skye65 Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default A message from a loved one?

My brother died almost 3 years ago, he took his own life. Tonight I had a dream it was new years, I had been out and took a cab home (I live to far out for a cab to ever come out here), the driver kind of phased out for a few moments(she was a really old lady), like she was in a trance after I paid her. My brother was at my log cabin, but it really run down and not the same, I dreamt of a run down log cabin last night (my ex-husband form almost 9 years ago was in that one)I moved a year ago. We smoked a cigarette. He said to me or somehow I knew he was talking about ending his life and he said "My life is one of perdition, my soul is full of sadness." and I woke up. I didn't even know what the word perdition meant, I got up and looked it up. It was 2 AM, yesterday was my moms b-day and the heater must of gone out for no reason, it was 47 degrees in my house.

BATMAN Guest

Sounds like a message from a loved one...Do you want to end up as your brother did?

skye65 Guest

no, of course i don't. I just am confused of how i could dream of he saying a word that i didnt even know.

The unconscious has access to far more information than the conscious ego so it is possible you heard the word long ago but did not consciously register it.

I am sorry for you loss

I note in your dream that you take a cab home
    – often in dreams a car can symbolize the ideas, ambitions, drives, ideals, desires that get us somewhere in life. A vehicle or means of getting somewhere. Desires to get on in life; our journey through life. Or general outer experience in the sense of getting somewhere. Status, social standing. Self control or lack of it, in driving.

Not only does the car not belong to you but you aren’t driving it, instead an old lady is driving it.
    A unidentified woman in a dream can represent ones on female aspects nurturance, passivity, caring nature or love as. That this woman is old and that fact that she is in a trance could represent neglect of one’s feeling capacity.

The home you have been driven to turns out to be a rundown log cabin

HOUSE - Usually represents the dreamer while a LOG is dead wood and can either be old opinions, or old habits of feeling. It is something that grew at one time, and has now become dead wood, fixed opinion.

Your brother seems to symbolize profound sadness to you and the dream may be suggesting that it’s time to drive your own “car” home and too do this may require re-assessing of old opinions perhaps as it concerns you feeling, nurturing aspects.
    You don't want to be left in the cold.
    Last edited by rightleft22; 01-12-2010 at 04:02 PM.

Default dreming of a loved one

Dear skye65: Welcome to dreamcentral. The fact of the cab driver phasing out, in my opinion, would indicate she was acting as a spirit guide to connect you with the demensional space your brother was in. Basically your brother explained his sorrows in life to you. When spirits or radio light energies incarnate in a body at birth they allready come equipped with a given set of attitudes and perhaps agendas to work out on the physical plane. Secondly they work them out on somewhat of a neutral backdrop, that is there will be pleasant surprizes and negative surprizes in life. In conclusion what I am suggesting is that as people we can be supportive and listeners to those close to us, hoever we cannot be responsible for their attitudes and actions, because the basic attitudes come with the incarnation of that being and there is a connection between attitudes and actions. best regards.

skye65 Guest

thank you to all of the supportive responses i have received. i was searching for understanding when this dream hit me and basically scarred me. I appreciate your interpretations.

thank you

Light Seeker Guest

Hello Skye, I would say it was a blessing to be able to see your brother again.. and he letting you know his regrets of what he had done..or was going to do, only so that you know it had nothing to do with you and nothing you could of done would have stopped him. The old lady was a spirit guiding you to where you needed to be maybe an ancestor you do not even know taking you to your brother.. dreaming of the log cabin is like dreaming of home sometimes your dream just takes you to a place you felt good at. I am sorry that your brother decided to take his life and you missing him. People forget that when they take there lives it leaves us saddened and helpless and what we could of done. but as I said before see it as a blessing that you were able to see him talk to him and if you dream of him again let him know you love him & have forgiven him and he needs to move on towards the light of peace.

Light Seeker