Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Letter

Pand0ra Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Letter

Hello everybody!

I usually dream a lot and I know dreams are product of our own experiences but I would like to receive some opinions about this specific dream.I was searching here in the forum about the meaning but it wasn't totally usefull.

I'm studying in a different country for a few months and I have this friend who I met here when I arrive.We used to be in the same group of friends but a few weeks ago he started to be away,more distant and I don't know why.Since then I realize that I'm really missing the old him...

Like I said,I usually dream a lot but dreams are not so common since I moved to this country.It's even weird to know that almost every dream from the few that I'm having it's related somehow to that friend.The last one was about a letter.In my dream I found a lot of papers with hints that lead me to a letter from him telling me to meet him in a place.I never went there because I woke up.

I was reading some meanings for dreams about letters and I'm confused...

I apreciate if someone can give some opinions...

BATMAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pand0ra View Post
    Hello everybody!

I usually dream a lot and I know dreams are product of our own experiences but I would like to receive some opinions about this specific dream.I was searching here in the forum about the meaning but it wasn't totally usefull.

I'm studying in a different country for a few months and I have this friend who I met here when I arrive.We used to be in the same group of friends but a few weeks ago he started to be away,more distant and I don't know why.Since then I realize that I'm really missing the old him...

Like I said,I usually dream a lot but dreams are not so common since I moved to this country.It's even weird to know that almost every dream from the few that I'm having it's related somehow to that friend.The last one was about a letter.In my dream I found a lot of papers with hints that lead me to a letter from him telling me to meet him in a place.I never went there because I woke up.

I was reading some meanings for dreams about letters and I'm confused...

I apreciate if someone can give some opinions...
    You're confused because your treating your dreams as if each part of it is some symbol that can be checked off a list. Such a thing does not exist and those who tell you so are full of...Well...They don't know.

This "friend" you meet...Do they exist in your waking life? And if so, what are your honest feelings toward them?

Pand0ra Guest

I said I was confused because I found a lot of different meanings.I know the meaning always depends in the context,that's why I explained my dream.

Yes,this friend really exists and he is just a friend but maybe he is appearing in my dreams because I'm really worried about his distance now.

Hello Pand0ra,

I think this dream is about the growing distance between your inner-self (dreaming-self) and outer-self (waking-self). The letter in the dreams suggest a way to get back to dreaming and, therefore, reconnect with your innermost self. It is likely that you dream every night but forget the experience during the arousal process. This happens because your waking experiences likely overwhelm your thoughts as you awake from sleep. If you desire to remember your dreams better, write a letter to yourself with that desire in mind. Read the letter before sleep each night and remember how important your dreams may be to the choices you make in life. I hope this helps.
    "Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart; live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours." Dale Carnegie

Pand0ra Guest

Thank you very much DrmDoc.It helped a lot...;)
    So,you are saying that I want to connect with my "dreaming-self" and it's not because I'm worried about my friend?It's always him appearing in the few dreams that I remember here.Only last night I dreamt about something different,I dreamt about bats...

Hello Pand0ra,

No, I think this dream is about being a friend to yourself and establishing a line of communication with your innermost self through your dreams. That dream last night about bats was probably a response to BATMAN's comments about your dream. This gives you a sense of how responsive you are inwardly to counsel on how to connect with your inner-self. I hope this helps as well.
    "Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart; live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours." Dale Carnegie

Pand0ra Guest

Really?Do you think I dreamt about bats because of BATMAN's comment?I

Interesting point of view but I think I wasn't so influenced by the comment.I'm not so addicted to my dreams' meanings,I think it didn't affect me so much that my mind played me a trick and a lots of bats appeared in my dream because of a nickname in here :)

But you can be right...

Once more,thank you for your help ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Pand0ra
    Really?Do you think I dreamt about bats because of BATMAN's comment? Interesting point of view but I think I wasn't so influenced by the comment.
    Dreams aren't as much about what we consciously think and feel as they are about what we experience unconsciously. The person your are consciously is not the person you become unconsciously when you dream. Dreaming is about the experiences of the unconscious mind and what it thinks is relevant. Neurologically, our dreaming brain acts as a separate entity from the way it behaves consciously. Although BATMAN's comments may not have had a prominent affect on you consciously, your unconscious self (innermost self) may have found those comments disturbing.

cherubin101 Guest

Default hello!

Or it could mean like this. There is something in Batman’s comment that you did not pay attention to such as these comments…

“Do they exist in your waking life? And if so, what are your honest feelings toward them?”
    Because bat symbolizes that you are blind into a situation such as that comments. That is why you dreamed about bats. Because bats are only active at night and not in the morning so our insight are only active when we sleep at night and not in reality when we are awake.

The letter dream is about your current situation about this man. Letter symbolizes guidance and new opportunities and it is guiding you to get to know this man in real life.
    You say that you are missing him. Is that true?
    And what is the feeling that you have?
    Are you feeling that he is avoiding you in purpose? Or do you feel something else than being friends?
    Is there a reason why you are curious about him?
    Why do you miss him?
    This is what letter means. It is guiding you to meet him to get to know him better.
    I hope that helps!

Pand0ra Guest

Hello cherubin101!Thank you for your point of view.

1st of all,I'll answer your questions:

-You say that you are missing him. Is that true?-I think so
    -And what is the feeling that you have? -Just friendship
    -Are you feeling that he is avoiding you in purpose? Or do you feel something else than being friends?-As I answered in the previous question,I just feel friendship and I think he is avoiding me(and not only me) on purpose.
    -Is there a reason why you are curious about him?-I just would like to understand why he changed.He always avoids the subject.
    -Why do you miss him?-I miss the friend that I met in the 1st week that I arrived.He was one of the closest.

But I think I know why he is distance now.Some people joined the group of friends,maybe he is jealous,demanding more attention.We barely talk now.I know I didn't do anything wrong...

I guess it's better to move on,I didn't do anything wrong,it's his choice.I shouldn't worry no more.

Last night I dreamt about a blind boy that was following me in the street.Do you think it's still connected?