Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    cherubin101 Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Naba-Daba-Doo! View Post
    it's getting too deep for me!
    you ask for it.

The statement about my intention not to offend you is just that a statement of my intention.
    –The statement is in no way a reference to your reasoning or whether I can “handle it” or not .
    Why every time I enter a conversation and they didn't accept my reply, the number one assumption and response is that I am “offended”?
    If this is a common response that you receive to your communication style you might want to ask yourself why people might be getting the impression that they might be offending you especially if that is not your intention.

Theology and Dogma!
    Why would you say that is a theology and dogma?
    Theology - a religious theory, school of thought, or system of belief.
    Dogma - a belief or set of beliefs that a political, philosophical, or moral group holds to be true.

A belief based on the concept of punishment and reward is a very common Theology and Dogma that many hold to.

If you have a son and he hit his sister would you not punish that son who hit?
    Yes I would hold him accountable - I would not punish his sister in his place nor would I punish any future son of my sons.

If you tell your son you will only get a present if he is being good would you not give him a present if he did?
    Yes, If I gave him my word I would try to keep it.

It’s appropriate to teach a toddler that correct behavior leads to positive results however as they mature I would want them to have developed character enough to do what right because it is right and not based on a fear of punishment or a hope of reward.

As a method of influence – promising a reward for good behavior is the least effective influencing tool in building character.

do to others what you would have them do to you
    And yet you profess a philosophy of “What comes around goes around!” a perpetual taking of eyes leaving everyone blind. and then the hubris to imply that that Gods Justification is what comes around goes around! (that does offend me)

-------

Earlier on you make the statement “Faith means firm belief” and I suspect this is where we disagree.
    I think there is a difference between taking firm action on what ones believe and 'firm belief'.

Firm belief does not require faith. Firm belief to my mind is actually a attitude of certainty one which can only lead to hubris and pride. 'Firm belief' all to easlily closes of a heart and mind.

Doubt is to Faith what Fear is to Courage. If you do not fear what need of courage. If you already know what need of faith.

How come that you do not understand the difference between right and left and tell people how to understand the meaning of their dreams?
    My intention is not to tell someone what to think but perhaps help look at something in a different way.
    I trust that people posting here recognize that each interpretation is just that an interpretation and that in the end they must make their own connections.

I think it’s great that someone can get a different perspective on their dreams from the various schools of thought and then chose what resonates with them and what doesn’t’.

Sometimes in life you have to change step in order to get a clearer view.

Right brain left brain, thought and feeling, doing and being we are indeed right and left at the same time. So it seems RightLeft has many possiblities or it may mean noting at all.
    Last edited by rightleft22; 04-11-2010 at 04:13 PM.

cherubin101 Guest

Default To rightleft22

If you have a son and he hit his sister would you not punish that son who hit?
    Yes I would hold him accountable - I would not punish his sister in his place nor would I punish any future son of my sons.

If you tell your son you will only get a present if he is being good would you not give him a present if he did?
    Yes, If I gave him my word I would try to keep it.
    If you answer YES on all of those questions then arrest my case…
    It is not theology or a dogma it is simply logic. You are just a one confuse person who dislike others belief.

Forgive my offenses! I did not intend to fear you in anyway.
    that is all! Peace be with you!

Peace be with you Cherubim
    Last edited by rightleft22; 04-12-2010 at 09:29 AM.