Moon11 Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Dream of keys and almost drowning

Hey,

Last night I dreamt that I was trying to open a chest that my grandmother owned, I don't remember why. I had dozens upon dozens of keys to try, so I tried a few and eventually 1 key worked but it opened only a side door of the chest...so I was half happy/half frustrated.

In the 2nd part of the dream I was a treasure hunter and I was with competitors who were trying to find the same treasure. While everyone was busy I found an underwater cavern, so I dove in and swam what seemed like forever to get the treasure. When I was swimming back at some point I didn't think I'd make it because I was running out of air and I couldn't find the entrance to the underwater cave anymore...I felt like I was drowning but then suddenly I found the opening and swam out and was fine (not sure if that was lucid dreaming).

Thanks! :)

Keys are achieving a wish.
    Dreams are scenes of daily day happenings in real life when interpreted will come and pass.This may happen in the near future in a few days to a month or two.
    People are asleep, when die they will wake up.
    42. God takes the souls at the time of their death, and those that die not during their sleep; then He withholds those on whom He has passed the decree of death and sends the others back till an appointed term; most surely there are signs in this for a people who reflect.

Most people associate keys with opening a lock or door as such they might symbolize an idea or state of mind that opens up further realizations or experiences. In fairy tales often the key is a question which leads to the start of the heroic journey. The treasure hunt a typical motif of a heroic journey.

You seem to have many keys one of which opens part of a chest owned by your grandfather. – The chest could represent past wisdom, family memories, hope as in hope chests… in the first dream you are attempting to accesses something from the past perhaps as it relates to family.

In the second you submerge yourself under water, water here likely representing the deep unconscious. Here you are looking for treasure – long buried treasure – again associated with the past.

Like the chest a cave is associated with contact to the past, with the inner life. A going back into the past levels of our consciousness, where treasures or fears may be found – within a cave is often the found the spring, the source of our feelings or life. (Connection to the source of our feelings possibly being the treasure.)

Being submersed in ones unconscious can indeed feel like drowning – your dream suggesting that this deep self reflection may be difficult task but that the inner ‘treasure’ you discover may be worth it - you will make conscious something important to you.