Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Lightbulb The Kitchen Timer Method

Below is a quote from a method of inducing lucid dreams I found elsewhere. I was wondering if anyone has tried this, and if so, what was the outcome?

Thinking of trying it myself. I will post the results. Might be hard for me, as I have trouble going to sleep and the kitchen timer is only 1 hour. But I guess if I were still awake I could just reset it and try again.

Here is the method:

Set a timer for when you know you will be asleep but not so deep you wont wake up from it. id say about 20-30 minutes depending on how fast you fall asleep

just a plain kitchen timer, now what you do is when it beeps, you wake up, but DO NOT move at all. make sure the timer shuts off automatically, those ones you wind are the best with a loud "DING" then they are done.

when you wake up you dont move and that will cause your body to fall asleep really fast, but your mind stays awake. you will enter into a state of "sleep paralysis" where your body is totally asleep, and you cant move it at all. now don't "test" this because as soon as you go to move, if you are not all the way asleep you have to start all over.

once you enter this state you want to exit your body --yes this sounds very hippieish and irrational, but trust me, it works-- now to do this you imagine a ball above your bed, that has a gravitational pull and it can actually take your body out of your body... because you are "dreaming" then you can make it a lucid dream.

explore your house. do whatever you want. now remember your not actually looking at stuff as it is, its not some psychic voodoo stuff, its just what you remember your house looking like. now you can make a volcano, go surfing, watch tv, anything

If you folks try it let me know!
    No matter where you go, there you are...

I plan to try this. sounds cool, Thanks Mike

hi mike sounds intresting let me know if it works for you

ill try this some time