SolomonStClair Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Why do I dream of a person I don't know dying then I feel sad?

So I had this dream about a person I knew dying and I want to know what it's about.

The dream seems to have taken place in the near future although none of the people I knew there had aged. I was living with a friend who took on the role of a "leader" and another person who I didn't really know but made me want to know them more. She seemed like a person who just wanted to be loose, not up to a major point, but not really liked by her parents either.

So the friend I wanted to know more and I went to a party, there, at the begining, she treated me coldly when I tried to talk, but after a while she and I got to the point where I felt like she and I were beyond even a good friend relationship. I was immensly happy. Then it fast forwarded to a few hours later, I walk into the dorm without her and my other roommate told me that she was dead. I felt like the whole world around me was shattered, and I broke into tears. While he tried calling her mother (who didn't anwser during the entire dream) I told my friends as well (though I took a long while since I was crying and none of them knew her in the first place).

When that was done, we finally decided to go to the place where she died and have a procession there (though it wasn't really a procession, more over, an event to remember her before she died) I lead the event, and everyone there held candles as we began to pray. As we did, the dank room began to lighten and I felt as though she was going to be well. When the prayers ended the light faded back to the melancholy greys and blacks and the dream ended..

I woke up and after thinking of the dream I felt a wave of depression. I'm not sure who the woman was or what she had to do with me, only that I felt like I had a strong mental connection with her. I would really appreciate, any feedback I can get.

In this dream the characters are aspects of yourself, In effect they are symbols for your thoughts, feelings, or attitudes.

If the dream friend or person is no one you know then usually they represent the inner intuitive feelings that encourage and advise you, or relates to your contact with friends.

You party with this person, but return to your dorm (temporary living space, while you learn) alone were you lean this person, this part of you has died.

You then lead a possession – before your friend was the leader but now you take the lead - were everyone holds candles and prays.
    Candle is a symbol of wisdom and understanding, The flame gives light, consciousness, ability to see or understand, and transmutes the matter of the stick into heat, energy and wisdom, or light. It thus symbolizes the seeking mind of man trying to understand material existence, and thus gaining wisdom or light.
    Prayer is symbol of a expressive of an inner desire, fear or need. Also represents an alignment of self with God. See Meditation. A prayer may present information about the inner self of which we are unaware.

The service promised illumination but when it was over the light faded.
    LIGHT symbolizes our ability to see, to understand, to know where we are going, to feel at ease and sure of oneself and the nature of what surrounds and confronts us.
    GREY represents Unhappy, colorless existence. Morbid or serious thoughts, Officiousness.
    BLACK - Unknown, unconscious, evil, death, absence of knowledge, or ability to see or understand. Inner activities we are not aware of, but which like earth, are rich in possibilities, and have all the elements of growth.

The dream indicates that you lost, or are in danger of losing, an aspect of you self that you haven’t taken the time to develop and really get to know. is it possible your to serious?

“She seemed like a person who just wanted to be loose, not up to a major point, but not really liked by her parents either.

This person might represent a conflict between family or social expectations and standards that you adhere to but are too ‘tight’ for you, a repression of a ‘looser’ (but not loose morally)

The dream suggests you take the lead and honor this aspect of yourself, this loss, with candles and prayer. In this way death becomes life and so this aspect though dead may rise again in a new form rich in possibilities, having all the elements of growth
    Last edited by rightleft22; 04-03-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Stephrayoflight Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SolomonStClair View Post
    So I had this dream about a person I knew dying and I want to know what it's about.

The dream seems to have taken place in the near future although none of the people I knew there had aged. I was living with a friend who took on the role of a "leader" and another person who I didn't really know but made me want to know them more. She seemed like a person who just wanted to be loose, not up to a major point, but not really liked by her parents either.

So the friend I wanted to know more and I went to a party, there, at the begining, she treated me coldly when I tried to talk, but after a while she and I got to the point where I felt like she and I were beyond even a good friend relationship. I was immensly happy. Then it fast forwarded to a few hours later, I walk into the dorm without her and my other roommate told me that she was dead. I felt like the whole world around me was shattered, and I broke into tears. While he tried calling her mother (who didn't anwser during the entire dream) I told my friends as well (though I took a long while since I was crying and none of them knew her in the first place).

When that was done, we finally decided to go to the place where she died and have a procession there (though it wasn't really a procession, more over, an event to remember her before she died) I lead the event, and everyone there held candles as we began to pray. As we did, the dank room began to lighten and I felt as though she was going to be well. When the prayers ended the light faded back to the melancholy greys and blacks and the dream ended..

I woke up and after thinking of the dream I felt a wave of depression. I'm not sure who the woman was or what she had to do with me, only that I felt like I had a strong mental connection with her. I would really appreciate, any feedback I can get.

I honestly think it actually happened. The dead woman let you see her, you probably knew each other in another dimension or life, or even in this life, maybe you just knew her in some non material way. She let you see her because she wanted to be recognized, somehow. You made the little mass for her and she left in peace. The connection does exist between us and what we dream, nothing is casual. So I say talk to her, mentally precisely, you can meditate for it. Thank her cause she opened to you and see if there's any more information you can receive. No one will know this better than you.
    Last edited by Stephrayoflight; 04-03-2010 at 05:22 PM.