Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange symbol

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Strange symbol

This is first of a few dreams I have no idea, the meaning of.

To begin I have this

This is the symbol I saw in my dream. It was carved into a pumpkin, so I recreated it to match. In the dream, the pumpkin had sunlight coming OUT of it, like it was the sun. The sunbeams stopped a little bit away on a lion head. The lion itself wasn't moving. It was like a hologram made from the sunlight. After seeing the lion I went back to, and circled, the pumpkin and the symbol.

When i woke up, I could still se the symbol, and for the next few days even, it was clear. I made it in picture to see if anyone had an idea why it feels so important to me.

Hi,

If one dreamt there was a squash or pumpkin grown in his house in its season means
    his dignity and blessing will increase.
    If an ill person dreamt about a squash or pumpkin means he will cure (Because when
    Yunus was thrown by the fish out in the shore and he was ill a squash grew above his head and he ate it).
    If a jailed person dreamt about it means he will let free, if a pagan dreamt about
    squash means he will be a believer, if a traveler dreamt so means he will be back
    home, if commits sin means he will contrite sins.
    If one dreamt had some cooked squash or pumpkin means he will achieve his wish or
    will have a chance to pray to God.
    Squash or pumpkin may also mean: 1- dignity and rank 2- money and blessing 3-
    discipline in the affairs.

Light means guidance to God belief.
    If one dreamt light embraced him means he will teach someone some religion.
    Darkness means ignorance. The Cow/257.
    If dreamt light was shining in his chest means he is pious and honest and will have a good lasting .Zomar/22.

Light and luminosity may also mean : 1- God's guidance 2- Science 3- A right path 4-
    a pure belief.
    lion means a politician or a boss.
    The symbols I have not it .
    Dreams are scenes of daily day happenings in real life when interpreted will come and pass.This may happen in the near future in a few days to a month or two.
    People are asleep, when die they will wake up.
    42. God takes the souls at the time of their death, and those that die not during their sleep; then He withholds those on whom He has passed the decree of death and sends the others back till an appointed term; most surely there are signs in this for a people who reflect.

Pumpkin = Suggests open-mindedness to new ideas and experiences.

Sun = Suggests that you will experience positive influences and not be confronted with hardships or obstacles for the time being. Your spirit is in a state of peace and serenity. It is considered a positive sign to see the sun shining.

Sunshine = Suggests that you have gained insight or spiritual discovery. You are following the correct path in your life.

Lion = Symbolizes power, physical strength and aggressive behavior. This indicates that you are able to control and manage your emotions with ease. It could also represent An unpleasant situation.

That symbol you replicated, represents your Higher Self.
    Circles in general also represent God.

The color Orange = Is related to health and energy.

Sounds like you may be a very spiritual person, or you might just now be discovering the spiritual side of you.
    Row, Row, Row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily life is but a dream....

Default advanced technology

This documents aliens advanced technology.
    They are able now to bend the Sun's microwaves and
    burn these images into selected individuals brainwaves.

It's way more earth and environmentally friendly
    as now they no longer have to ruin wheat crops
    just to get their point accross.

It might be good to run down to the patent office
    to further claim this as the first sighting of this new technology.
    This would have to be crop circles (pumpkin)... next generation.:icon_mrgreen:
    Naba = to Prophesy
    Daba = Kind Words
    Doo! = w/Enthusiasm!!!

Default mandala

The symbol looks like a mandala and the dream has a mandala feel to it as “After seeing the lion I went back to, and circled, the pumpkin and the symbol”

Jung believed that the need to establish or preserve a temenos (A Greek word meaning a sacred, protected space) is often indicated by drawings or dream images of a quaternary nature, such as mandalas.

The symbol of the mandala has exactly this meaning of a holy place, a temenos, to protect the centre. And it is a symbol which is one of the most important motifs in the objectivation of unconscious images. It is a means of protecting the centre of the personality from being drawn out and from being influenced from outside.

Jung believed that the spontaneous production of quaternary images (including mandalas), whether consciously or in dreams and fantasies, can indicate the ego's capacity to assimilate unconscious material. But they may also be essentially apotropaic, an attempt by the psyche to prevent itself from disintegrating.

These images are naturally only anticipations of a wholeness which is, in principle, always just beyond our reach. Also, they do not invariably indicate a subliminal readiness on the part of the patient to realize that wholeness consciously, at a later stage; often they mean no more than a temporary compensation of chaotic confusion.["The Psychology of the Transference," CW 16, par. 536.]
    A pumpkin in your dream might imply your openness and your receptiveness to new ideas and experiences.

SUN is a Symbol of life, energy and spirit and represents the whole being, or source of consciousness.
    The aspect of yourself that is the source of your energy and enthusiasm, It depicts warmth, life giving power and daylight, the ability to see and appreciate

The lion can represent many things. Some of these things are family, courage, cooperation, and community (also fear). Lion people need to understand that one's well-being is based on living and working in harmony with others, without giving up one's individuality.

HEAD usually relates to your mental cleverness or intellect.. Apart from this it represents thoughts, personal decisions, and consciousness, awareness of self or controlling factor.

I like the image of the “sun rays” emanating from the pumpkin /symbol illuminating the head of the Lion – the Lion perhaps representing a Lion aspect of yourself and the impact on you thinking.

Thanks for your insightful replies. I like rightlefts interpretation. I did some research and it does resemble a mandala. I still can't figure out why I had to remember this symbol. It feels like I need to.

Varzandeh, it wasn't in my house, I forgot some details of the dream. It was more like a forest. The beginning, I was floating/flying towards a meadow. Then I wanted to find my cousin who was carving a pumpkin. Then I saw a glint of light, and flew to the symbol/pumpkin. (sorry for not explaining this more)

Hi,
    It only adds a travel on the way.

Good luck.
    Dreams are scenes of daily day happenings in real life when interpreted will come and pass.This may happen in the near future in a few days to a month or two.
    People are asleep, when die they will wake up.
    42. God takes the souls at the time of their death, and those that die not during their sleep; then He withholds those on whom He has passed the decree of death and sends the others back till an appointed term; most surely there are signs in this for a people who reflect.

Default Active imagination

If I understand it correctly a ‘mandala’ is meant to be reflected on , a tool for connecting to your inner self - if you can without attachment to preconceived thoughts, ideas and hoped for outcomes. Not a easy task. Your rendering of the symbol suggests you have a creative side – you may want to develop that gift and see what you come up with – try taping into the ‘Active Imagination’

Active imagination
    A method of assimilating unconscious contents (dreams, fantasies, etc.) through some form of self-expression.
    The object of active imagination is to give a voice to sides of the personality (particularly the anima/animus and the shadow) that are normally not heard, thereby establishing a line of communication between consciousness and the unconscious. Even when the end products-drawing, painting, writing, sculpture, dance, music, etc.-are not interpreted, something goes on between creator and creation that contributes to a transformation of consciousness.

The first stage of active imagination is like dreaming with open eyes. It can take place spontaneously or be artificially induced.

In the latter case you choose a dream, or some other fantasy-image, and concentrate on it by simply catching hold of it and looking at it. You can also use a bad mood as a starting-point, and then try to find out what sort of fantasy-image it will produce, or what image expresses this mood. You then fix this image in the mind by concentrating your attention. Usually it will alter, as the mere fact of contemplating it animates it. The alterations must be carefully noted down all the time, for they reflect the psychic processes in the unconscious background, which appear in the form of images consisting of conscious memory material. In this way conscious and unconscious are united, just as a waterfall connects above and below.["The Conjunction," CW 14, par. 706.]

The second stage, beyond simply observing the images, involves a conscious participation in them, the honest evaluation of what they mean about oneself, and a morally and intellectually binding commitment to act on the insights. This is a transition from a merely perceptive or aesthetic attitude to one of judgment.

Although, to a certain extent, he looks on from outside, impartially, he is also an acting and suffering figure in the drama of the psyche. This recognition is absolutely necessary and marks an important advance. So long as he simply looks at the pictures he is like the foolish Parsifal, who forgot to ask the vital question because he was not aware of his own participation in the action. [An allusion to the medieval Grail legend. The question Parsifal failed to ask was, "Whom does the Grail serve?" ]. . . But if you recognize your own involvement you yourself must enter into the process with your personal reactions, just as if you were one of the fantasy figures, or rather, as if the drama being enacted before your eyes were real.["The Conjunction," CW 14, par. 753.]

The judging attitude implies a voluntary involvement in those fantasy-processes which compensate the individual and-in particular-the collective situation of consciousness. The avowed purpose of this involvement is to integrate the statements of the unconscious, to assimilate their compensatory content, and thereby produce a whole meaning which alone makes life worth living and, for not a few people, possible at all. [ Ibid., par. 756.]

Default indefinable symbols

I am going through space, I am questioned by the higher power ''are you ready?'' to which I reply yes & immediately feel like I am on the gravitron hurtling through space... then symbols start dancing around me..... the only ones I distinctively remember :
    SYMBOL.jpg picture by AlibabaA9 - Photobucket

:confused:

? ? ? ?

Have you done any research on sacred geometry? If not I highly suggest that you do. I feel that your answer is there. Your picture looks to me like a variation on the fibonacci spiral. A fibonacci spiral is created If you sum the squares of any series of Fibonacci numbers, they will equal the last Fibonacci number used in the series times the next Fibonacci number. This property results in the Fibonacci spiral seen in everything from sea shells to galaxies.

A lot of crop circles show the same sort of symbol which leads to all sorts of other interpretations of course but the symbol that you have seen is very powerful.

Hope this helps. If you have spare time I suggest you do some research into sacred geometry. Bob Frissell and Drunvalo Melchezdiek have some great books about it as well.

Thank You