Natsumi Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Am I a lucid dreamer, what exactly does it mean to be a lucid dreamer? :)

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've noticed that in last three years or so I remember my dreams in details, everytime I dream. While I'm dreaming I know that I'm dreaming and yet I don't. So to say, I just go with the flow of a dream. I always dream in colors. And I can retell most of my more interesting recent dreams if I would want to. So does this mean I'm a lucid dreamer, what is a lucid dreamer?
    Thank you for your answers.

Sorry, this does not make you a Lucid dreamer.

I've had lucid dreams before, and they require that you know you are dreaming. From there in a Lucid dream you take control and can do in your dream whatever you so please.

That is what a Lucid dream is in my opinion.
    I have a firm grip on reality. Now I can strangle it!

You've managed to shift from black and white to color!? Awesome! Well done!!

Yeah, it is hard when the dream has its own mind, and upholding the dream once you have complete control in it is very hard too. Keep up the progress!
    I have a firm grip on reality. Now I can strangle it!

Default Dream continued

Sometimes I woke up in a dream especially if someone is calling my name or about to show something. When I opened my eyes, the voice is still within me and I could still see the image of my dream for a few seconds. If the message is not clear, I would ask what's the message,plesae tell me I will go back to sleep. I would go back to sleep immediately and my dream continued. When I woke up, I could recall the clear image/message. It also happened to me that when I was asking a question or wanted to know something, I would wake up waiting for the answer. That question would be answer in the future in my walking state, sometimes during that day or after few days, weeks, months and even within seven years.

Thats very cool. Can you choose what to dream about. Sometimes if you focus on a specific thing you can make you're self dream of it. If you dont like to dream , try taking an over the counter sleep aid. I think you are not getting enough sleep.

Smile

Hi Natsumi
    are you a lucid dreamer? I would say, yes and no
    yes, because you're aware in your dream
    and no because you can't fully control your dream and still going with the flow of your dream
    with more practice I'm sure you can be a good dream bender, there's a lot of fun things to do when you can control your dream ;)
    I was like you, I'm having vivid dream quite often. one day I found an article about lucid dream and I learn to be a lucid dreamer since then (I start with making drean journal and read more articles about lucid dreaming)
    love,
    sunshine