i went on a tangent lol sorry. I would also like to add that this is purely my opinion.
    Last edited by lzett84; 11-22-2010 at 03:42 AM.
    Thank You

Default Re: Power of music

Izzett:
    Thanks for your reply.
    Sorry I'm taking so long to get back mine. (New computer, stress, etc.) Not a whole lot of time for me to do extra things. I have to agree with a lot of your opinion. Thanks again for your reply.

I think certain musical pieces can bring us back to a place in which we first revisited something. I have nostalgia if I listen to old songs or something on the radio. The best art comes from strong emotion, speaking from the gut, so to speak. In writing, the most powerful medium is when a person is focused and emotionally invested in their work. I find that some of the most fantastic artists are ones who speak with total unabashed creativity and intuition to reach someone else. Really great cinema pulls at your heartstrings and makes you think, for instance. I do see that you're an artist and by the way I love techno, so bravo!! Have a nice day.

yes i believe in the power of music just like i believe in the power of dreams. I think music is a an experience and that everyone should experience it.