foreteller Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default confusing message

I had this dream a few nights back. One of many involving tidal waves but this one stuck out as something important I had to remember. Maybe someone out there can decipher it and relay its message.

In this dream I found myself on the beach with my young daughter. There was an alert out that a tidal wave was fast approaching. Realizing that it was too late to run I told my little girl to hold on tight to the coconut tree and to hold her breath when the water covered her. I felt water approaching and turned to look around, when I looked back water had covered her and quickly receeded. She had held her breath. She asked me "Like that?'. I nodded feeling sad that she had to go through this. Then I held her hand and started running for the mountains. There were other women and children around me also running. It was dark but not yet night time.

I ran with my daughter untill we reached a white flight of steps that seemed to go on forever. There were alot of people around me, mostly slim built with fair complexion. They were mostly wearing white or cream coloured clothes. We all ran up the steps. I had my daughters hand firmly in mine. We were at the front of the large crowed. Ahead, just before the top, I could see a crack or break in the stairs. It was as if it were missing three or four steps. Next to it, on the right, standing on the ground was a tall thin man, almost asian looking. He seemed old but not that old. He was wearing a cream coloured long pants and a white short sleeved shirt tucked in.
    Before I reached the break in the steps he yelled out for us to stop. His left hand had reached out to stop us. With urgency he said that he needed to measure the crack or break. If the break was too big we would not be able to cross. He took out what I understood in the dream to be a reed. It was green and marked in four (or six) equal parts. He took the reed and measured the width of the break. Around me women (smaller than me) were crying and shaking ready to make another dash for it.

After taking the measurements, this man stood up quickly and he said, 'its barely just enough for you to cross. Hurry before its too late. Go now quicly all of you, to the top.' I didn't wait another second and dashed for the top. But as we were passing I made a mental note in my dream that I had to research measurements when i awoke (how wierd is that).
    When I reached the top, with my daughter, I was amazed at how white the platform was. It even had white walls that came up just below my chest. With the others around me, we looked out, below and then we all started screaming.

In front of us, way below was the beach, where my daughter and I had been. There was a multitude of people running for cover, behind them huge dark waves came crashing, wiping everyone off the ground. We were all screaming. Some were crying. Then to our right another less forceful wave struck. At that moment I knew with certainty that that wave came from Russia. On land we saw lava flowing from the right and in front of us. There was huge destruction of everything and everyone. I remember feeling how lucky we were to have reached the top just in time.
    ---

A few days after having this dream I told my brother about it and he suggested I keep a diary to record these dreams. We then decided to check measurements on the internet and if there was any such thing as 'reed measurements'. My first hit showed that it was indeed a form of measurement and used in Israel mostly in bibical times. I could feel the hair on the back of my neck and arms standing when I read this. I am not a maths person. I feel there is a link between that reed measurement and a timeline. If anyone can explain this please let me and everyone else know. I sincerely hope someone out there can understand this.

cherubin101 Guest

Default hello!

Do you know that the end time will be like the days of Lot and the days of Noah?

In the days of Noah God only found few people who are doing good and God instructed him to make an ark just for them and for the animal that is good for God. They survive the flood and inherit the land. This is the same thing happen to the days of Sodom and Gomorrah.

On the Days of Sodom and Gomorrah God came with his two angels. And God spoke to Abraham concerning the destruction of the city. He said to Abraham
    “If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare the whole place on their account.”
    And Abraham replied, “Now behold, I have ventured to speak to the Lord, although I am but dust and ashes. “Suppose the fifty righteous are lacking five, will You destroy the whole city because of five?”
    And He said, “I will not destroy it if I find forty-five there.”
    He spoke to Him yet again and said, “Suppose forty are found there?”
    And He said, “I will not do it on account of the forty.”
    Then he said, “Oh may the Lord not be angry, and I shall speak; suppose thirty are found there?”
    And He said, “I will not do it if I find thirty there.”
    And he said, “Now behold, I have ventured to speak to the Lord; suppose twenty are found there?”
    And He said, “I will not destroy it on account of the twenty.”
    Then he said, “Oh may the Lord not be angry, and I shall speak only this once; suppose ten are found there?”
    And He said, “I will not destroy it on account of the ten.”
    As soon as He had finished speaking to Abraham the LORD departed, and Abraham returned to his place.

The two angels came to Sodom and Gomorrah and did not find that ten people who is doing righteous. Then the two angels instructed lots and his family not to look back once they reach the land that they mentioned and will be safe there but Lots wife was curious and look back to her beloved city and becomes the pillar of salt.

Jesus said this while ministering to the Jew, He said…
    “Remember lot’s wife. Whoever seeks to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it. I tell you, on that night there will be two in one bed; one will be taken and the other will be left. There will be two women grinding at the same place; one will be taken and the other will be left.

(The main key to be saved is to lower yourself and be humble so the one who is coming will exalt you and take you to a safe place. You should say to God “I am not worthy to receive your Kingdom.” So in this way you are exalting God and not yourself. Do not be proud thinking that you will be safe because God will destroy all the pride of man. Repent right away. Do not hold back to what you have or what you possess in this world. Always ready to give up everything you have so you may preserve your life in the future.)

Anyway about your dream,
    The dream is about what I mentioned above and the reed is about human measurement. This human measurement is about the temple of God’s new covenant and the people who will truly worship God and will inherit the land (Revelation 21:7-8)

It says in Revelation 11:1-2
    Then there was given me a measuring rod like a staff; and someone said, “Get up and measure the temple of God and the altar, and those who worship in it.
    Leave out the court which is outside the temple and do not measure it, for it has been given to the nations; and they will tread under foot the holy city for forty-two months.

The above verses are not about a stone temple in Jerusalem it is about human temple who worships by heart and souls and do God’s will. These are the people who believe in the name of Yashua. The outside court temple is about people who are doing evil and they will tread under foot for forty two months by the nation.

foreteller Guest

I do believe that my dream showed destruction that will come about but I was puzzled by the reed measurement bit as it was something I was never knew existed.
    From what you are saying I gather that the number of people that truely believe in Christ and are still true to his teachings are dwindling and that we have only a small time left before the destruction begins.
    Thank you for your help.:D

Hello, foreteller.

You had a very interesting dream, and im amazed by what im looking at. The reed is more or less known as the measurment of the temple, as the person who visioned this sought to worship there. So God helped him out. The reed and rod are the same, though in the end times which is now, is known as the golden rod. So the golden rules were most likey taken from this concept and used for something else. The rod would be divid if a person didnt understand the basic concepts of it, thats for the entrance, as no one can go without that kind of belief. The belief is such that dumfounds most people, so they are unable to believe in such a thing. A leap of faith.

The bible gives the example with Peter on the roof top, being shown how things were changed in a vision he had. He must of been praying for the answer and waiting for what he should do when three other brothers came to his door to fetch him. Thats because they found people who were given the holy spirit by God. At the time, that hadnt happend yet, as first came the exceptance of certain concepts before entry into the church was allowed. Then by laying on of hands and being pryed for, the holy spirit could enter a person to further help them. The helper. So the debate was should they go ahead and baptize them, which they did decide that if God picked them, they should go ahead and baptize them. So now days either a person believes what they hear and accepts it, or God has to show them and someone comes to fetch you. But either way you have to accept what you hear to enter. So only belevers join together, and those who are confused about it wont.

When the church used to exist, and after Jesus went to heaven, the church of Jesus was run out, and no longer existed. The churchs that existed were not the true form as God intended. If you remember your scripture right, Jesus was very upset that everyone made Gods church into something that kept people from heaven. So it has been ever since untill now. Since the church has been rebuilt, the temple too, it has been growing. They could not rebuild it where it was because all those people were to stuborn to accept what God wanted, and because they were to set in what they wanted and not what God wanted. The seeker is someone who seeks what God wants, not for their own selfish reasons. Most people tend to cave in due to making money, plus they dont want to admit their wrong.

In the end times, there will be those who say Jesus is here, or he is there, and thats whats going on between all the churchs. Everytime someone has a inspiration being shown something to help them, they instead believe they have been given a new way for people, so start up a new church. So one church springing off another doesnt make it right either, its something God does not mankind.

You would have to look around, and check each idividual church and doctrine, and decide for yourself which one you were shown. When i was shown it, i looked but i couldnt find it, eventhough i knew they existed. Most dreams are places not so much events.

Peace and Love in Jesus.

Example of a measuring reed in the Bible.
    New International Version
    Revelation 11:1
    I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, "Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, and count the worshipers there.

Your dream has the marks of being reassurance from God that He knows exactly how to help you. How wonderful! Nothing is left to chance because God's angels are are competent and trustworthy to protect the Heirs of Salvation in all circumstances.

Praise God for reassurance, because He builds our faith before our faith is tested.

Briarcliffe

foreteller Guest

Default Possible meaning

Oh wow, that is reassuring. Thank you.

With both your help I did some more research and came up with the following:

From Revelation 11:1 - The reed was given to him. It is a divine measure. Whatever is measured is to be compared with a divine standard. There is a divine standard for measurement which was given by our Lord to the apostles. This is the New Testament of Jesus Christ.(...) The measure shall be applied to those who profess to be Christians. It will be seen whether they come up to the standard. (Revelation 11:1 I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, "Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, and count the worshipers there.)

So I guess the message is for everyone. We will all be measured by the devine standard of measurement given by our Lord to the apostles. At the moment we are just making it but the time is short and we all must seriously start ensuring that we and our loved ones are up to this standard.

Thanks for both your help. I am so relieved and reassured that this is the message that was being relayed and I hope that everyone that reads this understands it and acts accordingly.

cherubin101 Guest

Default Thanks briarcliffe,

The reason why I did not use NIV, KJV, ASV, and others that say the actual word “reed” is because there are some Christian churches that are willing to destroy other book for the sake of one book or one translation. I think that is ignorance and the works of evil spirit. They are digging their own holes by fallowing what man tells them. They are indoctrinating themselves by which or what is considered good to them and for this reason it is dwindling. Read more on what I said about religion on this thread.
    http://www.sleeps.com/forums/general...chat/27920.htm

foreteller Guest

Default In agreement

I see what you are saying and agree with you. That is why it is even harder for us to live up to the Devine standard. Each day is a battle against temptation for all of us.... The strong ones are the most faithful to christs teachings... how many of us, after taking a good look at ourselves, can honestly say that we are up to the Devine Standard?

Rawse Guest

Default ^^^

Nice one...human mind is simply materialistic which makes him impossible to attain devine state..society is too complicated. More moving away from the devine characteristic.

foreteller Guest

Default Materialism

Thanks Rawse.
    That is evident all aournd us today. The majority have given up trying to be good enough for the devine standard. But there is a way to be strong and that is only if God allows it.
    For that to happen we must, every day, a few times a day, ask him to help us make ourselves measure up to that standard. And then we must consciously make that effort to be better, be it a simple hello and smile to a stranger or helping an old person cross the street. Simple acts of kindness goes a long way in bringing us up to that standard.;)
    Last edited by foreteller; 02-24-2010 at 03:49 AM.