Thread: drowning

Betta_Babe91 Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default drowning

About three days ago my boyfriend (ex) who i loved very much dumped me for no apparent reason and absolutely shattered my heart. I have been in somewhat of a depression since then. Last night i had a dream that i was in my kitchen with him and his mother, and he wouldnt eat the food that i was serving. so i found him a burrito from taco bell in the salad drawer of my fridge. his mom was very polite about it. then we were randomly in some foreign landscape (looked like greece or something) and i dont remember what happened after that, but he soon disapeared and i panicked. i spun around and saw the top of his head above the dark water of the ocean, and he appeared to be drowning. i screamed and dove in after him. the water was very cold and i had a hard time dragging him to the side. then i woke up. what does this mean? i cant stop thinking about him or the dream, and i am so upset i cant concentrate on anything or eat. help? thanks. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Betta_Babe91 View Post
    About three days ago my boyfriend (ex) who i loved very much dumped me for no apparent reason and absolutely shattered my heart. I have been in somewhat of a depression since then. Last night i had a dream that i was in my kitchen with him and his mother, and he wouldnt eat the food that i was serving. so i found him a burrito from taco bell in the salad drawer of my fridge. his mom was very polite about it. then we were randomly in some foreign landscape (looked like greece or something) and i dont remember what happened after that, but he soon disapeared and i panicked. i spun around and saw the top of his head above the dark water of the ocean, and he appeared to be drowning. i screamed and dove in after him. the water was very cold and i had a hard time dragging him to the side. then i woke up. what does this mean? i cant stop thinking about him or the dream, and i am so upset i cant concentrate on anything or eat. help? thanks. :(
    Hi,
    About three days ago my boyfriend (ex) who i loved very much dumped me for no apparent reason and absolutely shattered my heart.
    You have to accept that pople change and he is not obliged to stick with you or anyone else. He might have had a good reason. Three days is not long enough to forget someone and not enough to get over a love affair. Find someone else as soon as you can!
    Regarding your drea; it was caused by your upset and the indigestion caused by the upset.
    The problem in sleep is that after an upset like this you toss and turn in sleep and uncover yourself. That is why the water felt "cold" You also getinto bad sleeping positions that cause breathing difficulties.
    Your best course of action would be to show indiffwrence. Tell yourself it was better he left now.
    Dreaming is a vital function of life

Your dream is full of symbolisms that are easy to interpret. Whole dream is about your breakup and your love for this man.

Let me go step by step : " was in my kitchen with him and his mother, and he wouldnt eat the food that i was serving"

The food you were serving him was your love for him which he rejected.

"so i found him a burrito from taco bell in the salad drawer of my fridge."

So your willing to give him something else just as long as he eats what you serve. ( a less intimate relationship , just eat be nourished and stay with me recognize that whatever I have it is good. Is what your saying.

"i spun around and saw the top of his head above the dark water of the ocean, and he appeared to be drowning."

You see that something is troubling him, his emotions, persona, is different. Dark no longer bright and happy. You think his decision to break up with you is because of this ocean of emotions and decisions he is being influenced by.

"i screamed and dove in after him."

You want to save him, help him. You want him to see you as the good loving person towards him you are. You want him to see your sacrificial side. Willing to give him whatever you see he might need. ( ie: giving something else from the fridge)

"the water was very cold and i had a hard time dragging him to the side"

He is cold towards you , you are having a hard time with him listening to you. Hard time getting him back on your side.

Then you woke up.

That is the situation as you see it , there is no more to see.

But your dilema still remains. You woke up to the reality of your situation.

Just a personal note:

You are a good person, you cannot let this breakup make you think any less of yourself ( depression ) take some time out, and get to know YOU again and fall in love with yourself. You love hard , you lose hard . But you have a choice you can make at any moment, let go of him. Let him be and START TO LOOK AT AND LOVE YOURSELF. LET GO , REBUILD , AND be HAPPY.

Betta_Babe91 Guest

Thank you for the kind advice. I am working on it..

Default Re: your dream

Read my Mr. Comanche posts. When relationships become places where one is a savior and the other, like yours a drowning, then you know that it is dysfunctional. Please don't take offense, but in the desire to save someone that hurt you and doesn't want to be with you, you might go under too, in an emotional sense.
    Codependency is the idea that you cannot survive without another. Of course, two heads are better than one, but you need time to be solitary and to love who you are. That man is gone and you must get out of bed everyday and go on with your life and work and find someone else.
    I got dumped by a guy today who I was with for only a couple weeks and it sucks, but if a man really loves a woman, he won't break up with her. That is not love! A man that truly loves a girl will be with her through thick and thin.
    I honestly am very idealistic and romantic, but I believe most men are like Charlie Brown, in love with the red-haired girl, that basically a man initially decides if you are the one within two seconds of meeting you.
    Please be gentle with yourself and let yourself grieve. You will find someone better, who more deserves your love one day. :)

Hi,
    He was in the dark water means he will have a sorrow or a big problem or an illness.

Saving a life means you will speak to him about morals.
    Cold water means some disturbance and annoyance on the way.

You are right about depression and not to eat is not a good sign, please consult your doctor , let your health comes first then you will solve the problems with patience.

Good luck.
    Dreams are scenes of daily day happenings in real life when interpreted will come and pass.This may happen in the near future in a few days to a month or two.
    People are asleep, when die they will wake up.
    42. God takes the souls at the time of their death, and those that die not during their sleep; then He withholds those on whom He has passed the decree of death and sends the others back till an appointed term; most surely there are signs in this for a people who reflect.