Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Reacuring: Desert Dream

Okay, ive had this dream at least three times maybe more it didn't reacur with in every day but maybe ever once a year to a couple months. Okay everyone was in a supercenter, and we where traped in there, but someone found a way out and then we all went seprate ways me and friends I didn't know just random people went one way, we where in a desert but there was a river flowing trough the middle of it, so we where trying to cross the river, I went first, it wasn't very deep but then I started to sink and float down the river, but then I came to a waterfall but just as I was about to be swept down it someone pulled me out, so then everyone was on the other side and we all decieded to fly out of that place, but we couldn't figure out how to, so I ran up a hill and came to a cross roads, a girl in a black cloat pointed a way and I ran up there and on a rock ledge was ingraved "fly like butterflys" or somthing along thoughs lines, so then I ran down and told everyone that we needed to create something that looked like and flyied like a butterfly so we did and then I woke up, we did make it out of the desert but just as we did I woke up. Please help Interpert it. :) Thanks.

please someone try and inturpert it...I have been wondering if it really means anything at all sence it reacurrs alot... please help me.

You enter the desert after coming out of a supercenter – We shop in a store for things we need or want a store in your dream could suggest shopping for new ideas, looking for the various choices out there for you. But what you are looking for is not in any material thing and so you go out into the desert.

We enter into the desert at times of change, it is in these places and times with little substances, that we find or confront our true self’s.

DESERT - A lack of feeling; intellectual aridity, skepticism, doubts. A lack of certainty about self, life, the future. The wilderness with which outer life seems to present us, creating a terrible thirst and hunger for certainty and real experience of our inner being. In the desert these desires, and the aridity, cause us to see mirages, or illusions. So the desert represents all the so called logical, intellectual, arid opinions, beliefs, speculations and biases we hold on to when we lack true inner knowledge and certainty. It also represents the actions and thoughts that arise in our lives from such beliefs and opinions. These cause nothing living or carrying real satisfaction, to grow in our lives. It may also depict feelings of isolation, of being deserted, of hopelessness and loneliness, of nothing to live for.

You come to a river
    RIVER - A river stands for the current of our energies that carry us along, or can sweep us away, or in which we can drown. Crossing a river means a change. Going against the current is to go against your inner flow.

You go with the flow or your energies; you float - To be moved by passing feelings instead of by inner purpose. - Eventually too you’re threatened by going over a falls. time to change and with help, you manage to cross the river.

On this side of the river you search for purpose, (something you didn't have when you floated) - to find a way to fly.

You continue in the desert and come to a cross roads, another point a choice. You see a girl - GIRL could represent affection, intuition, and maturing female sexuality. Or Immature emotions, love, motherhood or womanhood. She is in black coat - Inner activities we are not aware of, but which like earth, are rich in possibilities, and have all the elements of growth.

You run onto a rock - Solidity, strength, foundation, and steadfastness in the face of storms, problems, emotions. The rock has often symbolized security, refuge and protection on the physical or social level. As a characteristic it represents rigidity or being unmoved in face of opposition. Inwardly it signifies faith that can see you through turmoil. Mentally it represents the ability to understand, and not be moved. To understand life is to be a rock amidst the waves.

On this rock you discover the how to fly – to chose the way of the BUTTERFLY - The beautiful that emerges from the unpromising, or ugly. The awareness of life, or wisdom, that emerges from physical experience.

So you go from a store of the material and enter into the desert a place of spiritual growth with your friends- and always with help, inner strangth you can depend on, - you cross a river, moving from inner feelings to inner purpose and learn the secret on how to fly.

Still in the desert you come to another decision point, and again inner help, the girl in the black coat, unknown rich possiblies, maturing emotions points you to a Rock, something strong, a solid foundation on which to build on. The ability to take what others might see as ugly or unpromising and nurture it into something beautiful and light, capable of flight.

And this abiltiy, this wisdom, of taking what is ugly and making it into something more, what it always could be. if you take this road which will be difficult, if you cross that road, This you are to teach to others.
    Last edited by rightleft22; 02-24-2010 at 06:43 PM.

I’m don’t know how old you are or where you are in your life but from your dream I would say you are young and entering into a time where you are thinking about what you might do in your life. (Material – spiritual, crossing the river, the cross roads are all about choosing.)

What I like about the dream are the resources that seem to be at your disposal, in each step of your dream journey you have friends to help and guide you and I suspect this means not just in the outer world but that you have strong inner resources that you can depend on, that you can trust your intuition. (it might be worth your time to delvelop that resource)

The butterfly is a wonderful symbol of transformation, transformation is difficult path as it requires a continual “dying” and “rebirth” but as a rock on which to build and fly from, I can think of nothing better.

Might I recommend a book ‘The Alchemist’ ‘by Paulo Coelho
    Best of luck as you seek our your treasure, your personal legend, I hope you choose to fly