Thread: Lucid dreaming

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Arrow Lucid dreaming

I discovered the meaning of lucid dreaming only 2 years ago realising it was the kind of dreams I've been having all my life being the most frequent type of dreams I make. I have never given any importance to my dreams in the past especially the lucid type; I used to think that if I can be conscious in a dream & be able to control/manipulate it then it was not a real dream; and whenever I was asked by somebody what I dreamed about the last night I usually answered nothing ' it wasn't really a dream' was my reply sometimes envying the real dreamers! Now I realise that LD is quite an extraordinary & fascinating thing. But the question I'd like to ask is why do I lucid dream way too often without making efforts to induce them or know any special technique to achieve that state. What does LD tell about the dreamer? their brain? Is it something positive or does it hide some brain problem: alternate states during LD are quite weird. What about the quality of sleep when the dreamer is having a LD? Since a child I have always complained about not having enough rest when I sleep; could there be a link with my so frequent lucid dreaming?

I'd be very grateful if anyone could help shed some light.
    Thanks in advance.

Tyler_Westyn Guest

Default I used to have Lucid Dreams regularly

depending on the definition of a "Lucid Dream",,when I looked it up,it referred to it as when you knew you were dreaming and took control of it. In my case,some of my lucid dreams took place in huge mansions where I just kept walking from one room into another for quite some time. In the early stages of a lucid dream,I will place my hands in front of me to make sure I am dreaming. Lately I haven't had these dreams. For quite some time now,my dreams have been rather boring,but on occasion I will have those dreams you never forget. Often it is related to mass flooding.
    So what happens in your lucid dreams>?
    let me know
    Tyler

billybro Guest

I didn't even know one could become aware that they are dreaming and actually control it for a while. Though I have always heard the whole, pinch your self and see if it hurts type thing. But I never knew why one would need to do that other then if they were having a nightmare. Which I don't have many of either. Which I find fairly strange, since so many people I know have nightmares fairly often.
    My sister used to have night terrors, but I digress.

I've never dreamed where I realized I was dreaming. It's always been a random dream about a random situation in a random place. I can't really say that I've had a re-occurring dream. To my knowledge any way.
    I have recently been trying to induce them because it very intriguing to me to be able to control a dream and do as you please.

sbell2890 Guest

I am the same way, I have had lucid dreams all of my life and never knew what they were. It wasn't until just recently I discovered that I am in control. Though I must say that knowing you're in control and being in control are very different. Any tips on How to better control my dreams, or how to dreamwalk?

False Prophet Guest

In my dreams when I am being chased after sometimes I am able to stop running turn around and take control of the situation. I am able to move objects with my mind and hurl them at whatever is chasing me. One time I was able to cast lightning from above with a thought to strike whatever is chasing me. At times, i am able to just realize that I can fly and just fly away leaving whatever it is behind me.

Sometimes I'll just have dreams that I levitate objects just to show off to the people around me. The the one that I have the most is when I am able to just stop myself and just fly away. That happens more often than not.

I don't really know what triggers it.

Quote Originally Posted by False Prophet View Post
    In my dreams when I am being chased after sometimes I am able to stop running turn around and take control of the situation. I am able to move objects with my mind and hurl them at whatever is chasing me. One time I was able to cast lightning from above with a thought to strike whatever is chasing me. At times, i am able to just realize that I can fly and just fly away leaving whatever it is behind me.

Sometimes I'll just have dreams that I levitate objects just to show off to the people around me. The the one that I have the most is when I am able to just stop myself and just fly away. That happens more often than not.

I don't really know what triggers it.
    Hi,
    It is very impressive what you can do in your dreams, however are you sure you are not dreaming that you are lucid dreaming? I have looked at the lucid dreams of some prominent advocates of lucid dreaming and the niggling questions are: are they daydreaming? or are thy dreaming they are lucid dreaming?
    The fact is that the subconscious has control while we're asleep. When I analised some lucid dreams I found that most lucid dreamers dreamt they were lucid. Their subconscious was playing jokes on them.
    The fact is that dreaming is a very serious business; it keeps the sleeper alive and wakes him/ her after the sleep.
    Dreaming is a vital function of life

False Prophet Guest

There are times when I stop and you tell myself that this is just a dream. Its the point when I totally become aware. When I become aware, I tell myself, "wait, if this is just a dream then i can do this" and then I do it. Sometimes when I am just dreaming that I am flying, I cannot control my flight. I feel like I am bouncing off of walls or trees. But when I am aware, I am able to control my path.

To be honest the only person who truly knows that they have control over their dreams is the dreamer. we can read 500 different articles about lucid dreaming but it all comes down to who's experienced the awareness. People who study dreams, take other peoples experiences and put a label on it.

superior Guest

The most basic definition of lucid dreaming is "being aware you are dreaming while dreaming"