Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    gracik Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

So just because my dream is in detail it doesn't mean anything, as opposed to short dreams? Isn't that what you trying to tell me before, if so I don't buy it.

And I might have to check some of those books out, sounds interesting.

Based on the background you gave about your relationship or non relationship with this girl is that you have developed some very strong associations when you think of this girl.
    • She stood up for you – this girl protects
    • She talked to you even though you avoided talking to here - this girl is assertive,
    • You liked this girl but avoided her – this girl is unrequited love,
    • This girl represents disappointment in not acting on how you felt on how you feel.
    • This girl represents having to conform to social pressures – you didn’t talk to her because of how it might look to your friend.
    And yet she protects you.

As a dream symbol then this girl is potent stuff.
    Personally I don’t think it’s helpful to think that dreams predict the future. I think it’s far more likely that your dream reflects an inner issue, something bothering you that you might not even be aware of.

Going to bed feeling lonely, or frustrated that you have to conform in some way, wanting to be taken care of… and this girl might appear.

As for long dreams verses short ones, long ones are just harder to get through.

Take your one sentence -
    “I looked in the mirror on the door on the car then I opened my phone up and called my ride, but I got no answer”
    Key word symbols in this statement are looked, mirror, door, car, phone and key actions are open, ‘called my ride’, and ‘got no answer.’
    To LOOK - Concentrate on. Draw attention to. Become aware of
    MIRROR - This has a great many levels of meaning. Basically it is a looking at self, a self examination; what we see in the mirror may not match our own what we expect to see. It may be better or worse. That is, in self examination we may come across, or see, parts of the nature that are the worst side of self, the things we have hidden from self. Or we may see innate possibilities as they would be seen in full bloom, which is a reflection of our spiritual possibilities. - Indian and Buddhist philosophy use the mirror in a slightly different way, as also Yoga teachings. It is explained that when we look at a mirror we do not see its actual surface. We do not see the actual mirror, only the images reflected on its surface, which appear as reality. Likewise, the spirit or true nature is like a mirror. In it we see the images of physical existence and life experience, which we take to be the only reality.
    DOOR - When one door closes, another opens. Opportunity, the openings life offers. Also represents an inner opening or realization of new parts of self, new feelings, new ideas. The door can also represent a barrier put between yourself and others, yourself and life, yourself and God. The opening or closing of this door represents the movement of your feelings and attitudes.
    CAR - Feelings about the particular car. The ideas, ambitions, drives, ideals, desires that get us somewhere in life. A vehicle or means of getting somewhere. Desires to get on in life; our journey through life. Or general outer experience in the sense of getting somewhere. Status, social standing. Self control or lack of it, in driving.
    PHONE – communication device, connection, how we talk to one another.

Your dream is filled with the image of the car, that which drives you. You don’t appear to have a car of your own so you need a ride.
    The dream takes place in a parking lot of cars, the girl falls between cars, you make out on a car, again not your own.

You opened your communication and call your ride (a attribute that picks you up and drives you), and got not answer. this personal attribute isn't there for you when you need it.
    When the dream starts this ride is not there and basically when you’re with this girl your ride does not show up and does not answer the phone. The end result is you making out with this girl. (Ditch the "ride" and get your own "car")

Lots of stuff here for you to think about, but this girl is a dream girl with some very strong associations, so I doubt very much that its telling you that you should contact her in the waking world. Just my opinion.

gracik Guest

I see what you mean by how the car might play an important part in this dream, but the one thing I don't think no one is answering
    (maybe I'm just misreading some of the posts) is why is it after I've completely forgotten about her and what she looks like
    (pretty much erased her from my memory) she appears in the dream all of a sudden?

She talked to you even though you avoided talking to here - this girl is assertive
    I didn't avoid talking to her, it was more like if I didn't notice her for some reason, then she would get my attention.
    If I avoided her then it wasn't on purpose, it was more because I was occupied with something. We were friends after all.
    I got a target story that shows how assertive she was.

She stood up for you – this girl protects
    She was the only girl to stand up for me. It's odd saying that.

You liked this girl but avoided her – this girl is unrequited love, This girl represents having to conform to social
    pressures – you didn’t talk to her because of how it might look to your friend.
    I avoided telling her my feelings because well...one of my parents didn't like her for some reason. And didn't want me to
    talk to her. But I talked to her anyway. And with her brother being my friend back then, he might of found it weird. Never really know though.

This girl represents disappointment in not acting on how you felt on how you feel.
    You might be right. I wish could of said something back then though.
    Last edited by gracik; 03-03-2010 at 01:29 PM.

Memory is a trickster, how we remember someone or something changes over time. We forget the bad and remember only the good or only the good and forget the bad. A smell can bring back a memory long forgotten, where did this memory hide?

(But the one thing I don't think no one is answering (maybe I'm just misreading some of the posts) is why is it after I've completely forgotten about her and what she looks like (pretty much erased her from my memory) she appears in the dream all of a sudden.)
    When your heart beats you not thinking about, if we had to be consciousness of everything that our body must do to keep the heart beating we wouldn’t have time for anything else, actually we would probably die. Consciousness, out of necessity, filters out information; actually it doesn’t pay much attention to most things. Your body however is literally receiving millions of bits of information a second 99.999% of which remain we reamain unconscious of. The unconscious remembers.

Because of what this girl is associated with for you it was a way for your unconscious self to communicate with you. (Direct communication is impossible as the unconscious has access to all the info while consciousness must filter so it uses symbols)

So why did you suddenly dream of this girl that you forgotten about. Like a smell triggering a memory it’s likely that something in your life, something I'd bet you filtered out, was similar to this memory.

This girl as a symbol represents a great deal to you. Not only is she representative of a feminine protective force (she is the only female to have stood up for you) she also represents the conflict between what you feel and what you do, a conflict between what you think others expect of you, or might think of you and what you really want to do.

Jung might say that this girl represents your - Anima -The inner feminine side of a man. The anima is personified in dreams by images of women ranging from seductress to spiritual guide. It is associated with the Eros principle; hence a man's anima development is reflected in how he relates to women. Within his own psyche, the anima functions as his soul, influencing his ideas, attitudes and emotions.
    No matter where a man is in terms of psychological development, he is always prone to see aspects of his anima, his soul, in an actual woman. Their personal aspects may be integrated and their significance understood, but their essential nature cannot be exhausted.

By making out with this girl you are essentially taking in and accepting her attributes, the reality is that you have those qualities within yourself.

The dream is suggesting that it’s time for you to embracing those feminine qualities, that you become better capable of protecting your feelings, of standing up for your feelings. That you express yourself based on what you believe and not so much on what you think others might think of you or expect from you.

From your responses it seems you want to project this anima image onto this girl you once new. This is understandable, you fantasize or wonder that maybe if you meet up with her again everything will be ok – that she will complete you. (you’re wondering that maybe this dreams means that you should find this girl)

IMO it’s far more likely that this dream represents a inner reality and that you need to develop those qualities you associate with her in yourself.

In your waking life right now, are you having difficulty expressing your feelings, protecting your feelings perhaps with another woman that you might like, could part of that be due to expectations that you think you have to live up to?

I avoided telling her my feelings because well...one of my parents didn't like her for some reason. And didn't want me to talk to her. But I talked to her anyway.
    Take a good look at the conflict in that statement and how you try to soften the experience for your ego - you admit you avoided telling her your feelings but then say you talk to her anyway, even though your parents didn’t want you to (ego stroke).... youdin't really talk to her though, at least not honestly, you held back. Your parents effectively got what they wanted, you didn’t. Now she is just another 'if only'.

Look we have all been there, peer pressure, family and societal expectations that resulted in missed opportunities.

We don’t want to see ourselves as weak so we tell ourselves that we “talked to her anyway” but we know, deep down we know, that we didn’t... and so when faced with similar situation, or just a memory triggered, we dream of the girl who stood up for us when we weren’t able to stand up for ourselves and of cars that we don’t own or drive.

All of which reminds us of a time when we didn’t act on our true feelings but on others expectations (cars) and the sense that we lost something.

Not too late to embrace and make out with those qualities, to stop looking for a ride and find your own car, one that better suits our experiences. the dream indicates your up to it. And when you do who knows you might just run into this girl again, only now you will see her.
    Last edited by rightleft22; 03-03-2010 at 03:44 PM.