jennxmarie Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default dreams about ex?

Okay ,
    so lately I've been having dreams about my ex-boyfriend. We dated over a year ago, and I thought I was over it by now. The weird thing is, we didn't even date for that long but I guess my feelings for him were stronger than I thought. Usually, in the dreams we're dating. In the most recent dream, me and my ex boyfriend went to a carnival together. I'm not exactly sure what the meaning of these dreams are, and I don't know why I keep having them. Help?
    :confused:

Hi,
    To be intimate to someone is something that The Soul will never forget.
    A carnival if there was music means a sorrow or an illness is on the way.

Good luck.
    Dreams are scenes of daily day happenings in real life when interpreted will come and pass.This may happen in the near future in a few days to a month or two.
    People are asleep, when die they will wake up.
    42. God takes the souls at the time of their death, and those that die not during their sleep; then He withholds those on whom He has passed the decree of death and sends the others back till an appointed term; most surely there are signs in this for a people who reflect.

You’re not necessarily dreaming of your EX as much as you’re dreaming about your association, feeling and thoughts you had, or have, about him. In this sense your ex is a symbol and likely represents aspects of yourself that your dream consciousness (the unconscious) is projecting on to your ex boyfriend.

As yourself what thoughts and feelings you associate with you ex boy friend and then boyfriend in general. Is it possible that you’re holding on to any kind of distorted thinking or fantasy?

I note that in your dream you and your ex are on a date at a carnival. A date is time set aside to get to know someone and a carnival is a place to have fun, be a kid again, and experience new things.

The dream could be suggesting that you take time to have fun, perhaps loosen up your thoughts on ‘boyfriend’.
    Is it possible you deepened on your boyfriend or having a boyfriend to keep you entertained and let go, that you projected those attributes onto your boyfriend but which rightly belong to you.
    It’s also possible that you miss feeling connected to someone and having fun. Enough time has passed that you may have forgeten the reasons why it didn’t work and are now romanticizing you memories which you ex boyfriend would then represent.