Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Unhappy Recurring lucid nightmares

Recently my boyfriend of two years left me for our best friend.
    I've been a lucid dreamer for quite some time now, and before he left me my dreams would be great, always some adventure with all my friends or something like that. Now it feels like I'm having a lucid nightmare. I've read online and everyone says that's silly, you can just change what's happening. And yes that's true, I might be able to change what's happening but they're still always in my dreams and I don't want them to be anymore. I feel like I'm losing control. What does this mean?

Rachel-O,
    You don't say what the nightmares are about. You will probably keep getting them until you work through them.

Let me know what your dreams are about and maybe I can suggest something that will help.

Cheers,
    Idgy
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

--William Shakespeare, Hamlet "I.v.174-75"

Hi Rachel :)

Nightmares are only nightmares when we do not understand the elements that are part of the makeup of what we call a nightmare. Nine times out of 10 those elements in a dream whether we are lucid or not are projections of our own psyche.

Put in simple terms the projections of our own psyche are aspects of our own being that reflect surpressed emotions, behaviours, beliefs and attitudes etc. We store these surpressed energys in self because we either do not like them, they make us feel uncomfortable or they are traits which we do not like to acknowledge. Whats referred to as the shadow in some dream circles.

Next time you are lucid and faced with any one of these nightmarish aspects you can use your lucid awareness for healing purposes. Ask the nightmarish aspect what it is that it wants to impart what is its message, or failing any rational response etc by actively sending love to the nightmarish aspects of your dream you are giving permission to release the energy bound up in these 'illusions'. The other way of dealing with a nightmare when lucid is to take your power back when investing in these illusions, for it is your energy and life force that will continue to validate your nightmarish dreams often through fear. By becoming a true spiritual warrior we are able to conquer our own demons so to say.

Our grief and feelings of rejection can present itself in many ways, along with the anger and any rage of feeling betrayed. Coming to love yourself and take back your power is always part of the process after any seperation and can take a little time. Be gentle with yourself and maybe see your nightmares as a challenge taking into the dream the notion that you may not be harmed for you are always protected.

Just some thoughts, hope they help some!

Blueberry
    'Love is a gift that keeps on giving' Isira

hi Rachel,
    I made some analysis about what's going on to you and there are some points that I'd like you to know
    1. you're not having a lucid dream, its a vivid dream or maybe it can be called as lucid dream with low lucidity.
    2. you're still attached to your ex, it cause a depression that resulted to your vivid nightmare

my suggestion is, try to practice some relaxation techniques (i.e. meditation, doing your hobbies, etc) or/and you can try consume banana (no kidding, just try it) you'll see the different after few days, trust me ;)
    love,
    sunshine

Default Re:

Interesting post as for me. It would be great to read a bit more about that topic.